Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo

Speaking of RC and OG

Post by Antique Hippie »

http://www.thecannacabana.com/forums/sh ... 405&page=2

Dman

Lightbulb Heaven's Stairway!
Heya folks!

Over 3 years now (Feb/06) and RC is still dukin' it out with the Canadian Fed's over a legit (read: paid taxes) biz operation.

He took advantage of the quasi-legal cannabis seed market based out of Canada, and now is in the fight of his life over it. Yet, in the here and now (2009) that exact same, quasi-legal biz he was doing...is now thriving in Canada!
Fukin' waste of everyones time, and especially...money!

Best of luck RC...know that some of us are still pullin' for ya my old friend!

------------------------------------------

http://www.cjad.com/news/565/925955

Hardened Internet marijuana dealer or enterprising entrepreneur?

Fri, 2009-05-08 16:54.
Shuyee Lee
The RCMP arrested him for exporting and importing marijuana seeds on the Web.

The Montreal man pleaded guilty.

But during his sentencing hearing, he insists it was all above board.

The RCMP says Montreal-based Heaven's Stairway got 30 orders a day, at 100 dollars per order, buying and selling seeds all over the world. It shut down the operations in 2006, seizing more than 200-thousand seeds, enough to suppy 500 greenhouses with 400 plants.

41-year-old Richard Hratch Bagdadlian had pleaded guilty to importing, exporting and possession of marijuana.

But Bagdadlian testified at his sentencing hearing he believes it was all legit: that he registered the company, hired as many as four workers, shipped his goods in a transparent fashion, filed tax returns, declaring gross revenues as much as 800-thousand dollars in one year alone, with about 150-thousand take home.

Bagdadlian used to fix cars but became disenchanted with the business. He says he got more interested in computers just on the cusp of the Internet craze, a friend suggesting the marijuana seed project.

The sentencing hearing resumes next week.

Antique Hippie
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo

Speaking of RC and OG

Post by Antique Hippie »

Munchy wrote:oh you had already posted this on another thread... gee... thanks for the mention/link on your original thread...
before i had to go find it for myself :roll:
Sorry Munchy.:oops:

edge
Stackin' Karma Yo
Stackin' Karma Yo
Custom Title: stoogebuster
Received Karma : 1 time

Speaking of RC and OG

Post by edge »

What really sucks is that there was a lot of hard feelings toward RC that Schadenfreude creeps in and we lose sight of the overarching battle in re LEO and the community. Same could be said of many of the high profile cases, e.g. Marc, etc...

Gruendaum
some karma
some karma

Speaking of RC and OG

Post by Gruendaum »

edge wrote:What really sucks is that there was a lot of hard feelings toward RC that Schadenfreude creeps in and we lose sight of the overarching battle in re LEO and the community. Same could be said of many of the high profile cases, e.g. Marc, etc...
Much has changed in the online canna community but it seems that edge still has his head screwed on straight.

Hi Edge, AH.

Gruendaum
some karma
some karma

Speaking of RC and OG

Post by Gruendaum »

booboy wrote:alot of those hard feelings came from the lack of information that was uttered or not uttered while OG was spinning out of control...the man provided us with a home and we were a part of it...nothing but good wishes for RC from this camp
Hey there, booboy... good to see you alive and kickin'!

I'm pretty torn here - my hard feelings go back to when RC snatched the server from Vancouver from ~S~, transferred it to Montreal and locked Shabang out. I have a feeling that Overgrow and CW would still be up and running if the server had stayed with shabang.

Oh well... in a sense it may have helped the movement, as OG/CW going down has spawned tons and tons of other cannabis sites. I'm just frustrated that all the work that I personally put in to give advice and share knowledge was lost... and that many contacts were lost... and that such a large knowledge base was lost.

What I am most angry about, however, is that governments are still wasting so much money and time persecuting cannabis-related "offenses" while we all/the world have far more pressing, existential problems that we need to be dealing with.

I recently read a study that came to the conclusion that in excess of 50% of prescription drugs would become unnecessary if cannabis were legal... I guess this pretty much makes it unequivocally clear which deep-pocketed corporations will do anything in their power to prevent the world's best medicine from becoming legal and who is ultimately responsible for the crimes being perpetrated against lovers of the good herb. And it also demonstrates at whom we should ultimately be angry.

mindzai
good karma
good karma

Speaking of RC and OG

Post by mindzai »

good to see you back around, grun :tup:
you ain't no pimp, you's a rest haven for clones

ben ttech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: godisnotwhite.com
Has bestowed Karma : 389 times
Received Karma : 240 times

Speaking of RC and OG

Post by ben ttech »

Gruendaum wrote: I recently read a study that came to the conclusion that in excess of 50% of prescription drugs would become unnecessary if cannabis were legal...

the same interest who have just told american their not allowed to extend health care to all their citizens via informing our represenatives whats not going anywhere...

they aint letting this plant out of the box ever...
"disaster is the mother of necessity" rSin

Hax
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: TrollMod™

Speaking of RC and OG

Post by Hax »

Gruendaum wrote: I'm pretty torn here - my hard feelings go back to when RC snatched the server from Vancouver from ~S~, transferred it to Montreal and locked Shabang out. I have a feeling that Overgrow and CW would still be up and running if the server had stayed with shabang.
Knowing what I do now, I doubt either site would have survived long under ~S's continued control as he could neither delegate sufficient control to make his flakiness survivable longer term nor step out from behind the curtain which he would have inevitably had to in order to continue in charge and pay the bills. Which is why in the end ~S had no response to RC's grab, his only option was to retire the persona and let it go. Once RC grasped this, the sites were his for the taking.
Click here for free iPod! > http://myplanetganja.com/ucp.php?i=unsubcribe&mode=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PGs GossipGrrl™
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

Speaking of RC and OG

Post by PGs GossipGrrl™ »

The vast majority of people in the 'seedy business' are just that, RC & Gypmenot are the bottom of the barrel of the worst. Just common thugs, reprehensible characters. Dman and the rest of you (cept maybe AH) are a bunch of rose colored glasses, blinders on, dumbarses who want to believe in fairy tale goodness. jack herer, the infamous polyhybrid of dutch genetics? Well there you go, another poser, emperor's clothes indeed.
After a while, people are just going to ignore it, like I did, like I do most TV commercials.

Sportster
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT

Speaking of RC and OG

Post by Sportster »

And guess what GS, yer still a fukin' douch bag!!! :timeout:

so yeah there ya go, dumbass!!! :tup:
FASTER THAN A SPEEDING TICKET....