30 day cold shower challenge !!!

After enjoying the fruits of your labors, we all need a place to chill. This is that place. Totally senseless irrelevant banter encouraged.
deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Post by deran »

:facepalm:

pushing those tests .... i am ashamed reading this

:facepalm:
awoken the right way

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Post by rSin »

no kidding deran!
man the anti-thc propaganda is reaching a fever pitch around here. blaming high test weed and concentrates for teenage psycosis and suicide.

fuckers

holy shit,
dreamed last night i was a body cloned by myself in order to provide donor organs. usually the cloned body isnt supposed to have a brain but i did and had woke up and was yelling for help.

grisly
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 2198 times
Received Karma : 1615 times

Post by ripper5 »

Last two times I had to get clean, it took me eight weeks both times. That's from everyday usage for months. I was carrying around about an extra twenty to fifteen pounds body weight at the time. Not too bad for someone my middle age. Nowadays I'm down to only maybe ten extra. I'm not short but I'm not tall either.

Anyways, not drinking beer on the regular has me feeling healthier especially in the digestive area, which was feeling a bit worn.

The best addiction now is that fresh hot cup of dark & bold coffee (black) with my vaper hitz especially in the morning but also great whenever! :rollitiup:

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Post by deran »

rSin wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:14 pm
no kidding deran!
man the anti-thc propaganda is reaching a fever pitch around here. blaming high test weed and concentrates for teenage psycosis and suicide.

fuckers

holy shit,
dreamed last night i was a body cloned by myself in order to provide donor organs. usually the cloned body isnt supposed to have a brain but i did and had woke up and was yelling for help.

grisly
id ask my boss if he doesnt want to get rich? of course there is only 1 answer .... so then, let me work, i gotta work to do, im not here for some fancy drug testing ... whats he gonna do?

dont be the slave inside the matrix \m/

:emp:
awoken the right way

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by rSin »

so i learned today that when they said 30 days they meant 30 work days.
which means 42 days...

two weeks still to still to go!
almost tempted to burn one down

almost...
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by rSin »

so i too my test, came up and decided to spark up
was expecting to get high as a kite

didnt happen
kinda let down here...

dill786
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: memento mori
Has bestowed Karma : 981 times
Received Karma : 768 times

Post by dill786 »

update*
so the end of this month it will be 21 months of no smoking....

I weigh myself once a week to see if I put on weight due to me eating a lot more while training and not smoking, the last few months my weight has been the same,14 stones which is 88 kilos or 196 pounds so no change in weight.

sometimes I am really in the mood for exercise and I kill it in the garden, with burpees /squats and lifting weights, every now again I have a bad workout and I struggle to do it and sometimes I want to give up halfway through, but I persist and finish it off, feels great afterwards..

diet is not that good I eat what I want apart from the sugar, but sometimes I cave in and eat a half pack of biscuits, that's cookies for the Americans and biscuits are loaded with sugar... still need to get the punchbag so I can punch the fuck out of it....
Kuchisabishii

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 2198 times
Received Karma : 1615 times

Post by ripper5 »

^
I remember that natural high after a good workout. Yeah when it comes to exercise, the trick really is consistency. That's where the sometimes wall of a lack of any noticeable gain gets overcome by will.

Been a month without a beer. Was surprised to see on my bank statement was seven different occasions I purchased it last month, I thought it was about half that.
... still need to get the punchbag so I can punch the fuck out of it!
Ive got a heavy bag I haven't used in forever. It's set up in the basement though, hanging from the steel beam that is the main support for the house. I need to clear the junk out of the way. I've had it since about 1980 and it's still swinging.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 936 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

Two more months, I'll hit a year. :)

When I first quit, I was worried aboot weight gain. Tracked it for aboot 4 months...pretty much stayed in the 180-185 lb range. So I quit tracking. At Easter I check again...203 lb. :frown: This is the 2nd time in life I've gotten above 200...first time was from too much beer, but I was fit, just had a layer of fat. :p. Really need to get to aboot 175 lb.

Haven't started any kind of workout yet. Lung capacity won't allow any aerobic activity...I get winded from just walking. Thinking I should just get started with 10 burpees a day, and add another set every week or two.

For the last 20 years or so, I've pretty much only drank energy drinks...3 to 5 a day. Got to thinking, all that fructose can't be good for my liver, so I'm trying to switch to more water, less energy drink. I'm down to 1 to 2 energy drinks a day now...the rest is made up of those slightly flavored Propel waters or slightly flavored carbonated waters, both have 0 calories.

dill786
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: memento mori
Has bestowed Karma : 981 times
Received Karma : 768 times

Post by dill786 »

congrats bro, one year is a welcome and a real positive milestone...

if you can go for walks, I mean fast pace walks and time yourself your lung capacity will definitely improve, timing yourself is great you can pick up the pace so you beat yesterday's time and so on.... walking uphill will give your lungs and calf muscles a good workout, doing jumping jacks in the garden or In a room can help your lungs get a good workout too, as ripper said in his post being consistent is the real key to it..

keep us informed on your progress.....
Kuchisabishii