My Dilema...

After enjoying the fruits of your labors, we all need a place to chill. This is that place. Totally senseless irrelevant banter encouraged.

What should I do

Give him her phone number and let them sort it out without saying anything
No votes
Don't give him her phone number, make polite excuses
17%
Don't give him her phone number, tell him why
17%
Tell her what he said and let her make the decision
67%

Total votes: 6

Polly Snark
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: My Kingdom for a Comma
Has bestowed Karma : 6 times
Received Karma : 22 times

My Dilema...

Post by Polly Snark »

So... This is a totally true story that just happened today. You cannot make this shit up.
After recently spending some time with a co-worker, I kept thinking she'd be a good match for a guy I know. I've known this guy for a couple of years now. Seems pretty decent, a little weird, but not too weird.
I first asked her if she was single, looking, and if she'd be interested in meeting him. She was single, not actively looking but if something happened she'd be open to it and yeah, she'd be open to meeting him.

Then I asked him... at first he said the exact same thing... but then he went into some detail about his um... *sex life. He is apparently into but rather new, I gathered from what he said, into BDSM. He proceeded to tell me how he was a Dom and how he was still going to want to play with other partners... But he could put that interest "aside". Frankly, he sounded like he wasn't that experienced, in the scene . I told him kiddingly that maybe he should save that for the second or third date and that sexual preferences and mutual interest didn't always equal attraction, respect or a solid foundations, and that most relationships, should really develop naturally, without all the fall-der-all expectations he was putting out. In a way, I felt what he was saying that he is actually avoiding a real relationship

I am not one to judge other people's sex life but I am having second thoughts about setting them up, not so much because of what he's into but what I felt was immaturity. They are of the same age, but I feel like she's a bit more mature than he is and because she's also a single mom, she doesn't need to be dealing with someone who thinks that they can "put aside" something like that and still play with other partners even if they entered a relationship.

So what do you guys think? Should I give him her phone number? Should I tell him why if I don't? Should I warn her and let her make the decision?
:arse:

Mister Grafik
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Custom Title: spliff ninja
Has bestowed Karma : 442 times
Received Karma : 319 times

My Dilema...

Post by Mister Grafik »

haha polly you are 2/2 on good threads
.: the underdog is my dawg :.

Mister Grafik
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

My Dilema...

Post by Mister Grafik »

If you want to be in the middle of that as the said connect --
I am not sure why but it sounds like a bad idea.

For example you reccomend your friend to a place of work because you have seen them work very hard before! Perfect fit.
However you hadn't a clue they were a kleptomaniac.

Even though it is their bad... It is your bad too and you'll never hear the end of that one either way it goes. Imagine something happens in that relationship. Either it gets awkward for everyone, or yeah.. So many different things I'd say you're playing with fire holding that phone number.

Especially since you're conscience enough to feel some sort of immaturity in his response. It seems like you're trying to help something happen. Maybe the intentions don't align with all parties ~

The real question is... What is the world coming to lmao

webeblzr
good karma
good karma
Has bestowed Karma : 138 times
Received Karma : 175 times

My Dilema...

Post by webeblzr »

Oh a breeding thread. I do not cross stuff myself, there are enough mutated genetics out there now.

Mister Grafik
Karma Whore
Karma Whore

My Dilema...

Post by Mister Grafik »

webeblzr wrote:
Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:15 pm
Oh a breeding thread. I do not cross stuff myself, there are enough mutated genetics out there now.
:roflmao:

That's messed up!

ben ttech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: godisnotwhite.com
Has bestowed Karma : 400 times
Received Karma : 250 times

My Dilema...

Post by ben ttech »

ah but when you think about it...
"disaster is the mother of necessity" rSin

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 420 times
Received Karma : 517 times

My Dilema...

Post by Prawn Connery »

Girls are nearly always more mature than boys their own age. I'm 75 and . . . haha. Not really.

The lesson in all this is to mind your own fucking business and let people sort themselves out. Was the immature enough for ya? :winky:

In all seriousness, this is what you get for match-making. Damned if you do.

If it were me, I would have just arranged a party or something and invited them both then introduced them then and there. That way you avoid the inevitable blame that goes with arranging and introducing a cluster-fuck.

Too late now, I guess. But my question to you is now: "How the fuck do you know so much about the BDSM scene???"

Yep, that's none of my god-damned business. Which is why I'm asking. For a friend, you understand. :slap:
Licensed to Krill