rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1064 times

Great Speeches by Native Americans

Post by rSin »

In New England, the name Powhatan (ca. 1547-1618) is still recalled (even if that wasnt his name, but what the English called him). Known as Wahunsonacock by his people, he headed a confederacy of 32 tribes and governed an area of hundreds of miles. He was the father of Pocahontas, the young Indian maiden who saved the life of Capt. John Smith. A year after sparing Smiths life, the white captain threatened the great chief. This is some of his response given in 1609:

Why should you take by force that from us which you can have by love? Why should you destroy us, who have provided you with food? We can hide our provisions, and fly into the woods; and then you must consequently famish by wronging your friends. What is the cause of your jealousy? You see us unarmed, and willing to supply your wants, if you come in a friendly manner, and not with swords and guns, as to invade an enemy. I am not so simple, as not to know it is better to eat good meat, lie well, and sleep quietly with my women and children; to laugh and be merry with the English; and, being their friend, to have copper, hatchets, and whatever else I want, than to fly from all, to lie cold in the woods, feed upon acorns, roots, and such trash, and to be so hunted, that I cannot rest, eat, or sleep. In such circumstances, my men must watch, and if a twig should but break, all would cry out, Here comes Capt. Smith; and in this miserable manner, to end my miserable life; and, Capt. Smith, this might be soon your fate too, through your rashness and unadvisedness. I therefore, exhort you to peaceable councils; and, above all, I insist that the guns and swords, the cause of all our jealousy and uneasiness, be removed and sent away. (Blaisdell, Bob, ed., Great Speeches by Native Americans. Mineola, N.Y.: Dover Press, 2000, p.4.)

http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=22119" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

dill786

Post by dill786 »

awesome speech, really simple and straight to the point, if only politicians these days could be the same

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by rSin »

its really sickining here in america,

all you ever hear about the native inhabitants is "they were savages, and did horrible things to innocent men women and children; both their own and the whites come to their shores...

then the NEXT thing you hear, is that " native american today, have the highest incidence of child molesters alcoholism and drug addictions..."

"not to mention lazyness, as their percentage of unemployed clearly shows"

thats the kind of shit which passes as civil dinner table commentary at thanksgiving...

these people dont even know that MOST adult indians today, were taken from their parents, sent to death camp bording schools, where christians missionarys were free to beat starve and rape them...

it was called "driving the indian out of the indian"

every noticed how many US weapons systems and platforms, are named using indian terms???

apache helicopters
tomahawk missles

the list goes on and on...
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by rSin »

Killing The Indian In The Child
June 29, 2008 8:39 AM RSS feed for this thread Subscribe
Canada has apologised for forcing more than 100,000 aboriginal children to attend state-funded Christian boarding schools aimed at assimilating them. Controversial former Minister Kevin Annett has written two books on the subject of residential school abuse in Canada [Hidden from History: The Canadian Holocaust and Love and Death in the Valley]. Unrepentant - Kevin Annett and Canada's Genocide reveals Canada’s darkest secret - that the Canadian residential school system, the Christian churches along with state authorities implemented a policy of genocide against Canada's native population. Related: Deliver Us From Evil

http://www.metafilter.com/72898/Killing ... -The-Child" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by rSin »

Indian Boarding Schools: Cultural Assimilation and Destruction (Edited)

What happened inside the walls of theIndian Boarding School that used to be to the right here?

video

http://www.culturekitchen.com/winter_ra ... l_assimila" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by rSin »

28 Canada Mass Grave Genocide Sites Identified - Where Is The Media?
http://www.redicecreations.com/article.php?id=3748" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Indian boarding schools: Auschwitz in Canada and US
http://neaseno.org/languageismyworld/?p=180" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Memorial Service for Murdered Residential School Children Evokes Literal Storm, and a Response, at the Vatican - Support for International Inquiry Grows
http://www.hiddenfromhistory.org/Recent ... fault.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mamabudz
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot
Custom Title: The InnKeeper

Post by Mamabudz »

rSin wrote:its really sickining here in america,

all you ever hear about the native inhabitants is "they were savages, and did horrible things to innocent men women and children; both their own and the whites come to their shores...

then the NEXT thing you hear, is that " native american today, have the highest incidence of child molesters alcoholism and drug addictions..."

"not to mention lazyness, as their percentage of unemployed clearly shows"

thats the kind of shit which passes as civil dinner table commentary at thanksgiving...

these people dont even know that MOST adult indians today, were taken from their parents, sent to death camp bording schools, where christians missionarys were free to beat starve and rape them...

it was called "driving the indian out of the indian"

every noticed how many US weapons systems and platforms, are named using indian terms???

apache helicopters
tomahawk missles

the list goes on and on...

Wow ~ you really have a pretty fucked up Thanksgiving table !

Someday soon perhaps you will get out of AssCrack USA and really see the rest of the world -- get some perspective -- apply some of your youthful energy towards something useful and helpfull...

Until then, you will sit there with your thumb in your mouth bleating about the horrors you only just discovered (not realizing they have been around in too many forms to truly believe for 10s of thousands of years) as you waste time waiting for someone to notice that you have discovered the real world --- the someones you are waiting for are actually too busy out here making a difference...

Sorry for you but gotta run ... I have places to go, things to do, my fellow deserving Human inhabitants of this planet to assist and a whole lotta Tikkun Olam...

...here...have a cookie ...might make you feel better :smoke:
...have a cookie ;)
*I Toke & I Vote*

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by rSin »

only just discoverd?!?!?

dont be an ass lady.
ive know this for a decade...

im just reporting what still goes on in what passes for civil society in america,

you and your ilk are the ones coasting on the alms these throwbacks toss at foreign service missionarial bullshit

you live of this kind of shit paying off politicians to keep bombing INDIANS in the middle east and elsewhere... keeping your grift of the hemisphere insolated from just regard

fuck you for pretending you dont

Mamabudz
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot
Custom Title: The InnKeeper

Post by Mamabudz »

garsh ...a whole ...ah 10 years you say???

:facepalm:
...have a cookie ;)
*I Toke & I Vote*

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by rSin »

yes,
several years more than the nazi's tortured jews; about a tenth as long as the jews have tortured palistinians