Mrs Fly's Garden of Mixed Delights

Growing in electric sunshine
Lucian
needs karma
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Received Karma : 1 time

Post by Lucian »

Good G*ds! What the Frack happened? Oh well, no matter. Good to see alot of you nuggets survived the jump hehe. Nice pics as usual, Mrs. Fly *nods* You actually have me thinking about upgrading my white cardboard box to a growing tardis. I just started flowering an unknown local clone and some femmed silver lemon haze. I am still mostly a lurker but maybe I should wriggle out of the paranoia that has gripped me since the Stairway went down. We will see ... hehe
Last edited by Lucian on Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bob Loblaw
some karma
some karma
Received Karma : 1 time

Post by Bob Loblaw »

You had to go and hold up that burger, eh? Damn

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Post by MadMoonMan »

I take my Lanolin over any bud I ever smoked exceptions of course to follow:

1. thai stick

2. panama red bud

3. Skunk when it first came out.

which one would you rate best?

they all wondrous in each way.

best smoke ever was blockhead

thats what happens when you take years to mix them all together

and smoke that baby

hang on I need to roll a bowl
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

gymshoes
good karma
good karma
Custom Title: Fringe dweller

Post by gymshoes »

Mrs Fly wrote:
PharmaGirl wrote:I've been seriously thinking of getting one. :)
Me too.

Well, I've got 2 different brands of tent, one brand, the Budbox, I really can't fault it, but the other, a Homebox isn't quite as good, I'm finding for some reason the white inner-lining on this tent has started to peel off (not something I'm seeing happen at all with my Budbox) and whoever designed the Homebox felt it was a good idea to make one vent hole 200mm and the other only 100mm so you can imagine the silly reducer piece and extra venting I had to buy: plus that's gonna constrict my airflow somewhat.
Thanks for the tip.
I am scratching the Homebox off my list.
I was wondering about that white lining...
This country was better off when the Indians were runnin' it...

DUD
some karma
some karma

Post by DUD »

Hey Fly!!

Looks good :tup:

DUD :grin:

Mrs Fly
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo
Custom Title: The miowing spider
Received Karma : 4 times

Post by Mrs Fly »

I haven't been here in ages how the fuck do I start this????

*scrolls up reads, decides a joint is in order....this is gonna take me a while! :mrgreen:

Glad to see everyone liked my burger (it's rubber you know!) hahaha...

Ah, it's good to see you lot, heya Haxy-pants, Senn(tree) (lol) how are you cuddlebums doing??

Lucian: ALWAYS a pleasure! Are you still using that same cardboard box setup I remember from waaay back? As I recall that produced some wicked AK99 buds (lol, one of the reasons I've still got the AK99 in my garden now) my friend, you could probably grow weed in a top-hat (don't ask, I'm real high) I hear you on the paranoia-thing, I've really lost the habit of 'foruming' since the passing of the 'old' Pg, not used to it so much now.....anyway, yeah, TARDIS= Tent Always Readily Dispensing Indicas Sativas :razz:

Ah McLovin' damn man seeing you here makes me miss the old tank......good to see you, heh.....can't beat a good sloppy burger with a bit of extra relish! Nummy!

Moonman hello! Err, never really had Thai, apart from something which had the smell of guinea-pig food I got in amsterdam which was shit...also never had Panama red (I'm kinda mostly an indie-grower/smoker) So I can't really say, I do grow a skunk, and she's lovely but I will have to try grow some sativas someday, heh...

Heya gymshoes, good luck with whatever you choose, the Homebox isn't a good investment imho, the frame is also very flimsy with the corner connector plastic being so brittle is snaps when you try assemble the thing, you need a lot of duct tape to secure them!

Hey DUD!! Not seen you for ages, how are you?? It was an awesome grow I pulled 18oz in total....I'll get to that bit in another post cos I have a lot of crap to say...glad to see you made it in from the fog.

Okay, I'm going to post this, I tried to put a bunch of pics on here but I'm not that familiar with the gallery here so this may not work, if it does, these are just some nice pics from the June harvest, I lost all my pics when my computer died so this is all I have, I should take more but I'm currently faced with shutting-down which is shit, will explain more in a bit let me see if this works......

K
-x-
Attachments
sensi52.jpg
pot.jpg
pot.jpg (160.98 KiB) Viewed 3027 times
limess.jpg
limess.jpg (101.08 KiB) Viewed 3027 times
g13week7.jpg
anak99.jpg
anak99.jpg (111.19 KiB) Viewed 3027 times
"But let me have silence always, in the centre of the shouting- That is essential! Let me have silence so that no pin may drop And not be heard, and not a whisper escape us for all our spouting, Nor the needle's scratching upon this gramophone of a circular cosmic spot. Hear me! Mark me! Learn me! Throw the mind's ear open- Shut up the mind's eye-all will be music!"

Mrs Fly
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo

Post by Mrs Fly »

Cool, that worked, I detect pictureness......

Okay, I think last time I posted here I was doing my first coco grow yes? Well, I've done another 2 grows since I last posted and I found coco DOES give more yield per plant, under the same wattage, in a smaller pot, so for improving yield (and also costing less than it was to buy Biobizz soil and nutes) but, I feel that the flavour of coco isn't quite as sweet, or intense as organic weed, the tastes a bit milder too, but the high doesn't seem to be effected, so I'm going to stick with it for now.

But, I don't think it suites all plants, the skunk didn't really seem to respond that well to it, the yields in coco are actually less than what I was getting in soil, so I'll probably continue to grow that plant in soil and stick with coco for the rest.

Also you've got to be VERY careful not to overwater or you get mold in the buds, I lost 30% of my last harvest to rot....I do like to learn things the hard way!!

I no longer grow the Sensi Star, the yields were getting lower with every successive generation of clones, and the smoke wasn't really what I was looking for, so, I've been testing out some of my own crosses, I grew a SSHxEclipse (that's basically Bubblegum) it was actually a very beautiful plant, average-ish yield (35g) not a keeper but nothing wrong either (I'll post some pics of her on this post I think this thingy gives you the filename so it should be labeled I hope)

I'm currently growing a romp19xEclipse cross which is absolutely gorgeous but I may have to kill her off before I can flower her because of the fact I may have to shut down- got a fecking building inspection coming and I think they want to come and look at all the rooms so obviously I have to get rid of my grow and dismantle the equipment, NOT happy about it but better to kill all my plants and start off from my clones again than nothing.....

I'm also growing a feminized Mandala #1 that was gifted to me and I'm not at all happy that I will have to kill her off before I ever get to flower her....have taken clones but it's never the same growing a clone as it is from seed. :( Oh well.............

So, I don't really have pics of things now, I could go get some pics of the little clones and my heartbreakingly beautiful girls in veg if you want........

I'm going to finish on a happier note and post some pics of some of the big harvest I grew!!

Take care everyone may your plants grow living hungry avenging triffids!!
Attachments
What happens when I write in here?? lol...BOOBS...heh...
What happens when I write in here?? lol...BOOBS...heh...
sshxeclipsecola.jpg
sshxeclipsecola.jpg (99.83 KiB) Viewed 3026 times
sshxeclipse.jpg
sshxeclipse.jpg (120.78 KiB) Viewed 3026 times
skunkiepants.jpg
skunkiepants.jpg (115.47 KiB) Viewed 3026 times
sensiagain.jpg
"But let me have silence always, in the centre of the shouting- That is essential! Let me have silence so that no pin may drop And not be heard, and not a whisper escape us for all our spouting, Nor the needle's scratching upon this gramophone of a circular cosmic spot. Hear me! Mark me! Learn me! Throw the mind's ear open- Shut up the mind's eye-all will be music!"

Hax
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: TrollMod™

Post by Hax »

:drool:

I'm not sure anyone actually grows nicer looking buds than you do.
Click here for free iPod! > http://myplanetganja.com/ucp.php?i=unsubcribe&mode=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DUD
some karma
some karma

Post by DUD »

skunkypants? :roflmao:

Mrs Fly
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo

Post by Mrs Fly »

Haha! Well that's a bit of a bastard, I can only upload 5 pics!! Oh well, I guess I can post again... :p

I've had a LOT of things going-on which is why you've not seen me around for ages....my computer completely died on me, I basically had to tear down the grow, and we've been about as close to bankrupt as I ever want to come, so really forums and all that have been waaaaay in the back of my mind....

Anyway, grow-wise things have changed, I only have the 1 grow tent now, and I'm hoping to keep it that way! Growing in coco seems to help, in that my yields have gone up enough to be able to cover for the missing tent to some degree, and I'm saving a lot of money by having less lights running (and fans now running 12/12 instead of 18/6)

I still think weed grown in organic soil tastes that bit better, it's more intense, but I'm hardly knocking coco here; the yields are better, and the high isn't any weaker than grown in soil, it's just the taste really!

This current grow is at 37 days of 12/12 so I will be getting something to smoke soon (thank feck I've been out of weed for a looong time and it's really boring.....and at this rate I'm going to drink myself to death)

Bah! I dunno what else to say, I've noticed I seem to need to keep the pH lower with coco, for the moment I've used some of that lovely pH down stuff to adjust the pH to 5.4 (it was sat at 5.9, with runoff at 6.2 but I've been having some manganese lockout on the AK99 so it needed to drop a bit. Was also seeing some signs of phosphorous lockout on the lower leaves of the other plants and adjusting the pH down seems to have stopped this, although the damages leaves aren't going to recover, so you'll notice the weird light-yellow aura to the AK99 leaves which was the beginnings of manganese deficiency....it hasn't gotten worse since I treated it about 10 days ago)

Oh DUD! Err, skunkypants....don't ask, it's just my inner-derangedness shining thru as usual!!

:wave: @ hax.....heh, I can't stand looking at those bud pics right now it makes me drool and cry just a bit.....and to think at the start of this I thought taking 8 weeks off would be a good thing!!!! Absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that.......

K
-x-
Attachments
This is one of many heads on the G13....3 weeks to go.....
This is one of many heads on the G13....3 weeks to go.....
021.JPG (69.27 KiB) Viewed 5150 times
The skunk #1
The skunk #1
020.JPG (111.83 KiB) Viewed 5150 times
The AK99...
The AK99...
3 heads of the SSHxBB in the foreground.....another G13 head in the background
3 heads of the SSHxBB in the foreground.....another G13 head in the background
4 plants in flower....there were 6 but 2 of them (from seed) went completely effing hermie on me....fecking fem seeds.....argh!
4 plants in flower....there were 6 but 2 of them (from seed) went completely effing hermie on me....fecking fem seeds.....argh!