Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

WHAB: Still Forming Woodworking Shop & Future Grow Residence

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

Butcher Bob wrote:
WhiteHotAfterburner wrote:I was not aware of the stress color issue you mention. Interesting!
In my experience, their are strains that have reddish pigmentation in the stems. But if you see someone else's pic of the same strain (or same cut if you're lucky) and it's green, then the redness is a general symptom of stress. It could simply be from the recent changes the plants have gone through. Considering the improvement in the leaves and new growth, I wouldn't worry aboot the stem color yet. If it persists, and normal color should be green, then you might have some fine tuning to do. Unfortunately, being a general symptom of stress, there's no real indication of what's causing that stress. For that you will have to look for other factors to provide a clue. If OJ has those cuts, compare with his pics as to what they should look like. Overall, I'd say you're solidly on the right track. :tup:
Well, there is no doubt I have abused these girls. I've abused them so much that they should have switched party's by now, if there is any truth in that belief! :winky:

And, no doubt I have A LOT of fine tuning to do.

Comparing mine to Oldjoints, even if from the same cut, taken at the same time, is hardly fair...

Oldjoints has some catchin' up to do! :roflmao:

Thanks, brother...I always appreciate your contributions! :tup:

:puffpass:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

WHAB: Still Forming Woodworking Shop & Future Grow Resid

deran wrote:nice bushy forest you got there going on
i love all the pics, makes me feel like im at your place within the jungle
Nice of you to say, friend! :tup:

You are welcome any time for an in-home (1924 Brick Schoolhouse) tour and tasting session! :winky:

I am very glad you like the pictures and feel they are immersive! Very :smoke:!

Thank you for your kind words and for chiming in! :tup:

WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

rSin wrote:there are plants that produce better yeilds due to stress. grapes grow for wine being one. some growers place microphones in their feilds as the vine emit a tone when stressed which make their watering automatic to the stress intended

marijuana has been all about yield weight for so very long

perhaps stressing could reveal character traits we havnt seen before?

id kina think so as, we can percieve differnt characteristics in strains having the same tested cannaboid distrubutions, right?
An interesting post there, friend! Intriguing observations.

As to your question, I couldn't tell ya.

I defer to the experts! :grin:

Thank you for your input, brother! :tup:

WHAB

Roots

Post by Roots »

Those should have been flipped a week ago....remember they will still grow for the first 15- 20 days of flower.

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Roots wrote:Those should have been flipped a week ago....remember they will still grow for the first 15- 20 days of flower.
You are correct, they should have been flipped...maybe not a week ago but very near to that.

I wasn't ready to receive them into Flower. I don't have the Reservoir in which to flip them. It's due in Tomorrow.

I didn't want to flip them into Flower in an essentially poisoned system. It is completely my fault that it didn't happen when it should have happened.

Thank you for your input, Roots ... It is greatly appreciated, sincerely!

Regards,
WHAB

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1111 times
Received Karma : 1742 times

Post by Lrus007 »

your right
never put a sick plant into bud.
take care of problems in grow stage.
keep up the good work
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Lrus007 wrote:your right
never put a sick plant into bud.
take care of problems in grow stage.
keep up the good work
Thank you...and, thank you, Lrus! :smoke:

My only concern now is how to get the Garbage Girls (algae fed, so to speak) into a new system without bringing that problem to the new system. I'm not sure IF I need to physically flush them again like I did the last time or not. I'm not entirely sure how well that helped in getting rid of it, I just floated (literally floated) them multiple times in their buckets with warmish tap water. I just don't know. Researching more now...

I did just buy the oxygen system I have planned for it.
Air Pump Airstones Air Line 0001 05062021.jpg
The only length shorter than 100 feet I found was 39 feet and I don't think that will be enough for 6 buckets.

:tup:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Someone decided to change MY plans! :roflmao:

The new Ebb&Flow Controller Bucket was due in tonight. I was expecting it tonight. It's not coming tonight!
Multi Flow Hydroponics Ebb and Flow Controller Brain Unit 0002 05072021.jpg
Multi Flow Hydroponics Ebb and Flow Controller Brain Unit 0002 05072021.jpg (132.36 KiB) Viewed 941 times
I've completed the Cloning Machine II (except, somehow, I'm still 1 stainless steel nut and 1 stainless steel lock washer short of complete :facepalm: :roflmao:).

I've started on the long (tall) East wall. I can only build 1/2 of it as the air conditioner and existing controller bucket are in the way and I can't move those until I'm ready to take the P&S (Poly Shield) down, then put it back up for the new footprint. First I have to get up there and trim the original 1924 tongue & groove floor boards off at the edge of the loft floor. They were all hanging long over the edge - for some reason! :confused:

I did buy 2 2x6x8 boards for the Truss Supporting Header on the East wall in anticipation that 'I might' soon be able to afford the lumber I'll need to build the Attic out as was my original plan. $14+ each :facepalm:.

I did determine that I can't rotate the grow space 90 degrees as I potentially envisioned. The attic ladder I installed prevents it. I know I can regain 8sf and potentially 16sf where it is located now - it will potentially increase to the footprint to 6x8 that I am hoping will provide a bit more room in the space.

The Air Pump and Airstones - arrive Monday (so I'm told! :roflmao:). I will be away, I have a Cardiac Stress Test scheduled.

The latest the air line is supposed to arrive is the 14th, with the window being May 12 - May 14.

I'm still not entirely sure how I am going to approach bringing algae'd plants into a new, clean system BUT I see a UVC light in my future! :grin:

I'm going to H020 flush them again when I make the move but I'm just 'hoping' that will kill it off.

I also bought some bleach today - AROCEP Ultra Bleach - whatever that is! :roflmao:
Arocep Ultra Bleach 0001 05072021.jpg
I'll use it to scrub the Reservoir out.

I 'might' consider sending some of this bleach through the system with the H020 flush. I have read elsewhere that it is possible in some of the research I did.

I took some pictures the day before yesterday but I received a guest and after they left I forgot to post the pictures! :roflmao:. I didn't take any today.

Lastly, I topped off the reservoir last night with 10 gallons of pH'd water and Mega Crop Parts A&B at Late Veg recipe. pH was 5.7 and E.C. was 1.6 (900ppms on 500 scale).

I hoping you're all making it a great night! :tup:

WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

WHAB: Houston, We Have A Problem...

We have failure to launch! :facepalm:

Well, this sucks on ice!

I received the GoHydro (Ebiz-Global) Ebb&Flow yesterday.

I got it assembled yesterday. I programmed it (12 12 minute Fill/Drain cycles (5 minutes to fill and equalize and 7 minutes to feed the plants) every 2 hours) last night.
GoHydro Ebb & Flow Controller 0001 05092021.jpg
I ran a test setup and their seems to be a problem with the Fill electrical receptacle.
GoHydro Ebb & Flow Controller 0002 05092021.jpg
I checked everything again. I don't see anything wrong. I tested the pump I had in the Fill position and the pump works.

I manually filled the controller and it did Drain on schedule as it should have.
GoHydro Ebb & Flow Controller 0005 05092021.jpg
I swapped the pumps out just to make sure I tried everything I could - that didn't change the situation.

Every time the Fill pump was supposed to come on the Air indicator light was lit as scheduled even though there wasn't anything plugged into that receptacle. On a subsequent test I plugged the Fill pump into the Air receptacle and it worked.
GoHydro Ebb & Flow Controller 0003 05092021.jpg
I just plugged in a electric outlet tester (I don't have a volt meter) and will have to wait for the next cycle to see if it lights up. I suspect it will not.
GoHydro Ebb & Flow Controller 0006 05092021.jpg
I'm tempted to take the back off of the brain and see IF someone failed to make the connections to that receptacle. But, I don't want to void any warranty.

I did contact the seller Ebiz-Global earlier today.

I had every intention of running 3/4 inch Fill & Drain lines in the controller. I even bought a pair of 3/4 inch Garden Hose Fittings in anticipation of doing that. The 2 pumps that came with the system came with additional nipples. It came with a 3/4 inch nipple. The system came with a sort of Fill/Drain manifold that is sized for 1/2 inch hose. I don't see how I can up-size the Fill/Drain portion of the system in the controller to 3/4 inch since it has this what would be a 1/2 inch restriction point.

Any suggestions I haven't tried are welcomed!

Happy Mothers Day to all you Mothers out there!

Make it a great day! :tup:

:smoke:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

WHAB's Ebb & Flow Upgrade In Progress!

The outlet tester did not light up on the next scheduled cycle :frown:

I couldn't resist. I took the back off.

Just as I suspected, someone failed to make the connection to that outlet! :facepalm: :frown:
GoHydro Ebb & Flow Controller 0007 05092021.jpg
GoHydro Ebb & Flow Controller 0008 05092021.jpg
GoHydro Ebb & Flow Controller 0009 05092021.jpg
Incredible!

Now I have to wait for the next scheduled Fill/Drain cycle to ensure it works (I'm sure it will - NOW! :facepalm:).

Then I need to catch up on the upgrade. I still haven't finished that tall wall.

:wave:,
WHAB