Variety Jones in the news.

Rant and Rave about The Canna Trade.
johndoe_
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: Andy™

Post by johndoe_ »

Munchy wrote: just in case my post was overlooked...
we do not require valid email addys for registration here.
I could register an account with a fake email address pointing to Gypsy,
just as easily as anyone else.
and I've always suspected that it was a simple ruse/purposeful misdirection.
besides I know that email addy was not valid because I sent a message and it bounced right back,
just like my letter to Thomas Clark @ Wandsworth did.
also when the real GN signed up here, his email addy was from icmag, not hushmail.
POM always used hushmail.
Sorry, I did took note of your comment but forgot to reply. The date of the "anonymous" message enter the time frame VJ started trading on SR, which would make sense if they wanted a good alibi in case one of you guys also happened to lurk on SR and recognised the nym but why pose as GN? That last bit doesn't make much sense if the goal was to be taken seriously. If I remember correctly the message was quite cheerful and whoever wrote it sounded please to have and give news about PoM. From what I understand if there is one person that wouldn't give a shit about what happens with PoM it is/was GN, unless I missed something.
Last edited by johndoe_ on Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 71 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Hmmmm. I had kinda assumed if the "News" post was a subterfuge, it was most likely Clark himself behind it.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

A Bloke Down The Pub
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Shaman to the Gentry

Post by A Bloke Down The Pub »

johndoe_ wrote:.....if they wanted a good alibi in case one of you guys also happened to lurk on SR and recognised the nym
Not much of an "alibi".
Why draw attention to himself at all?

We're a suspicious and curious lot by nature, and if we thought we recognised a nym, we'd be more likely to check the alibi closely than to shrug it off, and finding it fake would confirm our suspicions.

Edit:
Looking through those SR chat logs, VJ's style doesn't appear to be anything like PoM's.... Not even a very bad approximation.

smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 185 times
Received Karma : 343 times

Post by smokebreaks »

See, it's this one here: http://antilop.cc/sr/exhibits/GX-227H.pdf

If I were a betting man, I'd lay odds that there was a communal effort.

The one I think that speaks to me is that the Silk Road had a ranking system for the vendors, much like the "karma" hack.

Now who do you think that would have been?
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 71 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Users browsing this forum: Gadabout, Jesús Malverde and 0 guests
C'mon Gad, say your bit if you'd like. Anyone can read that, you could've logged in as hidden or just not logged in at all if you wanted to be discreet. :toker1:
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

A Bloke Down The Pub
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Shaman to the Gentry

Post by A Bloke Down The Pub »

smokebreaks wrote:See, it's this one here: http://antilop.cc/sr/exhibits/GX-227H.pdf[
If I were a betting man, I'd lay odds that there was a communal effort.
"cimon" certainly seems a lot different to "vj" ....but would PoM have let something like "Coulple that with educatoin and empoloyment "
pass, even in chat?

I can certainly see your thinking, and:
"You know
-I post up, and give you shitloads of info
that could if you tried just a
bit (fuck, Plural of
Mongoose alone should do it!) that you could
determine exactly who I am. I did that to make you
feel comfortable"

certainly seems like damning evidence, but without seeing the full context......... dunno.

If we only had Myron's SPITometer.... :emp:
The one I think that speaks to me is that the Silk Road had a ranking system for the vendors, much like the "karma" hack.
Now who do you think that would have been?
Well, given the widespread use of similar stuff for a few years now, I don't think it would be a particularly major task for any competent coder to knock it up.....
Having said that, the only people I know of who have definitely done it themselves are...... well, two people we are acquainted with?...

......possibly even ONE person who is two people we are acquainted with?

:gadday:

Gadabout

Post by Gadabout »

Jesús Malverde wrote: