Has bestowed Karma : 423 times
Received Karma : 521 times

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Prawn Connery »

Butcher Bob wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:39 pm
Prawn Connery wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:24 am
The whole point of getting vaccinated is to protect oneself from others who aren't...
Close, but not quite correct. That would be the logical conclusion. However, the reality is...
The whole point of getting vaccinated is to <lessen the severity of the illness, and reduce the chance of death>.
It's kinda the same thing. Unvaxxed = higher viral load = more chance of spreading. And I have quantified many times that vaccinations don't stop (but do slow) the spread as well as reduce the risk of getting fatally ill.
Butcher Bob wrote:Vaccinated or not, everyone is likely to get COVID-19 at some point, many experts say
'The idea that we’re going to live our lives without ever getting it is a fantasy — and a dangerous one,' says one epidemiologist
I would agree. Which is why I got vaxxed.
Licensed to Krill

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Prawn Connery »

Intrinsic wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:38 pm
Sorry not sure if I can make it clearer. you might have case in your argument when all the youngins in my extended family are vaccinated. Or there weren't friends of mine who can't get vaxxed, medical reason. Or maybe if the unvax would wear masks. You see, everywhere I go here in town there are covid infected people walking around going inside without masks. always, everyday with whatever new variant they're vectoring. I don't like it and I don't think I should have to put up with it. It's a horrible disease.
Just accept the fact that Covid is here to stay. Just like influenza and other virulent, mutating diseases. You can slow it, but you can't stop it. And ironically I am saying this from a small part of the world that still has no covid – but I am under no delusions that it won't eventually arrive.
Licensed to Krill

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by rSin »

why is their no talk of whats happened revealed of our underpreperation

and this was a rather unviriliant supposed

theirs way worse and we need to act as if their right around the corner.. .
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Prawn Connery »

Intrinsic wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:27 pm
I think you misunderstood me. I'm not tring to denying the anti-vaxxers hospital care. I don't see how you got that from what I wrote ????
I missed this earlier.

My point was that if unvaxxed people are clogging up the healthcare system, then you could equally argue there are plenty of others doing the same through their own life choices. That's all.
Licensed to Krill

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 935 times

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Butcher Bob »

Prawn Connery wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:35 pm
Butcher Bob wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:39 pm
Prawn Connery wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:24 am
The whole point of getting vaccinated is to protect oneself from others who aren't...
Close, but not quite correct. That would be the logical conclusion. However, the reality is...
The whole point of getting vaccinated is to <lessen the severity of the illness, and reduce the chance of death>.
It's kinda the same thing. Unvaxxed = higher viral load = more chance of spreading.
Eh, not really....you got closer while I was putting that post together...
Prawn Connery wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:22 pm
Vaxxed people can also get Delta. They can also spread it. Being vaccinated may reduce the incidence and offer more protection, but you are not going to wipe out Covid 19 any more than we have wiped out influenza.
One aspect is how well the vax prevents the affects of the virus on the individual. In this respect, the numbers would indicate the vax is quite effective at reducing hospitalization and death among the infected.

The other aspect is how well the vax affects transmissibility. Initially, I thought the same thing...that we would see a reduction in transmission as more folks get vax'd. But that is obviously not the case. The Harvard study clearly shows that. And more evidence keeps piling up to support that position...yesterday it was Vermont's numbers making the rounds in discussions. Highest vaccination rate in the US, but seeing a drastic increase in case numbers. :confused: California has the most restrictive precautionary measures in effect, one of the highest vax rates, and is still seeing a large spike in cases...whereas Florida has no restrictions, has opted to focus on treatment rather than vaccinations (one of the lowest rates in the US), and is seeing their cases drop. So given all the data coming in, it would appear that there is no correlation between vax rates and transmission.

All of this comes back to the point being made...the vaccines do not protect you from getting/spreading the virus, they protect you from the harm the virus does to you. That in itself is a good enough reason to get vax'd. But as far as the spread, this virus is already endemic. We should be looking harder at treatments, as we should have from the beginning. Instead, the powers that be chose to push only vaccination, and actively vilified viable treatment options. Why? :dunno: My guess would be $$$. :frown:

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Prawn Connery »

There are a lot of variables in terms of transmission rates. If vaccines reduce the viral load in, then you would expect that to reduce transmissions. But transmissions are also a function of population densities, human interaction, general hygiene and different Covid variants.

Five reasons why Covid herd immunity is probably impossible: https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00728-2
Licensed to Krill

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Prawn Connery »

Butcher Bob wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:41 pm
We should be looking harder at treatments, as we should have from the beginning. Instead, the powers that be chose to push only vaccination, and actively vilified viable treatment options. Why? :dunno: My guess would be $$$. :frown:
My guess is less to do with subterfuge and more to do with the commonly held misconception that all vaccines prevent transmission and offer lifetime protection. It's probably a basic failure to understand what we're dealing with. Most politicians are out of touch at the best of times.

You know, most times shit happens it's not the result of some conspiracy theory, but of basic human incompetence.
Licensed to Krill

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by rSin »

ivermechden is 5 cents a pill
countries which employee its use widespread have not only the lowest rates of vaccinations but also
the lowest number of cases of covid...
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Prawn Connery »

rSin wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:05 am
ivermechden is 5 cents a pill
countries which employee its use widespread have not only the lowest rates of vaccinations but also
the lowest number of cases of covid...
Which countries are they?
Licensed to Krill

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1815 times
Received Karma : 1589 times

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Intrinsic »

starts off debunking dores claims on the tranmission woo woo that bob is echoing(?) here.

At about 12: in the debunking of ivermectin starts.

It goes on with more debunking Jimmy dore's woo which is amazingly most of the same monkey wrenches Bob and Ben keep putting out. Coincidence?

Keep in mind Bob this is not attacking the source, this is yet once again more debunking the content. You seem confused about that before. I'm sure deliberately.