Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1317 times
Received Karma : 921 times

Episode II : Enter The Hellfire

Post by Butcher Bob »

Mister Grafik wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:23 am
I have two ideas. The original was consider 100% Indica, and my first plan was to capture pinks and then branch everything out with Oaxacan.
This changed, as now I kind of want to add in another pure indica to these before bringing any Sativa to it to increase pistil and flower production + stretch. From there work on the flowering times and smells.
...to increase pistil and flower production + stretch.

I'm assuming you want the final progeny to be more Indica like. I'm not so certain that plan will accomplish that. Whether you use I or I x I, the combination with the S will still just be I x S or S x I, depending on which sex you pick for each parent strain.

If you are looking for a more Indica structure...and if DJ is correct aboot the male's contribution to that...and if you want a 50/50 mix of Indica/Sativa...then I would think that (S x I#1) x (S x I#2) would be the best bet to accomplish that.

In the most basic terms, you could simply make I the male parent.

:dunno: ...just a thought.

Mister Grafik
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Custom Title: spliff ninja
Has bestowed Karma : 442 times
Received Karma : 319 times

Post by Mister Grafik »

Butcher Bob wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:35 pm
I'm assuming you want the final progeny to be more Indica like. I'm not so certain that plan will accomplish that. Whether you use I or I x I, the combination with the S will still just be I x S or S x I, depending on which sex you pick for each parent strain.

If you are looking for a more Indica structure...and if DJ is correct aboot the male's contribution to that...and if you want a 50/50 mix of Indica/Sativa...then I would think that (S x I#1) x (S x I#2) would be the best bet to accomplish that.

In the most basic terms, you could simply make I the male parent.

:dunno: ...just a thought.
Hey Bob. Thanks for that ~
Makes sense to do it that way but there is no Indica male parent.
Also no Sativa male parent. I've been looking through females discarding males unless they were standout or part of something else.

The goal is more Sativa like actually; Sativa Hybrid in the end. Uplifting headie high.

The idea to cross to indica as a preface, was to increase the bulk of the plant and choose the ones with the same flavor profile & pink pistilation which I already have. Making a really heavy indica dominant plant. Adding another layer to the onion. *getting a male plant

Stretch + flower production coming from the Sativa side introduction, meaning flowers all the way up the branch. Will probably be dealing with some lengthy flower times for a bit.

And since I don't have a Male Oax, the road is a bit longer.

Would be Indica x Indica. Search through them, finding a nice hybrid of traits possibly a male - probably F2 and look for a male in there (So we can use this as the father to do the way you suggest).. And then introduce the Sativa Male. And then one more step maybe two I have in mind with the Oax female. **

I think DJ had a good observation with the M contributing structure (whether in flower or in veg) but I find it's the plants that have less mixtures of genes that tend to dominate the crossing. There is always a dominant parent in a crossing be it the mother or the father imo so then it comes down to piecing together the structures of the children ~

The original parent is considered 100% Indica.
Like I mentioned, the first plan was to do 100% Indica x Oax. But no nice males on the pure side since I've had it.
So just rolling with the punches.

:emp:
.: the underdog is my dawg :.

Mister Grafik
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

Post by Mister Grafik »

Somewhere else, flowering within the Hellfire...

Some older stock. Just caught a nice flick, and thought I would share it :smoke:

Alter-Jean-Melvanetics-89nl5xSkunk-f05-189.jpg

Mister Grafik
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

Post by Mister Grafik »

EPCK-02-196.jpg
EPCK-02-197.jpg
EPCK-02-198.jpg

Mister Grafik
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

Post by Mister Grafik »

EPCK 02 above. Very hardy. Very Strawberry Minty, Kush like smells.

Was so mezmerized by the flowers I forgot to cross it.
It got some late action but not expecting much. Oh well, next time.

I have a cut ready to roll ~

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1317 times
Received Karma : 921 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

Mister Grafik wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:16 pm
The goal is more Sativa like actually... Uplifting headie high.

The idea to cross to indica as a preface, was to increase the bulk of the plant and choose the ones with the same flavor profile & pink pistilation which I already have. Making a really heavy indica dominant plant. Adding another layer to the onion. *getting a male plant

Stretch + flower production coming from the Sativa side introduction, meaning flowers all the way up the branch. Will probably be dealing with some lengthy flower times for a bit.

Would be Indica x Indica. Search through them, finding a nice hybrid of traits possibly a male - probably F2 and look for a male in there (So we can use this as the father to do the way you suggest).. And then introduce the Sativa Male. And then one more step maybe two I have in mind with the Oax female. **

I think DJ had a good observation with the M contributing structure (whether in flower or in veg) but I find it's the plants that have less mixtures of genes that tend to dominate the crossing. There is always a dominant parent in a crossing be it the mother or the father imo so then it comes down to piecing together the structures of the children ~
Gotcha. :)
Do you have a male Indica candidate for the Indica x Indica cross?
Long route would be to find an F2 male that produces the highest percentage of progeny with the traits you are looking for, and then breed him with the best Oax female you have...then you can start nailing down traits through selection in that line.
Do you smoke test the males? I know folks are divided on the subject, but some swear by it. :dunno:

Mister Grafik
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

Post by Mister Grafik »

Butcher Bob wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:32 pm
Gotcha. :)
Do you have a male Indica candidate for the Indica x Indica cross?
Long route would be to find an F2 male that produces the highest percentage of progeny with the traits you are looking for, and then breed him with the best Oax female you have...then you can start nailing down traits through selection in that line.
Do you smoke test the males? I know folks are divided on the subject, but some swear by it. :dunno:
No prospects yet only in seed form. No decisions there ~
Some of the thoughts are Balhk Afghan, Chitrali P2.

So the #04,#02 cuts will probably see a few polyhybrid outcrossings before I get to the real popcorn ~

I am still keeping my eyes open for some inspiration on the genetics to use. It's a long project and I am picky..
Last edited by Mister Grafik on Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.