most climbers dislike rappelling....

Stoner ramblings. Totally made up fictional shit that nobody means at all but is exercising their imaginations.
rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

most climbers dislike rappelling....

Post by rSin »

hate it in fact.
it introduces alot of additional ways for things to go wrong. and since were mostly free climbers; that means rope and protection gear but we climb the rocks using just hands and feet. mabe an knee sometimes. some shoulder too

anyway,
on the climbing site that despises me one of the old guys said he was teaching rappelling to someone and had thought to search it abit as hes noticed some new techniques. not in the rappelling itself but in how you space the decender devices from your harness and lots of folks now using backups to lock the system down. well all grew up on just holding the business end of the rope tight and in a way to quickly wrap it down your thigh to pick up additional friction when need be.

anyway it was obvious were all real climbers and they fuck rappellings really flew. cliffs with multiple pitch climbs. that were a guy climbs to the end of his rope, or a good ledge. stops and his belayers climbs up to reach him. thats one pitch. cliffs with multi pitchs most all have a 'rap line' which is a series of bolted stations for rappelling to the ground. again because of rope length verse much bigger cliffs, need to occur in stages.

i popped in with a 'adding extensions and auto brakes only increases your odds of falling asleep while rappelling...' and got some good laughs.

but later i told them a story...

"I stay associated with several notorious organizations. If you’re doing anything public you’re infiltrated with Leo spy’s. Being a climber they are usually easy to spot. Once they know you climb they get excited and start bragging about rappelling. Head first rappelling.

Fuck the screws…"

a rappeler isnt a climber.
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.