For the hydro-heads
Mothers Penis
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Has bestowed Karma : 7 times
Received Karma : 47 times

RDWC PPM helps plz

Post by Mothers Penis »

So I moved from ebb&flow Sea Of Green to RDWC lately ... I build myself a 3 20L buckets system , 2 of them being use for 2 plant and one is the "control" bucket with my pump and ph sensor .

The ferts I'm using are Optimum Hydroponix http://www.optimum-hydroponix.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; + Super Vit and Root Complex from Hesi ... I know Lucas Formula with GH seems the way to go , but I would like to finish the ferts I already own before switching to anything else .

My plant are about 3feet tall after 4 weeks of veg but are showing ferts burn at only 900 PPM (Hanna) ... I never had ferts burn before may it be in ProMix or Ebb&flow using the same water and ferts at PPM of 1100 at the same plant age ???

So it seems DWC need less PPM of ferts ? And what level of PPM would you suggest ? And do you think those levels would fit with the ferts I'm using ???
May the Penis be with you .

Sun
Kosmic Karma
Kosmic Karma
Custom Title: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

RDWC PPM helps plz

Post by Sun »

Not sure, but if you ever want my exact formula I'll give it to you...it's way better then the Lucas formula

Getting out of the shower to take a shit is like getting out of your car to order at the drive-thru.

Mothers Penis
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

RDWC PPM helps plz

Post by Mothers Penis »

I would love that ! I'm a noob to RDWC and I know you became a expert to it , also I have no doubt that a Juice/Guano/Sun/Dirt/etc formula could be better then a Lucas formula .

Thx a bunch for your help .

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

RDWC PPM helps plz

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

Mothers Penis wrote:So I moved from ebb&flow Sea Of Green to RDWC lately ... I build myself a 3 20L buckets system , 2 of them being use for 2 plant and one is the "control" bucket with my pump and ph sensor .

The ferts I'm using are Optimum Hydroponix http://www.optimum-hydroponix.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; + Super Vit and Root Complex from Hesi ... I know Lucas Formula with GH seems the way to go , but I would like to finish the ferts I already own before switching to anything else .

My plant are about 3feet tall after 4 weeks of veg but are showing ferts burn at only 900 PPM (Hanna) ... I never had ferts burn before may it be in ProMix or Ebb&flow using the same water and ferts at PPM of 1100 at the same plant age ???

So it seems DWC need less PPM of ferts ? And what level of PPM would you suggest ? And do you think those levels would fit with the ferts I'm using ???
You've got me a little confused here, Mother.

Promix and Ebb&Flo in the same sentence? Whatever, 1100PPM does seem a bit high for that stage of growth, imo.

In my opinion, the amount of PPM's in a E&F and DWC should be roughly the same. As you know, all plants are different, though. I don't know anything about the ferts you are currently using, sorry. I can't find any product details on Optimum Hydroponix® :dunno:

A general rule of thumb is (taken from another site as I couldn't find it here :dunno: :oops:).

PPM Feeding schedule and PPM chart with conversion calculations:

Seedlings, Early Sprouts from 0 to 250

Early Vegging 300 to 400

Full Vegetation 450 to 700

Early Blooming 750 to 950

Full Mature Blooms 1000 to 1600
PPM-EC-C.jpg
Then here's some other feeding schedules I just found that might be helpful, if not to you but maybe others...

I found them at...

http://www.gthydro.com/nutrientfeedings ... harts.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TechnafloraSchedule.jpg
http://www.gthydro.com/images/feedingch ... nglish.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GH_catalogPPMFeed 01.jpg
GH_catalogPPMFeed 02.jpg
http://www.gthydro.com/images/feedingch ... alog04.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AtamiBcuzzNutrientShchedule.jpg
http://www.gthydro.com/images/feedingch ... hedule.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I can't find that pretty colored PPM feeding chart....the one that was on PG and showed the range of PPM's that the plant uptakes the particular nutrients at.

I hope this helps and I wish you all things green :toker1:

Take care, Mother!,
WHAB

Mothers Penis
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

RDWC PPM helps plz

Post by Mothers Penis »

Thx a lot Whab , this info does help .

P.S.: My mother plants for clones was in ProMix but I use to grow the clones in Ebb&Flow once rooted .

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

RDWC PPM helps plz

Mothers Penis wrote:Thx a lot Whab , this info does help .

P.S.: My mother plants for clones was in ProMix but I use to grow the clones in Ebb&Flow once rooted .
You're welcome, Mother.

Ok, now I understand.

I also found the pH nutrient uptake chart I was looking for and another one too.
pHNutrientUptakeChart 01.jpg
pHNutrientUptakeChart 02.jpg
I'll see if we can put this in one easily locatable place for future reference.

Keep it Green, Mother!

Take care,
WHAB

Mothers Penis
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

RDWC PPM helps plz

Post by Mothers Penis »

Keep it Green, Mother!
I'm trying , I did a water only (ph adjusted) wash 2 days ago and yesterday I cut back the PPM to 550 before starting this thread ... they kind of look better , only time will tell eh...

BTW , anyone knows about a small affordable water chiller ? The smallest one I seen at the grow shop was like 450$ !! I only use 30 Liters of water in my small set-up so I dont need some big fancy chiller ... My water temps rise to 75 F , so I use frozen bottle of water but then temps drops to 60-62 F , and from what I read 68F is the perfect temp ... I do check my roots and there is no sign of pythium yet (knock on wood) .

I guess it wasn't really wise of me to start a RDWC in the middle of summer ... but cold weather is coming my way fast ...

You take care also Whab and thx again.

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

RDWC PPM helps plz

Mothers Penis wrote:
Keep it Green, Mother!
I'm trying , I did a water only (ph adjusted) wash 2 days ago and yesterday I cut back the PPM to 550 before starting this thread ... they kind of look better , only time will tell eh...

BTW , anyone knows about a small affordable water chiller ? The smallest one I seen at the grow shop was like 450$ !! I only use 30 Liters of water in my small set-up so I dont need some big fancy chiller ... My water temps rise to 75 F , so I use frozen bottle of water but then temps drops to 60-62 F , and from what I read 68F is the perfect temp ... I do check my roots and there is no sign of pythium yet (knock on wood) .

I guess it wasn't really wise of me to start a RDWC in the middle of summer ... but cold weather is coming my way fast ...

You take care also Whab and thx again.
Indeed, time will tell.
Mothers Penis wrote:BTW , anyone knows about a small affordable water chiller ?
No, I'm not aware of any affordable chillers manufactured for such duty.

I am, however, aware of a cool DIY that's just the ticket. Get, find, buy, beg, borrow, steal (joking on the stealing bit :winky:) a water cooler....the vertical kind you find in offices that you load the bottle on top of. Make sure it is the cooling type and not just a room-temperature water dispenser--normally the ones that heat water also cool it too. Then you take the cooling mechanism out of it and use that in your system...directly in your reservior. I've seen them for as little as $30usd on craigslist....sometimes free IF you have time and keep an eye out for them long enough.

In the interim you definitely need to keep the reservoir temps below 70F (actually, in the plant buckets themselves). By what ever method....even blowing on it :winky: A fan can often help in this effort--blowing directly into the reservoir....IF you only need to adjust a few degrees.

You can also accomplish cooling your reservoir by cooling the room/space it is in. Typically by way of an air-conditioner....even a small one and put it in its own space with the reservoir...and recirculate it often...or according to what your temperature gauge/sensors tell you.

In your current situations and temps of 75F (besides your method of using iced bottles to cool it) I would recommend Hydrozyme or a similar product. It can be an ass-saver. Also, once I got my own pythium problem under control (that killed one of four plants in the system) I routinely used 1teaspoon per gallon of H2O2 with every reservoir change.

Winter is, indeed, coming, but let's try and get you through to a successful harvest now :winky:

Thanks....you're welcome, Mother and it is my pleasure, sincerely. I'm glad to help where and IF I can!

Again, Keep it Green.....you try and I'll help (IF I can) :winky:

[Wow, my browser just crashed again, but it didn't lose the text (my response) this time...wow!]

Take care, Mother,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

RDWC PPM helps plz

Hah!, look what was in the "Random Images" above the scroll on the main page?
PPMChartHydroOnly.jpg
Man, I looked all over this place and the web for that damn thing :pullhair: :roflmao:

Take care all!,
WHAB

Mothers Penis
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

RDWC PPM helps plz

Post by Mothers Penis »

I am, however, aware of a cool DIY that's just the ticket. Get, find, buy, beg, borrow, steal (joking on the stealing bit :winky:) a water cooler....the vertical kind you find in offices that you load the bottle on top of. Make sure it is the cooling type and not just a room-temperature water dispenser--normally the ones that heat water also cool it too. Then you take the cooling mechanism out of it and use that in your system...directly in your reservior. I've seen them for as little as $30usd on craigslist....sometimes free IF you have time and keep an eye out for them long enough.
This is brilliant ! The kind of answer I was hoping for : a do it yourself affordable yet efficient solution for a water chiller !! That is right up my lane , I always build myself the most that I can for my grow rooms , build my own Ebb&Flow table and RDWC system , also a carbon scrubber (that I need to work on , it did cut about 50% of the smell tho) ...

I got a buddy that is a genius in electronics and electricity , he did my humidistat , tempstat and my grow room electrical board where I can plug up to 6000 watts (half on 110 volts and half on 220 volts) that is controlled by a 3.50$ timer ... And he charges me a 3rd at most of what it would cost at the grow shop .

I've always said grow shops where good for ferts and lights , but great for ideas on how to copy there systems with a DIY plan at a fraction of there cost .

So thx a million time for that tip , I've been roaming and lurking the net for a few months now in search of that kind of answer .

Not only you take care Whab , but stay safe , free and healthy and may your familly be bless for 7 generations with love , health , happiness and prosperity .