RICO laws

After enjoying the fruits of your labors, we all need a place to chill. This is that place. Totally senseless irrelevant banter encouraged.
weedy
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot
Custom Title: SYLB

RICO laws

Post by weedy »

i am about to join a Motorcycle Club and was wondering about rico laws!!! i was in a meeting last night and they brought up the fact that if i am in a club and i am doing anything illegal then they can in-act RICO laws!! i know it has something to do with organized crime. this has been brought to my attention before but now that i am really about to join i wanna know where i stand!!!

any info will be helpful!!
DONT HIDE, IT DIVIDE IT

It Is A RED and GOLD world

RIP HELLBOY 3-28-10 GBNF

Flood
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT

RICO laws

Post by Flood »

I would think that if whatever illegal acts you're committing are of a personal nature it would be hard to bring in the club or apply RICO statutes.

Of course I'm not a lawyer, and we do live in a topsy-turvy world so.... who knows.

weedy
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot
Custom Title: SYLB

RICO laws

Post by weedy »

i am just referring to the growing right now!!!
DONT HIDE, IT DIVIDE IT

It Is A RED and GOLD world

RIP HELLBOY 3-28-10 GBNF

ben ttech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: godisnotwhite.com
Has bestowed Karma : 416 times
Received Karma : 266 times

RICO laws

Post by ben ttech »

rico is a type of civil or criminal proceedure against a person for which they actually lack physical evidence needed to get a court from throwing their case out on its ear the first day. to accomplish the conviction of the individual they want, they charge multiple individuals along with the one they target with "planning" something criminal, thus allowed the court to recieved hearsay and conjecture as evidence; items which would be excluded from court, if the prosecution HAD ANY EVIDENCE OF AN ACTUAL CRIME.

thus they target organization, in hope of convicting individuals they have nothing of substance on.

rico is the prosecution of though, allowed when the rules of law are bent to allow allegation to stand in place of fact.

their basically saying "were all under the microscope here"

you should get someone to ask the question " hey, all i do is grow pot, will this be a problem?!?!?"

:D
"disaster is the mother of necessity" rSin

LabRat

RICO laws

Post by LabRat »

Weedy--I don't know anything about it personally and I'm not a lawyer. This is just a couple links I had read about it:

"The RICO Act, short for Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act, was enacted by the Organized Crime Control Act of 1970. Its main purpose is to give extended penalties in the prosecution of organized criminal acts, and was targeted at the mob although it has since then been used in cases including police departments and gang activity. To be found guilty of racketeering under the RICO act, a person must have committed two of 35 crimes-27 federal crimes and 8 state crimes-within a 10-year period. Prosecution under the RICO act also allows for a civil suit component, with damage penalties tripled if found guilty. If found guilty, the defendent must also forfeit all gains made from the illicit activities.

Please see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racketeer_ ... ations_Act
for more information."

http://www.ricoact.com/
http://www.ricoact.com/ricoact/nutshell.asp
http://www.ricoact.com/ricoact/faq.asp

They have used RICO against corrupted police departments through the Catholic Church. There is also a strong "forfeiture law" part of RICO so they can steal everything in your life and leave you with nothing. Scary shit.

cheddar

RICO laws

Post by cheddar »

RICO laws apply to any organization that someone has committed crimes in the name of. If they've done ANYTHING to gain money from drug running, racketeering, or absolutely ANYTHING else; as long as it is an organized group of people with a clear chain of command, RICO, man. RICO.
Are you a prospect or actually getting patched? If you're a prospect, just get out and move wherever the fuck you can that they won't find you. Biker gangs are evil, and I'm a moral relativist.

nobodyknew
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot
Custom Title: Intangibles Inc.
Has bestowed Karma : 8 times
Received Karma : 6 times

RICO laws

Post by nobodyknew »

Those RICO laws are all fucked up for sure
They can and will take everything
Howard Marks could probably explain the ramifications
What do you need a club for anyway - keep the wind in your face - all you need...
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime,somewhere someone said to themselves
"You know - I really want to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." George Carlin R.I.P