The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 184 times
Received Karma : 338 times

Hi, I'm smokebreaks

Post by smokebreaks »

What a hoot, never in a million years did I think I'd be sitting here writing this post but here I am, and there you are so let's fire up a bowl and get on with it 'eh?

Quite a few years back now I got sick of blowing hard earned cash on pot so I decided to save a litte green and grow some. I was so tired of playing the game, always waiting on someone else, never knowing what you're getting or when. I was so sick of the routine just as I'm sure you were that one day I decided I was gonna be a ganja farmer. First I went to my local kmart's garden shop and bought a bag or two of some miracle grow potting soil. Then I went over to a local pet store and bought some daylight spectrum iguana light bulbs, popped some seeds in the dirt and waited. I figured it's a weed right, how hard could it be to grow? After a couple of days had passed and they popped their little heads out of the dirt and through the grace of a holy something I was on my way to cultivating.. I was so excited tending to my girls so dutifully that I think I nearly killed them 50 times over.

One day when the seedlings were looking a little piqued I did a search on High Times, and I came across some grow journals by a Max Yield. Somewhere in there I found a link to site Cannabis Culture. While I was perusing that site, I happened to come across a link to the Overgrow GrowFaq and the Sick Plants and Pests tutorials on Overgrow. I was so enthralled by the vast resources I stumbled upon, after lurking around awhile I had to make an account. I was so eager to talk with fellow growers about my experiment, as we all know we can't tell anyone outside of our community, so I put my fears aside I posted my story..After about a minute or so, I got a response about the daylight spectrum bulbs.

The message was from a Captain Sneakatoke, saying something that I was putting poison in the baby food, and that I should switch to compact fluoros for far better results. A couple minutes after that I got pointed to this section called "micro grows" These dudes were growing in rubbermaid tubs with 27 watt CFL's? Man, I had no idea, and we never talked about the mercury in CFL's being comparable to low wattage mH on alt.drugs.pot.cultivation at least not while I was still reading that ssenet group and I've been online since long before Al Gore dreamed up the internet. ;)

With the help of some really nice folks in TF1, I managed to get a pretty decent yield off my bagseed grow way back then, and started another.. As I watched the results get better as I followed stellar advise, and worked my way up to 360 watts of T-8's I noticed that the people who added an HPS to their flower area got increased yields and their buds had much better bag appeal than the stuff I was getting, so I got a 400W and started running a veg and flower setup...I went to Home Depot, bought a Mills Pride C-22 and don't laugh now, I've still never opened the box. ;)

I built a monster closet instead. :)

To pass the time between harvests, I spent a lot of time chatting and reading, and posting on pretty much all the forums I could find. From OG and CC, to Hightimes, and even ICMAG.. none were as good as Overgrow so that's where I stayed, wasting countless hours waiting for the server to load, taking far too many hits between postings while arguing political thoughts with fellow stoners in the Political Debate and War forums, and chatting up about senseless shit in The Smoker's Lounge. But then something weird happened and a mass exodus of the people I was conversing with on a pretty much daily basis got stripped away on by one... Where did they go? Planetganja.com, as I was told by Den Activist was the new spot all the cool kids were hanging out..

BOSTONBUD
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Received Karma : 1 time

Hi, I'm smokebreaks

Post by BOSTONBUD »

hi smoke breaks ,,great to meet you hehehe. i wish you all the best here and lots of good luck but i'm sure ya wont need that.
Seek not to be better than someone else, seek only to be better than thy former self.

nobodyknew
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot
Custom Title: Intangibles Inc.
Has bestowed Karma : 8 times
Received Karma : 6 times

Hi, I'm smokebreaks

Post by nobodyknew »

Ahhhh - alt.drugs.pot.cultivation - I lurked there the whole time but was far too paranoid to post - especially with that idiot I can't remember who kept posting that foolgirl was a narc - that didn't help me overcome the noids...... :lol:
That takes me back......... :D
All the best with MPG smokes
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime,somewhere someone said to themselves
"You know - I really want to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." George Carlin R.I.P

Mustufah Turkei

Hi, I'm smokebreaks

Post by Mustufah Turkei »

What a long, strange trip it's been, eh Smokes? ;)

Now I ride!!

MT

koda
good karma
good karma

Hi, I'm smokebreaks

Post by koda »

Hey, Smokes :D >smooch< ;)
"Share the Wealth, NOT the Stealth"
=======================================
>Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own,
you may both be wrong<... Dandemis
==================================================

Hacks
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo

Hi, I'm smokebreaks

Post by Hacks »

The name sounds familiar, still trying to place it though.
The next Freddie Flintoff.

Jolly Roger
good karma
good karma

Hi, I'm smokebreaks

Post by Jolly Roger »

Nice place you got here, did I see something about "politics"? :lol:
Thank God for Beer, Football, and Women :pirate:

wpw

Hi, I'm smokebreaks

Post by wpw »

Thanks smokes!

Peace...wpw

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

Hi, I'm smokebreaks

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

Cool story, smokes. You're tale is about getting larger and mine is getting smaller (soon to be, it seems-I hope) (grow size, that is...of course ;) ).

And, I too add a thank you to the mix, smokes. Best of everything!!!

Good to see you all, too!

Take care, everyone,
WHAB

BudBuddha
good karma
good karma
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT

Hi, I'm smokebreaks

Post by BudBuddha »

Thanks for getting this place up and running, Smokes.

Ah yes...the days of the old OverGrow TF 1. Them was something else, eh? I am still running those 2 hidden cabs - 8 moms in 1 and about 20 small plants in the other.
Fart Proudly