Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1751 times
Received Karma : 1535 times

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Intrinsic »

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2021/9 ... -different

Facebook is a menace. COVID-19 is a menace. Conservatism is a cesspool. Together, those three ingredients have created a toxic stew of malevolent death and devastation.

Today’s cautionary tale is Wanda. 
anti (2).jpg
Lots of things work and are safe, but conservatives reject them out of ideological idiocy. Like democracy. And voting. 

Not to mention, if huge ad campaigns weren’t necessary to convince people to do stuff, advertising wouldn’t exist. 
anti (3).jpg
At this point, it seems like those Facebook warnings don’t communicate “check out the truth of the matter” to these people. Rather, it feeds into that “block, censor, and threaten” motif from the previous meme. They know the truth, and evil Facebook and DemoncRATS and Joe Biden are all trying to bully them into science. Because reasons. 

What does the booster do? It prevents people from dying in hospitals and reduces transmission by some measure. You might still catch COVID-19, but if you’re home sick with flu-like symptoms and nothing more, that sure as hell beats being intubated in a hospital as your organs shut down. Should be pretty freakin’ obvious. 
anti (1).jpg
To these people, “freedom” means the unfettered ability to infect other people, because they’ve convinced themselves that 99.9% survive infection (their made-up number), and they’ll never be in that small percentage who die or are seriously incapacitated by the disease. And a big part of that arrogant indifference is their religion—their god will protect them from disease. It’s those heathens in the Big City who will suffer.
banti (1).jpg
Hydroxychloroquine? Ivermectin? 

It’s shocking how afraid they are of a vaccine literally “tested” on 2 billion people and counting, but they’re happy to play guinea pig with unapproved substances they read about on Facebook. Even when said substances are horse dewormer.

Not to mention, as we all knew, they only cared about FDA approval when it suited their talking points. “It’s not approved, it’s ‘experimental!’” Final approval for the Pfizer vaccine didn’t change any of their minds.
banti (2).jpg
One week after that Snow White meme, Wanda’s husband Tommy dies. That one was quick, holy shit. Wanda is pissed because some people discussed it on Facebook—and not because Facebook miseducated her and her family into refusing the vaccine or other life-protecting precautions, like masking. 

The problem here is that these decisions aren’t strictly personal ones: They actually do impact others. She can’t say “you have nothing to do with [this decision]” when those decisions clog hospital beds and impact those who did take proper precautions, and those who might need medical care for non-COVID emergencies. Not to mention, those decisions could impact other people, which should be obvious for people who profess to follow a religion that commands everyone to love their neighbors. 

Which brings us to ...
banti (3).jpg
Enter Cobie, Wanda’s daughter, who seems to be the only person in the family who isn’t infected with COVID-19. Her dad (Wanda’s husband), is dead of COVID-19. Wanda is now in the hospital. Wanda’s son and Cobie’s brother, Hunter/Hunk, is also in the hospital, with pneumonia. Grandma is home with COVID-19 too. The blood of Jesus isn’t enough, which is why they’re in a hospital, and it wasn’t enough to protect them from the virus, because it really doesn’t care about anyone’s religion.

“I refuse to believe anything different” should be the official slogan of the conservative movement. 

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1317 times
Received Karma : 921 times

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Butcher Bob »

Just a couple wrenches...
Intrinsic wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:00 am
What does the booster do? It prevents people from dying in hospitals... You might still catch COVID-19, but if you’re home sick with flu-like symptoms and nothing more, that sure as hell beats being intubated in a hospital as your organs shut down.
You do know that's not true, right?
Over 12,000 vacinated folks have been hospitalized...over 600 of those died.
So...why you lying?
...Pfizer...
Sure, they're to be trusted.
Google "largest criminal fine in history"...see who's name shows up.
Hint...it's for healthcare fraud.

...jus sayin'. :whistle:

Roots

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Roots »

Your stats don't prove what he said isn't true.

You also left out how many have died and been hospitalized in the same time period without the vaccination.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Intrinsic »

Butcher Bob wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:09 pm
Just a couple wrenches...
Intrinsic wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:00 am
What does the booster do? It prevents people from dying in hospitals... You might still catch COVID-19, but if you’re home sick with flu-like symptoms and nothing more, that sure as hell beats being intubated in a hospital as your organs shut down.
You do know that's not true, right?
Over 12,000 vacinated folks have been hospitalized...over 600 of those died.
So...why you lying?
I didn't write it, Markos "Kos" Moulitsas of the Daily Kos wrote it. The link is upfront, Sorry I wasn't clear in the reading room forum, But I'll defend it.

Even if your point had any validity, it doesn't negate the fact booster shots will prevent people from dying in the hospitals.
...Pfizer...
Sure, they're to be trusted.
Google "largest criminal fine in history"...see who's name shows up.
Hint...it's for healthcare fraud.
Wtf? The quote for Pfizer was
Not to mention, as we all knew, they only cared about FDA approval when it suited their talking points. “It’s not approved, it’s ‘experimental!’” Final approval for the Pfizer vaccine didn’t change any of their minds.
Your babbling about criminal fines and fraud. it was about Approved or unapproved didn't change those people's mind, and is true.
...jus sayin'. :whistle:
liar
so you're channeling Tucker Carlson now, the guy who's jes asking questions that have already been answered.
Last edited by Intrinsic on Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Intrinsic »

The moral of the story:

Please pull your head out of your ass
and get a shot

Roots

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Roots »

Where did you get 6k from, this was less than a month ago

>>>”The new data suggests 1,507 people (about 0.001%) of those fully vaccinated people died from COVID-19.”

...also what was the median age of those who died?

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1317 times
Received Karma : 921 times

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Butcher Bob »

Roots wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:17 pm
Where did you get 6k from, this was less than a month ago

>>>”The new data suggests 1,507 people (about 0.001%) of those fully vaccinated people died from COVID-19.”
Six hundred, not 6k...so your figure is even higher.
Roots wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:18 pm
Your stats don't prove what he said isn't true.
"It prevents people from dying in hospitals..."

...is an absolute...pretty easy to disprove.

My only point was to show there is disinformation on both sides. :wink:

Roots

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Roots »

People who play a weak game of semantics are a waste of time.

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

So, We're Moving Away From "My Body, My Choice" Now?

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

So, we're moving away from My Body, My Choice now?

Kamala - Twitchy - Harris. My Body, My Choice "Is NOT Negotiable"...she goes on to repeat...Sep 9, 2021.

Starts at 0:48 (approximately)

Was she and Blunderful Biden lying?

Blunderful Biden Your Body My Choice 0001 09112021.jpg

:/,
WHAB

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Anti-vaxx Chronicles

Post by Intrinsic »

No we're not moving away from anything. "Mandatory" vaccinations have been the norm since I was born.
I've had vaccinations, no choice, I know you did too.
Which is a good thing and now with mRNA Tech even better.