Received Karma : 921 times

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Butcher Bob »

Prawn Connery wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:53 am
rSin wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:05 am
ivermechden is 5 cents a pill
countries which employee its use widespread have not only the lowest rates of vaccinations but also
the lowest number of cases of covid...
Which countries are they?
Check out the whole of Africa. Ivermectin is used prevently throughout. And from my understanding, South Africa is the only country there that received large amounts of vaccines.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2020 ... world-map/

https://reliefweb.int/map/world/covid-1 ... p-26082021

https://www.the-scientist.com/infograph ... arts-67226

Intrinsic wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:06 am
starts off debunking dores claims on the tranmission woo woo that bob is echoing(?) here.

At about 12: in the debunking of ivermectin starts.
That's why I don't rely on Jimmy's opinion, but did take notice of the extensive Harvard study....which Shaun did not debunk.

Same is true for Ivermectin...we went through this...

viewtopic.php?p=172346#p172346

...which Shaun also did not debunk.

Looks like Shaun is click baiting...same as he is accusing Jimmy of doing. :facepalm:
If he ever gets around to refuting the actual numbers, that might be noteworthy.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1751 times
Received Karma : 1537 times

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Intrinsic »

I see okay , how about a summary of all that that before I delve into your next woo. Hell you got examples from Jimmy Dore how to cherry-pick as yer MO. I suppose this is where I'd put up the link yet again for the ongoing trials on in ivermectin. But why bother.

I don't even know what you're trying to say . is ivermectin valid choice for not getting a free safe vaccine? It makes no difference in tansmission so why get vaccinated ? it is that your claim..
Is this what you're trying to steer me to in those links.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1317 times

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Butcher Bob »

It baffles you because you view me as an anti-vaxxer....which I am not...
Butcher Bob wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:41 pm
All of this comes back to the point being made...the vaccines do not protect you from getting/spreading the virus, they protect you from the harm the virus does to you. That in itself is a good enough reason to get vax'd.
I'm a seeker of truth.
Saying Ivermectin is not an effective treatment is dishonest, per the numbers of the meta-analysis of studies/trials.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Intrinsic »

Oh is that, all, cuz in the thread's beginning it was about vax is not preventing people from dying in hospitals. Now it is?

"the vaccines do not protect you from getting/spreading the virus, 
Vaxx don't protect one from getting the virus. vaccination protects one from getting the covid19 disease alltogether and thus reduce transmission. That's what efficacy means for covid19. And last i read moderna is stiill at 90 percent effectiveness from alpha 6 months in and at worst 35% against Delta.. With of course now we know the added bonus of mitigating break out cases.

That's what efficacy means in Coronavirus trails, preventing the disease and slowing transmission. that's was the goal. Why efficacy used as the measurement. In addition in the real world the effectiveness was matching the trial efficacy, until Delta came along.

What did you think it meant?

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Intrinsic »

And I claim there are no reliable studies showing any positive effectiveness of ivermectin on coviid19.

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by rSin »

its prevealant in nations where 'river death is found...
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 417 times
Received Karma : 511 times

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Prawn Connery »

Butcher Bob wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:53 pm
Check out the whole of Africa. Ivermectin is used prevently throughout. And from my understanding, South Africa is the only country there that received large amounts of vaccines.

https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2020 ... world-map/

https://reliefweb.int/map/world/covid-1 ... p-26082021

https://www.the-scientist.com/infograph ... arts-67226
Hey Bob, I couldn't find any mention of ivermectin in any of those links. But my initial response to why infection and death rates appear to be lower in Africa compared to other continents would be one word: under-reporting.

It's pretty common knowledge Africa is the least developed continent. It makes perfect sense to me that the highest rates of infection are reported are in the countries that are most developed (with the best communications and government networks).

And isn't ivermectin widely used in India? (Or at least they tried.)

If it is the truth you seek, then the first question I would be asking is: if ivermectin is so cheap and effective, why are hardly any nations prescribing it? Surely the whole world is not in on this conspiracy about big pharma trying to prevent everyone from using it?

If ivermectin worked so well, medics around the world would be using it. You guys have not come up with one single, plausible reason why healthcare systems around the world have rejected it as a treatment.

Sorry guys, big pharma conspiracy theories don't cut it for me. It simply defies common sense.
Licensed to Krill

Munchy
Board Administrator
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: Golden Member
Has bestowed Karma : 470 times
Received Karma : 957 times

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Munchy »

and using an intestinal de-wormer to treat a respiratory virus simply defies common sense. :facepalm:
how do they think it would actually work?
as if the corona virus is just intestinal, and not respiratory?
does de-wormer affect the lungs?
Prohibition is Futile Image THC will be Assimilated
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ How To Pass Drug Tests ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 417 times
Received Karma : 511 times

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Prawn Connery »

Munchy wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:19 am
and using an intestinal de-wormer to treat a respiratory virus simply defies common sense. :facepalm:
how do they think it would actually work?
as if the corona virus is just intestinal, and not respiratory?
does de-wormer affect the lungs?
I know from experience ivermectin is pretty toxic stuff. It gets into the blood stream and kills heartworm in dogs and cats. I stopped giving it to my dogs because it used to make them sick every time I gave it to them. You need to dose by animal weight because a severe overdose can cause death. It's not as harmless as some people seem to think.
Licensed to Krill

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1317 times

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Butcher Bob »

Intrinsic wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:53 pm
Oh is that, all, cuz in the thread's beginning it was about vax is not preventing people from dying in hospitals. Now it is?
Don't get it twisted...the devil is in the detail. You made an absolute statement...
"It prevents people from dying in hospitals..."
...which I pointed out as not true. It reduces, but does not prevent. Some vax'd people do still die.
"the vaccines do not protect you from getting/spreading the virus, 
Vaxx don't protect one from getting the virus. vaccination protects one from getting the covid19 disease alltogether and thus reduce transmission. That's what efficacy means for covid19. And last i read moderna is stiill at 90 percent effectiveness from alpha 6 months in and at worst 35% against Delta.. With of course now we know the added bonus of mitigating break out cases.
Not sure what you're on aboot in this bit, but I see some problematic statements...

"vaccination protects one from getting the covid19 disease alltogether..."
You know full well that fully vax'd folks are still getting covid.

"...and thus reduce transmission."
The Harvard study you are refusing to acknowledge would appear to indicate otherwise.

"And last i read moderna is stiill at 90 percent effectiveness from alpha...
You state this like it means something. Last I saw, 100% of new cases in both the US and UK are delta.
That's what efficacy means in Coronavirus trails, preventing the disease and slowing transmission.
What did you think it meant?
Pretty much everything I'm seeing relates it to...reduction in severity of illness and deaths.
Intrinsic wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:01 pm
And I claim there are no reliable studies showing any positive effectiveness of ivermectin on coviid19.
Yes, keep ignoring this as well...
https://c19early.com/
:facepalm: