reasons to own an alarm clock

After enjoying the fruits of your labors, we all need a place to chill. This is that place. Totally senseless irrelevant banter encouraged.
MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Post by MadMoonMan »

B.C. Street... You guys don't want to know about B.C. street. Especially, on the holidays they turned the marines loose... No NO No.. Amy ain't going to rehab... .. Saran Wrap jobs??? I was in the army stationed with the HABU top secrete released before I got there. Talk about about having access to best weed in world. Risking a Japanese prison sentence? Getting it in or having it? My ... "Bud" shipped it along with recenyt DVDS at the time bootlegs were legal in Japan. We bought the first VHS recorders .... recorded everything. Had all the shows. I could and did anyone go into the army library and BYOC Buy Your Own Cassetes and record anything music album.
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1064 times

Post by rSin »

in high school a foreign exchange friend of mine taught me a very nasty sentence in chinese

several years later at work there was another chinese guy and i ran it past him.
his eyes got wide and he said 'how the fuck do you know how to say that?!?!!?'

i told him
he explained that the snytax was correct but it was close enough to be understandable

i still remember it; here it is in phonetic english

Kaah-knee-nah
CHOW-chee -by
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

dill786
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: memento mori
Has bestowed Karma : 990 times
Received Karma : 775 times

Post by dill786 »

i think its time you bought a smartphone ben!!!

i know you have been avoiding getting one for the past decade or so but it will make life a lot easier, it has built-in camera, video camera, phone, alarm clock, calender, reminder etc.....
Kuchisabishii

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1133 times
Received Karma : 1781 times

Post by Lrus007 »

and tracking device..
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Post by deran »

only 1 reason: to prove gravity
awoken the right way

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by rSin »

ive been playing with gravity my whole life,
and its bit me on the ass several times

this once i was trying to downclimb this flute of a chimney and the ledge i put a foot on sheared off and i was falling. i remember thinking 'better get me feet under me' but then i hit the bottom which was the top of this steep gully and imediately i was tumbling down it. it was blocky ledges and i hit, bounce and fall and repeat. several times. i remember seeing the blue sky carwheel past my vision a couple times

eventually one of the ledges was broad and level enough that i came to a stop.

and slowly started feeling around, check if my hands and feet still worked. if i could feel them. two of my fingertips had been peeled off just in front of the nail and were turned inside out hanging off the end of the pad of those fingers. pressed them back into place. id been trying to show a couple newbies about the rockclimbing rights there. this was just under a rather famous climb in garden of the gods state park

one of them spoke then 'were not going to come down that way'

heh

'ok, meet you back at the car'

i then proceeded to hike the long way around the formation back to the car.
i was rattled but didnt think it was too bad. getting back to my house i just collapsed onto the couch. a best friend took one look at me and ran off to find the nurse at the camp next door. he said i looked like i jumped out of a car driving down the freeway. significant abrasions all over. he said he could understand how i got so many in places you wouldnt think youd ever expose to road rash.

so, almost 30 years later i decided to revisit the scene and i took a tape measure.
wanted to know the real numbers so my telling of the story would be accurate

id fallen about 14 feet straight down the chimney, and then id carwheeled down the gully for another 40 feet

nothing broken
save my skin

i know im down on my 9lives and i certainly wasted one there...

peace
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by rSin »

after i turned my fingertips back around proper i balled that hand into a fist and i didnt unclench it for almost a day...

roller24
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 332 times
Received Karma : 495 times

Post by roller24 »

I took a 12 foot back dive of a ladder once, due to electrocuting myself. I landed on my head, so no significant damage there. I did catch the small of my back on the saw table corner which rendered a 3 inch flap laceration. I was lucky because the table saw was at the bottom with the blade 3in up. I was pretty dazed, because I decided the liquor store was where I went for treatment. I was unaware of the wound on my back until my wife saw it.

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by rSin »

the three most dangerous tools on the job are the box cutter, the skilsaw and the table saw.
my boss years ago was in the room when the guy he was working for managed to cut off all four fingers of one hand on the table saw. he said the room was splattered with blood, him included

so i picked up the rule from him ALWAYS crank the table saw blade all the way down after each use. was crazy is that when youve got a crew doing wood floor they will just leave it running for hours at a time.

be safe out there