Closet 250 watt Chronic in Hempy Tub

For the hydro-heads
JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

nobodyknew wrote:When I first started growing - back in the O.G days - I used to trim off the big fan leaves and what I found was that within a week - at most two - the fans left on the bud-sites had more or less taken the place of the ones I cut and you'd be hard pressed to tell they had even been trimmed.....
That's what I noticed as well. The thread I was following at TCC the guy actually continued to trim all the fans off during a lot of the grow. I'm not ready to try that yet but I think I'm happy with the way things are going so far this grow.
hempy.JPG
I fed them the other day and things look good. These are the tallest plants I've had in hempy with the 250 watt light. I think there are 3 things that account for that.
1) Better clones
2) 18/6 veg cycle compared to 24
3) Some silicon

benjammin
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot

Post by benjammin »

we have nicotine receptors in our brains, i guess cigarettes are some sort of gift from god that we're meant to smoke.

your plants look sweet by the way, but i dont really see where you removed leaves.

JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

You should have seen when I cut them, I took about 80% of the fans off. I was surprised how soon they came back.

nobodyknew
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot
Custom Title: Intangibles Inc.
Has bestowed Karma : 8 times
Received Karma : 6 times

Post by nobodyknew »

Yep - one week - maybe two......
I don't cut them anymore mainly cos I can't be bothered and I like to make water hash from the leaves and it's just handier to keep them where they are - on the plant till harvest.......
Saves clogging up my freezer with leaf..... :)
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime,somewhere someone said to themselves
"You know - I really want to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." George Carlin R.I.P

JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

That would because other fans grew to take their places more or less. When I cut I did cut about 80% of the fan leafs at that time though. I left some on the bottom because I figured they wouldn't be blocking any light anyway.

benjammin
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot

Post by benjammin »

i just dont understand this idea of removing leaves because they're blocking the light. that is their evolutionary function. it's like removing solar panels because they're blocking the light. i doublt dont understand removing fan leaves only to have them grow back in. youo removed all that stored energy and highly efficient photsyntheszing surface and then the plant spent all that energy replacing them anyway? but this is still making sense to you?

JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

benjammin wrote:and you are repeating an experiment done by somebody else because it was supposedly successful, but without any benchmark or real verification.
Well the guy's been doing it for years with success and pulls well over 1.0 gpw. The grower he taught it to also got great results. So I'm trying it in baby steps to see what happens. But that's just me, I like to try things for myself instead of just accepting the same bullshit everybody repeats. I'm sure most of it is true, but you know a lot isn't. I mean shit, according to most people my plants should look like shit by now but they are looking pretty good.

JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

I'll have to update the 250 closet grow later, but I just flipped the other closet. 13 days from cloner to flower. Hempy is as quick as any hydro I've used in the past.
DSC00001.JPG

JapanFreak

Post by JapanFreak »

Day 39 flower 250 watts
DSC00001.JPG
The plants are looking fine and are starting to fatten up. I think I could have given them a little more TLC over these past few weeks but I'm kind of sick of gardening at the moment, I think it's this summer heat. This week I have to pick up a room thermometer for the closets. The ones I had broke a few years back and I never bothered to buy new ones. Damned if I knew how hot it gets in there. :p

Should probably raise that light come to think of it. :roflmao:

mindzai
good karma
good karma

Post by mindzai »

why bother getting a thermometer if you can't change the temps?? i remember spending ages planning out an expensive air-cooled hood system for my cab and after plugging it together the only thing it had lowered was my bank balance.
you ain't no pimp, you's a rest haven for clones