Sippin' With Grafik : 30 Gallon Sub Irrigated Bins

Outdoor grows

mistergrafik

Post by mistergrafik »

Was being dumb and gave it the runoff last week.. Bit of curl and unruly petals but took it like a champ for the most part.

Nice n' full

roller24
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 332 times
Received Karma : 493 times

Post by roller24 »

I gotta hand it to you, pretty impressive.

Mister Grafik
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Custom Title: spliff ninja
Has bestowed Karma : 442 times
Received Karma : 319 times

Post by Mister Grafik »

roller24 wrote:
Wed Jul 07, 2021 1:24 pm
I gotta hand it to you, pretty impressive.
Although life got in the way of the height of this years sunflowers..

f7's
Sunflower-43.jpg
.: the underdog is my dawg :.

anu
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Has bestowed Karma : 4 times
Received Karma : 16 times

Post by anu »

i feel better now about the giant bag of perlite i bought last year,i was ready an hour ago to either start a movement against plastic pot makers who don't make enuff holes in the bottom(is that just{planned obso,
thank you Grafik i'm gonna start many sunflowers indoors next year,all of my camo-fence was eaten by slugs before it got going,i had plenty of time to start more and i didn't cuz i'm fkn lazy, the landlord was here yesterday and didn't even check out my chicken area... and thanks for confi
rming some auto info.
The notion of collective ownership implies a democratic approach to the utilization of resources - economic democracy.

Mister Grafik
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Custom Title: spliff ninja
Has bestowed Karma : 442 times
Received Karma : 319 times

Post by Mister Grafik »

Hey there Anu ~

A big bag of perlite will last quite some time. Note: you can put a layer in the bottome of pots and this will help air prune lower roots as they try to reach out of those holes. Preventing/prolonging a plant becoming rootbound. Coco coir it won't matter all that much but I will do this anyways. Plants love to engulf coco without much bondage.

I'm glad you found something useful. Hopefully most of the pics loaded. I can't see if I posted the sunflower from the solo cup or not, followed by the transplant. Would be cool if you do some sunflowers but really, you canplant most nutrient loving plants in a sip (Sub Irrigated Planter).

In my opinion Sub irrigation is pretty neat. Hard to beat too. Maybe next..
You can use any container really as long as it's not see through.

For example I would split a 30 gallon tote with the center divider being perlite (just like the channel I used in this trash bin). 15 gallons of my soil mix on each side and two auto flowers. I've been trying a few different things out but far from confident enough to share. Working on something I call 'eight-trays'.

Closing in on getting some new lights and finishing a few loose ends and I'll probably post some other bins in here.

Thanks for commenting ~

:emp:
.: the underdog is my dawg :.