Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1124 times
Received Karma : 1756 times

maui

Post by Lrus007 »

In early August, a catastrophic wildfire engulfed Lāhainā, Maui, leaving over 100 confirmed dead and 850 missing. The tragedy has ignited a firestorm of criticism directed at Hawaii's state government, particularly Governor Josh Green, for perceived inadequacies in emergency response and preparedness. The absence of warning sirens and a perceived lack of an official response to the disaster have drawn widespread condemnation. The fire coincided with the first day back at school for many students; schools had been closed due to an outage, leaving many children home alone. Tragic stories have emerged, including that of a 14-year-old who perished along with the family dog as his parents were trapped behind a police barricade.

Green's recent "Anti-Housing" proclamation, aimed at speeding up the construction of 50,000 new homes on Oahu, has further fueled public skepticism. Residents are concerned that developers will exploit the tragedy to build expensive hotels and condominiums, particularly as many of the destroyed properties lie along the coastline. Despite reassurances from Green, the fears persist, fueled by Maui's existing housing crisis and an average home price of $1.2 million.

Adding to the controversy is the state police chief, John Pelletier, who has a history of service during the 2017 Las Vegas shooting. The federal disaster declaration has not alleviated concerns; locals report minimal assistance in the wake of the disaster. For instance, the Department of Health initially blocked insulin-carrying flights, although the issue has since been resolved.

Critics also accuse state authorities and the media of downplaying the likely high number of child victims to protect the Biden administration and Hawaii Democrats. Social media commentators, influencers, and prominent figures have criticized the lack of aggressive media coverage, suggesting a deliberate attempt to cover up governmental failures. They claim that once the true toll becomes apparent, a reckoning is imminent for local government and media alike.

In a deeply concerning development, the Hawaii State Department of Education has reported that 2,025 students remain unaccounted for in the Lahaina public school system following a devastating fire on August 8 in Lahaina, Maui. Of the 3,001 students initially enrolled across four schools in the district, 538 have re-enrolled in other public schools, and 438 have enrolled in the State Distance Learning Program. However, the fate of the remaining 2,025 is still uncertain. The schools, comprising two elementary, one intermediary, and one high school, are currently closed due to fire damage. One elementary school is severely damaged and unlikely to reopen soon, while the others have suffered damage from winds, debris, and soot.

Private schools in Maui are also impacted. Maui Preparatory Academy received about 1,000 new applications and reshuffled its campus to accommodate 110 new students, a 40% enrollment increase. Sacred Heart School, with about 200 students, was destroyed by the fire.

The situation has left many survivors furious, wondering if a few more minutes of warning could have saved numerous lives. Some survivors or friends and family of survivors say that Maui residents were not warned sufficiently (or even warned at all) before the wildfires devastated their neighborhood. Parents and community members feel particularly tormented, knowing many of the children were home alone when the fire struck. One father, who managed to save his own children but not his neighbors', stated that even a 10-15 minute warning could have made a significant difference in saving lives.

This disaster has had a monumental impact on the educational and social fabric of Lahaina, exposing gaps in emergency preparedness, and putting a spotlight on the vulnerability of communities during natural disasters. The tragedy also underscores the immediate need for coordinated efforts in search and rescue, led in part by Combined Joint Task Force 50, involving the Hawaii Army and Air National Guard, Army active duty, and Reserve. These groups are working with Maui County authorities to provide immediate support to the community and first responders.

The Hawaii State Department of Education's report lists out "immediate needs," which include "caring for our people/health and welfare of affected school communities," "communicating with stakeholders," "supporting affected students," and "assessing and repairing facilities." The document also expresses the need for counseling services, particularly for the youth, and alternate locations for facilities while environmental testing still goes on to determine which areas are safe enough for residents. "Working on internet connectivity" has been an issue as well.

There are many people online who express disgust at the way this disaster has been handled, calling out the local Hawaii officials for not doing enough to protect the island's most vulnerable residents. Just a few days ago, the mayor of Maui appeared to be irritated at the question of how many children were missing.

"Maui officials are covering up the death toll. Still claiming people are 'missing' in order to hide the horrific truth," lawyer and filmmaker Mike Cernovich wrote on X, formerly known as Twitter, as he shared the video. "Children burned alive. Maybe 1,000 or more."

https://www.eviemagazine.com/post/more- ... -wildfires

i think was arson burn out the poor sell there land....
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

roller24
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 332 times
Received Karma : 494 times

maui

Post by roller24 »

Due to several other wildfires being chalked up to arson, there may be some validity of your suspicions.
There was a lot of chatter about direct energy weapons being used to start the fires.
I couldn't help but recall this anomaly over Hawaii a while back.
image.png
These could be mapping out the island. Nobody actually ever gave a sound explanation, other than it was of a satellite origin.
Then yesterday... this was posted.

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

maui

Post by Lrus007 »

Hawaiian Electric said falling power lines appear to have caused the early morning fire on Aug. 8 in Lahaina but that the company’s lines were off for more than six hours by the time the second, more devastating fire flared up and spread across town.

The company released its first detailed account of the fire late Sunday night after Maui County filed a lawsuit last week casting blame on the utility, alleging that downed lines and HECO’s failure to shut off the power caused the fire that destroyed more than 2,000 structures and left at least 115 dead.

“Unfortunately the county’s lawsuit may leave us no choice in the legal system but to show its responsibility for what happened that day,” Hawaiian Electric President and CEO Shelee Kimura said in a statement.

According to Hawaiian Electric, the fire that began around 6:30 a.m. “appears to have been caused by power lines that fell in high winds,” as seen in videos taken by local residents that showed a small fire by downed power lines near the intersection of Lahainaluna Road and Hookahua Street that spread to the field across the street from Lahaina Intermediate.

The Maui Fire Department responded to the early morning fire, which triggered evacuations in the area surrounding the intermediate school, and declared it 100 percent contained shortly before 9 a.m., according to a county news release at the time.

HECO said the Fire Department determined the fire was extinguished and that crews left the scene by 2 p.m. — which Fire Chief Brad Ventura also said in a statement last week to The New York Times.

Hawaiian Electric said emergency crews arriving at Lahainaluna Road in the afternoon to make repairs saw no fire, smoke or embers. Shortly before 3 p.m., crew members called 911 to report a small fire about 75 yards away from Lahainaluna Road in the field near Lahaina Intermediate.

The county reported the fire as a flareup at the time and closed the Lahaina Bypass around 3:30 p.m. HECO claims that by the time the fire broke out around 3 p.m., power had been out for more than six hours.

“There was no electricity flowing through the wires in the area or anywhere else on the West Maui coast,” the company said, adding that it told investigators with the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives that it has records to prove it.

“By the time the Maui County Fire Department arrived back on the scene, it was not able to contain the Afternoon Fire and it spread out of control toward Lahaina,” HECO said.

The second, more deadly afternoon fire destroyed most of Lahaina town. Residents filed multiple lawsuits blaming HECO for not shutting off the power, and the company’s stock dropped after Maui County also said HECO’s equipment was the cause of the deadly blaze.

“To the extent HECO has information of a second ignition source, HECO should offer that evidence now,” attorney John Fiske of Baron and Budd, one of the law firms representing the county in its lawsuit, said via email on Monday in response to HECO’s statement. “The ultimate responsibility rests with HECO to de-energize, ensure its equipment and systems are properly maintained, and ensure downed power lines are not energized.”

Hawaiian Electric has an extensive system of electrical equipment in West Maui, where it serves more than 12,000 customers. An assessment on Aug. 14 found that the high winds and fire damaged or destroyed 400 out of 750 poles, visibly damaged 300 out of 575 transformers and destroyed the Lahaina substation.

Weeks after the fire, hundreds of HECO workers and contractors have been working to restore power to remaining pockets of customers in Upcountry and West Maui.

Lawsuits by residents and the county raised concerns over Hawaiian Electric’s sagging wires and aging equipment, saying the company should have shut off the power and been better prepared for the high winds.

Maui County’s lawsuit says Hawaiian Electric should have known the risk that its uninsulated lines and above-ground infrastructure would pose, particularly during the red flag warning that the National Weather Service issued days earlier, cautioning of fire risk amid high winds and low humidity. It alleges that HECO’s equipment caused both the Kula and Lahaina fires and is seeking damages for impacted residents.

In some places like California where deadly wildfires have been linked to power equipment, companies have programs in place that will automatically shut off power during emergencies or when lines go down. Kimura said during a news conference on Aug. 14 that this program is “controversial and it’s not universally accepted,” because of the risk it could create for people relying on specialized medical equipment and that first responders also needed power to pump water during the fire.

HECO continues to maintain that the cause of the second fire has yet to be determined as federal investigators continue their probe.

The second, more deadly afternoon fire destroyed most of Lahaina town. Residents filed multiple lawsuits blaming HECO for not shutting off the power, and the company’s stock dropped after Maui County also said HECO’s equipment was the cause of the deadly blaze.

“To the extent HECO has information of a second ignition source, HECO should offer that evidence now,” attorney John Fiske of Baron and Budd, one of the law firms representing the county in its lawsuit, said via email on Monday in response to HECO’s statement. “The ultimate responsibility rests with HECO to de-energize, ensure its equipment and systems are properly maintained, and ensure downed power lines are not energized.”

Hawaiian Electric has an extensive system of electrical equipment in West Maui, where it serves more than 12,000 customers. An assessment on Aug. 14 found that the high winds and fire damaged or destroyed 400 out of 750 poles, visibly damaged 300 out of 575 transformers and destroyed the Lahaina substation.

Weeks after the fire, hundreds of HECO workers and contractors have been working to restore power to remaining pockets of customers in Upcountry and West Maui.

Lawsuits by residents and the county raised concerns over Hawaiian Electric’s sagging wires and aging equipment, saying the company should have shut off the power and been better prepared for the high winds.

Maui County’s lawsuit says Hawaiian Electric should have known the risk that its uninsulated lines and above-ground infrastructure would pose, particularly during the red flag warning that the National Weather Service issued days earlier, cautioning of fire risk amid high winds and low humidity. It alleges that HECO’s equipment caused both the Kula and Lahaina fires and is seeking damages for impacted residents.

In some places like California where deadly wildfires have been linked to power equipment, companies have programs in place that will automatically shut off power during emergencies or when lines go down. Kimura said during a news conference on Aug. 14 that this program is “controversial and it’s not universally accepted,” because of the risk it could create for people relying on specialized medical equipment and that first responders also needed power to pump water during the fire.

HECO continues to maintain that the cause of the second fire has yet to be determined as federal investigators continue their probe.

https://www.mauinews.com/news/local-new ... ot-second/
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

maui

Post by rSin »

the major fault lies with the uncontrolled property managment of corperate landholding who let their propertys turn into gross fire agreeable property around the city

power lines down sparked the fuse but the bomb was corperate property holdings allowing their holding to turn into bombs waiting for the spark...
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

maui

Post by Lrus007 »

had a long talk with a friend that lives over there last night.
he had just built a shop for someone. he says whole place
looks like it had been bombed. really bad there. then i learned
the sirens are for earthquake, tsunami, eruption and fire.
they never turned them on. the people have not been happy
with the gov over there. so locals were teaching kids to be
strong if there was a uprising. they are a close nit people.
if the gov screws them they are ready to fight about it.
the start of a civil war could start in hawaii.

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

maui

Post by Lrus007 »

roller24
Karma God
Karma God

maui

Post by roller24 »

roller24
Karma God
Karma God