UKRAINE & EU v RUSSIA part 2

Unmoderated except for TOU and security breaches.
Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 423 times
Received Karma : 521 times

Post by Prawn Connery »

roller24 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:13 pm
https://rumble.com/v3xh1kp-unfortunatel ... s-gas.html

good video explains the gas off the Gasa shoreline.
The problem I have with all this "They're only after oil!" crap is that, what was stopping them before all this from "taking Gaza's gas"?

It's getting pretty lame. And it never adds up.

"Oh, the US is only in Syria to steal its oil. Oh, Israel is only in Gaza to steal its gas."

So tell me, fucking geniuses, how much does it cost to keep US troops in Syria just to pull a few barrels of oil? $1.2 trillion so far. That's 15 billion barrels of oil at the current price of around $80 a barrel.

Does anyone here seriously think the US has pulled 15 billion barrels of oil out of Syria?

But wait! Syria only has oil reserves of 2.5 billion barrels! So why the fuck would you pay 6x the price of a barrel of oil compared to the open market? (Despite the obvious fact it would take decades to extract even that amount, so the true cost would be much, much higher.)

How much gas do you think Israel will get out of this, roller? And how much do you think invading Gaza is costing the Israeli Government? Cheap gas you reckon?

Do the maths.
Licensed to Krill

roller24
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 332 times
Received Karma : 494 times

Post by roller24 »

roller24
Karma God
Karma God

Post by roller24 »

Oil is so 20th century. The transition fuel is LNG as it's clean burning characteristics appeases the climate change congregation.
I never talk about Syria in depth, but I thought we were there to eliminate ISIS, not usurp oil.
In the original Saudi deal way back, the US was told that in exchange for military security over Saudi oil fields, the US could usurp the other arab countries with the Saudi's approval, and gave sweet deals to the American Oil barons.
In 1973, however, because of the war between Israel and the Arab states, the Saudis began to take over Aramco. They insisted on taking a 25 percent interest in it, paid for in oil—they didn’t try to nationalize without compensation. By 1980 they owned 100 percent of Aramco. But they treated their American partners well. They gave the U.S. partners—Chevron, Mobil Exxon, and Texaco—priority in selling them oil, and they offered special discount rates, to please both Washington and the companies. So the relationship between Saudi Arabia and the oil companies continued to be strong and close.
Most actions by the US in the Mideast revolved around Oil and the Petro Dollar. I don't think that can be disputed. The Oil companies, and the MIC both profited immensely.
Now that oil is the demon of all fuels, LNG is the resource extraction of choice. The war in Ukraine is centered around gas extraction. The IMF demanded Ukraine secure it's loans with access to it's gas, and Russia offered a cheap alternative. Had Ukraine taken that deal, the IMF would have taken on huge risk of the loans defaulting further. That's why Biden spoke about energy security on his visit there, that's why his son sat on a LNG company's board, along with Cofer Black from the CIA. The US intervened to secure the IMF debt under the guise of spreading democracy, the same old tired justification for other intrusions.
I've not done too much reading on the Gaza gas. the video linked to an article, but hit a paywall.
Here's a decent article,
https://iacenter.org/2023/11/15/behind- ... -reserves/
It says there is a trillion cu ft of gas there. That sounds like alot.

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »

You left out the best bit. He knocked that guy the fuck out out.

Licensed to Krill

Maribou Stork
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: Nightmares
Has bestowed Karma : 21 times
Received Karma : 34 times

Post by Maribou Stork »

Prawn Connery wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:52 am
From the link I posted. This is how I read it.
It also specifies that during the legal regime of martial law in Ukraine, there is no need for citizens under the age of 27 to be registered with the military for a long time.
In the very next paragraph it goes on to say...
What do lawyers say?

According to some lawyers, the changes will not fundamentally change anything, as any adult male can be drafted during general mobilization.
It is worth noting that Article 23 of the Law "On Mobilization" does not mention the conscription age. There is only a clarification on partial mobilization - persons liable for military service who were called up for military service during mobilization and were discharged from the reserve are exempted from it.

The war in Ukraine. Who can be called up to the front?

During general mobilization, all citizens liable for military service aged 18 to 60 can be called up for military service, unless they have legal grounds for deferment or exclusion from the register. However, according to the law, the following may be granted a deferment
The deferments listed are only granted if you can pay the required bribe. Draft notices have also been received by pensioners in their 80's but that could be bureaucratic foul ups.
Maribou Stork

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »

Maribou Stork wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:33 pm
Prawn Connery wrote:
It also specifies that during the legal regime of martial law in Ukraine, there is no need for citizens under the age of 27 to be registered with the military for a long time.
What do lawyers say?

According to some lawyers, the changes will not fundamentally change anything, as any adult male can be drafted during general mobilization.
It is worth noting that Article 23 of the Law "On Mobilization" does not mention the conscription age. There is only a clarification on partial mobilization - persons liable for military service who were called up for military service during mobilization and were discharged from the reserve are exempted from it.

During general mobilization, all citizens liable for military service aged 18 to 60 can be called up for military service, unless they have legal grounds for deferment or exclusion from the register. However, according to the law, the following may be granted a deferment
The deferments listed are only granted if you can pay the required bribe. Draft notices have also been received by pensioners in their 80's but that could be bureaucratic foul ups.
No, I'm sure I read it correctly – I had also read it from other sources – and I just found this Reuters article that specifically states the minimum draft age is 27.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/at ... 023-11-28/
Only Ukrainian men aged between 27 and 60 can be mobilised by draft officers. Men aged between 18 and 26 can't be drafted, though they can enlist voluntarily.

It is hard to trust propaganda on either side (Russian or Ukranian), but Reuters is pretty reputable.
Licensed to Krill

roller24
Karma God
Karma God

Post by roller24 »

Prawn Connery wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:13 am
Maribou Stork wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:33 pm
Prawn Connery wrote:
What do lawyers say?

No, I'm sure I read it correctly – I had also read it from other sources – and I just found this Reuters article that specifically states the minimum draft age is 27.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/at ... 023-11-28/
Only Ukrainian men aged between 27 and 60 can be mobilised by draft officers. Men aged between 18 and 26 can't be drafted, though they can enlist voluntarily.

It is hard to trust propaganda on either side (Russian or Ukranian), but Reuters is pretty reputable.
Here is the text from the Ukrainian law.
[quote="https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ry-service]4.5 Eligibility: age
4.5.1 Article 15, Chapter 3 of the Law on Military Duty and Military Service stated that males aged 18 to 27 are eligible for conscription, unless they are exempt[footnote 19].

4.5.2 Article 22, Chapter 4 of the Law on Military Duty and Military Service stated that the maximum age for military service varies from 45 to 65 years, depending on rank[footnote 20].[/quote]

Maribou Stork
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: Nightmares
Has bestowed Karma : 21 times
Received Karma : 34 times

Post by Maribou Stork »

Report of child soldiers being used by Ukraine Regime.

Maribou Stork

roller24
Karma God
Karma God

Post by roller24 »

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=14619
Musk discussion split.

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »

Maribou Stork wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:08 am
Report of child soldiers being used by Ukraine Regime.

Yeah, find me a credible source if you don't mind.
Licensed to Krill