Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1133 times
Received Karma : 1781 times

Thin Mint Jealousy & Sunset Sherbet

Post by Lrus007 »

sog in beer cups. ya i have done it. average 20 grams a cup.
was either 48 or 52 cups fit under 1k been a while.
Attachments
DSCN0297.JPG
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 2224 times
Received Karma : 1644 times

Post by ripper5 »

:grin: From seed autoflower. It's not a cup but it's only a couple sizes bigger than a cup. It's not getting transplanted
Attachments
20230725_085533.jpg

Munchy
Board Administrator
Karma Monster
Karma Monster
Custom Title: UnhingedMotherfucker
Has bestowed Karma : 520 times
Received Karma : 1016 times

Thin Mint Jealousy, Sunset Sherbet & friends

Post by Munchy »

got about 420+ holes to fill :toker1:
SCROGGIN.JPG

Thin Mint Jealousy
Thin Mint Jealousy.JPG

Sunset Sherbet
Sunset Sherbet.JPG

Oreoz
Oreoz.JPG

Cheetah Piss
Cheetah Piss.JPG

Fluffy
Fluffy.JPG
Fluffy is the guardian of my garden.
He's a stray who adopted us, and he's nearly always at my back patio door.
We couldn't just watch him starve to death and croak over on our doorstep,
so we feed him, but he's not allowed indoors, nor inside the greenhouse,
but he always hangs out nearby when I'm out there.

He seems fond of our indoor cat, Chai, but what he doesn't know is that
she would shred him to bits in a minute, especially if he comes in and eats her food.
She's the most vicious cat I've ever had,
and PetSmart warned us that she doesn't get along with any other cats.
I think she still has PTSD from her 1st 4 months before we adopted her.

Chai
Chai.jpg
Prohibition is Futile Image THC will be Assimilated
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ How To Pass Drug Tests ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by ripper5 »

Awesome set-up! :tup:
Greenhouse just might be the best way to grow under the sun, round these parts . What with the late start to flowering outside, coupled with the potential for early, or even average first frost. Plus it probably helps with insects and other critters. :lurk: :popcorn:

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by ripper5 »

Nice kitties! We had a stray cat, we named Tangie, for over twenty years.

Munchy
Board Administrator
Karma Monster
Karma Monster

Thin Mint Jealousy, Sunset Sherbet, Oreoz & Cheetah Piss

Post by Munchy »

thanks! insects and critters are my #1 reason. each year little white butterflies or moths are always flying around, they seem to be cute and harmless, but are far from it, as they result in little green inchworm caterpillars, which mostly cause bud-rot from bug-poop, so I've had to spray with BT and such over and over, and then I still had black specks of their poop falling out of my dry buds, as well as dirt which gets blown in the wind, and also a fair bit of seeding, with no sign of males or hermies, because the pollen was apparently blowing in the wind as well, besides the plants take a beating from the occasional stronger winds. but I haven't needed to spray them with anything yet, and I'm debating whether I should spray them at least once before flowering, but I'd rather not spray them at all, if I really don't need to. and then there was smoke and ashes from the wildfires each year, and some early rain last year, which ended up causing me to harvest early, so I also want to have them protected from that just in case. the 15' greenhouse was less than $200. there were cheaper ones, but I opted for better quality King Bird with 2 screen doors, as those with only one door would get too hot. I also added a set of trampoline cork-screw ground anchors to protect it from the strong winds.

I'd also like to mention that most videos and commenters on scrogging, cite the main purpose and benefit as letting more bud-sites get better light. but I believe this is actually secondary to redirecting the plants primary energy focus from the main-stem top, which normally results in the biggest top bud, to multiple tops, so all of those buds get bigger than they would've otherwise, not due to lighting so much as sharing the plants main focus of energy from the highest part, terminal or apical bud of the plant, by keeping them all at the same height-level, instead of letting one bud stand tall above the others, and getting all that plant energy directed to it, as well as the extra strength each branch gets from the training.

and while I'm dreaming of hundreds of colas, I have an idea about harvesting, which may or may not be such a good one, but since loading up the garage always stinks up the whole house and surrounding area, especially during the 1st week of drying, I'm thinking of hanging the colas initially inside the shady side of the greenhouse (where the house blocks the sun for 2' or so, as it's wedged in between the house and a tree-trunk) for the first 4 or 5 days, when they are most pungent, and then moving them into the garage for the final stage of drying. Hopefully the faster initial (about 1/2 to 2/3) phase of drying won't be too detrimental. but the foot of shady area between the house and greenhouse creates a nice cooling effect, which I can feel blowing in through the 4 windows on that side, like natural air conditioning. and the tree trunk about 8' from the house is still holding up my back fence from falling over by a set of tethers, as well as being a pedestal mount for the solar panel (which can be seen in the 1st pic above - top-center) to run the fan, which is inefficiently exhausting through the open back door, but it seems to help a little.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 940 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

Munchy wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 1:20 pm
I'd also like to mention that most videos and commenters on scrogging, cite the main purpose and benefit as letting more bud-sites get better light. but I believe this is actually secondary to redirecting the plants primary energy focus from the main-stem top, which normally results in the biggest top bud, to multiple tops, so all of those buds get bigger than they would've otherwise, not due to lighting so much as sharing the plants main focus of energy from the highest part, terminal or apical bud of the plant, by keeping them all at the same height-level, instead of letting one bud stand tall above the others, and getting all that plant energy directed to it, as well as the extra strength each branch gets from the training.
My understanding is that it is to control canopy height over an area, to maximize light efficiency, with less plant numbers than SOG...which results in exactly what you point out. :)
Hopefully the faster initial (about 1/2 to 2/3) phase of drying won't be too detrimental.
Just keep in mind that part of the purpose of drying is to let the chlorophyl and other nasties work themselves out of the plant material, and you should be fine. As an experiment, I once dried a bud in full sun on a window sill...first day, flip, second day, done. It bleached out to a golden color, with no detriment to potency, aroma, or flavor, and was some of the smoothest smoke I've ever had. It's just not a real practical method for my situation.. Point being, it accelerated the chlorophyl depletion.

Munchy
Board Administrator
Karma Monster
Karma Monster

Post by Munchy »

thanks Bob. I'm really happy with the results of using a screen so far..
can't believe it took me 36 years of growing to try it, and I swear I'll never go back. :gadday:

first august hairs.JPG

Munchy
Board Administrator
Karma Monster
Karma Monster