Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

WHAB: Still Forming Woodworking Shop & Future Grow Resid

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

Butcher Bob wrote:
WhiteHotAfterburner wrote:Also, about those New Arrivals...

I'm having trouble with the idea of putting them in the grow space - Veg Space currently - with the girls seeing as the new arrivals are unsexed.

The idea of putting potential Males in with Girls has be a bit concerned. I've never done it.

Can someone, anyone, recommend a fool-proof way of putting unsexed plants in with known Females and not screwing up the girls I'm going to Flower, just to determine IF the unsexed new arrivals are Males or not?
Throw them all in, you have plenty of time before things go to seed. :wink:

If you've no plans for males, you can just remove them as their balls drop (exhibit male pre-flowers). You have aboot a 5 to 7 day window before they will drop any pollen. In veg, neither sex will have enough flower material to produce many seeds, even with identified males left in. In flower, you have those 5 days once they show to catch 'em before they blow their load. Even plants you have identified as "female", you are going to want to continuously check for balls throughout flower...just in case you have any that hermi on you. Once you've run a seedling all the way through flower, you will know for certain the sexual identity of any clones of that plant.

I'm assuming you're chopping any males. If you want males for seed production, you will need a separate flowering space for them...unless you want to seed all the females.
Hey there Brother Bob! :wave:

Yeah, no 'plan' to intentionally produce seeds :winky:

Thank you for the advice. You assuaged my trepidation! :tup:

Appreciate ya, man! :tup:

:puffpass:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

WHAB's Ebb & Flow Upgrade In Progress!

I was away for quite some time. I kicked back for a 'little' while. I have not been in the space yet today (now yesterday). I don't know what I'm going to find! :wink:

When I was going back in to safety wire the hoses and try to tighten the bulkhead fittings I got to thinking about things and IF I'm going to do this I had better do it now..

The sides of the Poly are still being severely sucked in - good and bad.
Veg Space 0092 0515021.jpg
I tried to pull that tape off the other day to get in there to secure the cleat I put down there to hold the Poly. I couldn't get it to come off. Granted I didn't relentlessly tug at it for a day! :winky:

And, this corner has been there from day one. I did have to tape off some light leaks back then. Now it's pulled away. It's held up until today. Man, that AC Infinity 6" Inline Fan is a sucking Mother! :grin:
Veg Space 0093 0515021.jpg
I'm installing my second Doran Dark Room "Light Tight" Light-Proofed vent on the other side of the space.
Veg Space 0094 0515021.jpg
Veg Space 0097 0515021.jpg
Veg Space 0098 0515021.jpg
Veg Space 0099 0515021.jpg
It's going here, in the lower left rectangle...
Veg Space 0095 0515021.jpg
Veg Space 0095 0515021.jpg (1.12 MiB) Viewed 909 times
Once I get this installed and I'll be down there anyway, I'll safety wire the hoses on both ends AND dump the Reservoir and prepare a FloraKleen solution with some H202.

They say to let it run for 2 hours. I can't make sense of that with this system UNLESS I take the Controller offline and manually Fill and Drain for 2 hours :confused: :crazy:

I'll let that run through until later today. They'll I'll scrub the Res out with a Bleach solution, rinse it thoroughly and get some Flower Nutes in it.

Barring any further unforeseen setbacks, I expect to flip to Flower later today.

I will either have to reset the Intermatic DT620 timer I'm using now OR set another "Outdoor" Intermatic HB880R 15-Amp 7 Day timer I have - that's 'likely' what I'll do.

I'm going to buy another Intermatic DT620 timer and keep one for Veg and one for Flower.

See ya on the flip side when I call it an early day!

:roflmao:

:smoke:,
WHAB

mistergrafik

Post by mistergrafik »

WhiteHotAfterburner wrote:
I kicked back for a 'little' while.

WHAB
Ok! Now we’re talkin! We are in the kick back club now!

:smoke:

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

mistergrafik wrote:
I kicked back for a 'little' while.

WHAB
Ok! Now we’re talkin! We are in the kick back club now!

:smoke:
Except for the past hour I've been hard-chargin' since that last post! :winky:

I've been trying to get one picture to transfer and it is just refusing to!

Now, I have one more thing to do and they I can try and get some rest for the Flip later on today.

Kick Back Club! I like it, man!

WHAB

mistergrafik

Post by mistergrafik »

mistergrafik wrote:
Kick Back Club! I like it, man!

WHAB
Welcome, my man.
Now I assume ur aware of the rules... :smoke:

THe-First-Rule.jpg
THe-First-Rule.jpg (8.08 KiB) Viewed 895 times
Happy Saturday ~ Looking forward to the flip.

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

WHAB's Ebb & Flow Upgrade In Progress and Flush for Flower!

I got everything I said above done - EXCEPT for one important matter!

First, there was no evidence of any leaking when I got in there! :tup: But, I 'may' have caused a potentially leaky problem! 'Maybe'.

Got the framing in...
Veg Space 0100 0515021.jpg
*While the above is for the Doran passive intake, I will do something similar when I get a water spigot up in the loft.*

Got the second passive intake in... (yes, I accidentally started the X cut in the wrong spot! "I missed it by that much!") I fixed it using Lrus's idea...yes, it was a slash, but it ran right next to a partial stud that had 2 staples also pulled through. Thank, Lrus! :tup:
Veg Space 0101 0515021.jpg
I got all the safety wiring done. And, yes, it looks like the rubber gaskets had relaxed. I got at least a 1/2 turn on every bulkhead fitting. Here I'm showing some minor leaking, seeping...not at the buckets, at the Controller bucket. The one on the far right, the first bucket in the line-up was putting some side pressure on the fitting on the controller. I corrected that problem and will keep checking it, at least for a while.
Veg Space 0102 0515021.jpg
I added another cleat in this corner. That pulled it nice and tight!
Veg Space 0103 0515021.jpg
Veg Space 0103 0515021.jpg (1.34 MiB) Viewed 893 times
I added a support to this corner, too. It was a little different as I had to add a cleat to the top and bottom to hold the support. It's a concrete wall there. Nothing is over there in that corner. Actually, I have been keeping a empty 5 gallon bucket in that corner for me. To work on things sitting down IF I can. To rest my back IF I can. And, a perch to admire the lovely ladies from! There's barely enough room for anyone but it's enough for me! As a secondary benefit, putting that Poly support in there it also put that Poly back in place. All I had to do was re-stick the aluminum foil tape. I will keep an eye on that, too! I do have some minor light leaks. Several staple holes that had previously pulled out of the Poly and holes I poked through the Poly moving the Light Cage out so I could work in there and then again when I put it back in. Not bad, but IF it's supposed to be Light Tight, then it'll be light tight!
Veg Space 0104 0515021.jpg
Then, I did dump and clean the Reservoir. There was hardly any algae in there. In fact, I wouldn't even consider it algae. It was more like algae residual. Algae carcasses? :winky: It was just a light, thin layer in some parts of the bottom of the Res.
Veg Space 0105 0515021.jpg
I did, however, take the Res to the tub. I blasted it with scalding water. I mixed a 1/4 Ultra Bleach to water solution and got inside the Res, head and shoulders and all the way to my waist. I scrubbed it really well! At one point I got to thinking, can a human be overcome by breathing concentrated Bleach? I haven't looked but it sounds vaguely familiar. Regardless, I had to get in there to get it out.

"Got to get in to get out" :winky:

Rinsed it out thoroughly with scalding water.

Put it back in place. Added 2 cups of FloraKleen and 2 cups of H202 to 40 gallons.
Veg Space 0106 0515021.jpg
Veg Space 0106 0515021.jpg (1.04 MiB) Viewed 893 times
Gonna let that run until I can get around to dumping that out and refill with Flower Nutes and let'r rip tater-chip!

I programmed the other Intermatic HB880R 15-Amp Timer. She's ready.

About that 'potential' leak I 'may' have created?

I started with the safety wiring and tightening the bulkhead fittings in the back left corner. I got to the 3rd or 4th bucket and decided to see if I could get some more twist on that first bucket. I popped a thread. I over-tightened it and heard and felt it pop the thread. I re-tightened it as much as I felt was possible without further damaging that bulkhead fitting. IF it leaks badly I'll have to remove and replace it.

I got the Light Cage installed.

However, as I was stapling it to the ceiling I started smelling something. I automatically looked at my shirt to see IF I was steaming ironing it AGAIN - nope. The only think I could think of it possibly being was that X brace I put in the cage to help it hold its shape better, since the bottom is unsupported and open. I'm pretty sure the wood was heating up! I will still use it, I'll just have to keep it farther down the cage, farther away from that blazingly hot bulb!

Now, that 'important matter'?

As I'm standing above the Reservoir admiring my work, I realized I had NOT pH'd it!

I had it to a pH of 6.1 before the Fill pump started.

I hope you're all making it a great day! :tup:

WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

mistergrafik wrote:
WhiteHotAfterburner wrote: Kick Back Club! I like it, man!

WHAB
Welcome, my man.
Now I assume ur aware of the rules... :smoke:

THe-First-Rule.jpg
Happy Saturday ~ Looking forward to the flip.
Happy Saturday, bru!

I must have walked in to the wrong club.

I was told this was a Swing Club.

No, not a Swingers Club, a Swing Club!

Backs away slowly, not turning my back to anyone!

:grin:,
WHAB

mistergrafik

Post by mistergrafik »

Hahah!!!

That was a good one Mr. WHAB

Enjoy ur weekend mi compadre :smoke:

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 929 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

WhiteHotAfterburner wrote:Yeah, no 'plan' to intentionally produce seeds :winky:

Thank you for the advice. You assuaged my trepidation! :tup:
Once you've dealt with a few males, you will feel completely at ease aboot it.
The hardest part is not having experienced it. Once you do, you're going to be...pfft, that was easy. :p

I try to read everything...answer what I can...but a lot of what you are doing is outside my realm...so I just watch the show. :)

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1111 times
Received Karma : 1741 times

Post by Lrus007 »

here is a good trick i came up with myself.
get a battery type black light. when room is dark.
look around with the black light. the nanners will
glow. makes looking for them easy.
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.