WHAB: Still Forming Woodworking Shop & Future Grow Residence

Growing in electric sunshine
mistergrafik

WHAB: Still Forming Woodworking Shop & Future Grow Resid

Post by mistergrafik »

WhiteHotAfterburner wrote:It 'was' in the Lounge. I put it there to promote discussion besides the grow portion of the thread - "WHAB: Still Forming Woodworking Shop...".

I thought it would be interesting to combine both discussions as I am sure there are people on the Cannabis grow sites as interested in the topic as I am.

It was moved. I'm okay with that. I was just trying to revive discussion on this site and I thought the Lounge would be a good spot for that.

Especially now, that I'm 'thinking' about starting the Cloning Machine II stand. Maybe I'll post in both, this thread and start a stand-alone Cloning Machine II Stand thread in the Lounge :winky:

Neon looking LED. Interesting! Your friend does do great work! Very nice!

:smoke:,
WHAB
I see... they tried to pull a shady one on you!
Ah who cares where you put it... a thread is a thread.
It’s your intentions that matter -

A few more hours and I will be able to join you and Old Joints over at Overgrow !

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

mistergrafik wrote:
WhiteHotAfterburner wrote:It 'was' in the Lounge. I put it there to promote discussion besides the grow portion of the thread - "WHAB: Still Forming Woodworking Shop...".

I thought it would be interesting to combine both discussions as I am sure there are people on the Cannabis grow sites as interested in the topic as I am.

It was moved. I'm okay with that. I was just trying to revive discussion on this site and I thought the Lounge would be a good spot for that.

Especially now, that I'm 'thinking' about starting the Cloning Machine II stand. Maybe I'll post in both, this thread and start a stand-alone Cloning Machine II Stand thread in the Lounge :winky:

Neon looking LED. Interesting! Your friend does do great work! Very nice!

WHAB
I see... they tried to pull a shady one on you!
Ah who cares where you put it... a thread is a thread.
It’s your intentions that matter -

A few more hours and I will be able to join you and Old Joints over at Overgrow !
No, nothing 'shady' about it MPG folks are anything but shady...

Didn't you come here from Overgrow 2.0? What do you mean you're waiting to be able to post over there?

:rollitiup:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

WHAB's Ebb & Flow Upgrade In Progress!

WhiteHotAfterburner wrote:In preparation of the upgraded Ebb & Flow system I routed out the lids of the new 100% opaque black 5 gallon buckets. These lids are a one-time use to accept the 2 gallon inner buckets in the grow space now.

I did find some of my router accessories, specifically the starting pin. I used it as a guide instead of the F clamp I used the last time. It is a lead pin allowing you to get a good start when addressing the cutter. I still fell out of the line a couple of times :wink:
The attachment Ebb&Flow 0006 04292021.jpg is no longer available
The attachment Ebb&Flow 0007 04292021.jpg is no longer available
Then the aftermath :winky: (this was with me vacuuming up the top surfaces each time :winky:)
The attachment Ebb&Flow 0008 04292021.jpg is no longer available
The attachment Ebb&Flow 0009 04292021.jpg is no longer available
The attachment Ebb&Flow 0010 04292021.jpg is no longer available
Again, it threw plastic more than 6 feet to the left. A bit messy but I think it is the best way I had to accomplish the task. I intentionally made the holes just a smidge smaller than the holes I cut in the blue lids. The 2 gallon buckets fit snugly in the lids. That 'may' present a problem down the road. They 'may' be difficult to remove once their in their new home IF I need to remove them for any reason. But, again, these cut-out lids are a one time use in the new Flower system.

I bought 12 netpots for the next grow that will take the plants from the Veg stage in the 2 gallon buckets then those netpots will go right onto the 5 gallon buckets (Tentatively :winky:).

I bought the netpots from Home Depot - they had the best price that included shipping. $29.93

Their tracking page was showing a delivery date of 04/29/2021 - today. Now the Home Depot page is showing...

"Just Shipped!

Tracking details will be available once the package arrives at the UPS facility. Please check back soon!"

UPS tracking was showing same delivery date. Now shows...

"Estimated delivery

Check back tomorrow for an updated delivery date."

I placed the order on 04/20/2021 (coincidentally :winky:). They've had it since 04/20.

Now I don't know when they'll arrive :frown:

I forgot to check the plants just prior to Lights On...

After I do a cleanup of the plastic debris, I am going to go up and check things in the Veg space and the new arrivals, then I'm going to start processing the 5 gallon buckets to accept the 3/4 inch bulkhead fittings I bought for them.

I've also tentatively decided to use some of the treated 2x4's for the long wall, the East wall, where the systems are currently located. The one I have here at the 1924 Schoolhouse that I was going to use is 14+ feel long, and decided not to use it because it is treated and I thought that would be wasteful. I haven't looked at the pile for a while. I am assuming it is all still there! :winky:

I don't have any plans of building any 'real' structure outdoors as of now and with the price of lumber I don't have much choice. I want that wall studded out so I can better utilize that space and at the same time get the controller bucket in the conditioned space. Along with the East wall, I also want at least the short wall, the South wall, studded out so I can better run the P&S. I am 'planning' to put the controller bucket right in front to air conditioner outlet duct to keep it cool.

IF I am unable to build the attic out for a Flower room I am thinking I 'might' be able to do both - Veg and Flower - in the loft BUT, I don't really want buckets of liquid right above where I bed down :winky: :grin:

When I reconfigured the buckets in the Veg space 2 buckets did leak. I went up and adjusted the fittings in the bucket and I thought I had corrected the problem. I had not :roflmao: The cardboard it was dripping on got waterlogged and wasn't making a dripping sound when it hit it. It was still leaking but I didn't know it, the waterlogged cardboard acted as a silencer! :roflmao: When I discovered I had not corrected the problem I grabbed to 2 remaining new 1/2 grommets and that fixed it.

IF I do wind up building out the loft to do double duty, I am going to try and either waterproof the floor up there or create a diverter of some sort to drain into a bucket under the loft, near where I bed down and HOPEFULLY not drain on where I bed down! :roflmao:.

:wave:,
WHAB
Even now, Home Depot and UPS are showing the exact same information they showed the other day...
Their tracking page was showing a delivery date of 04/29/2021 - today. Now the Home Depot page is showing...

"Just Shipped!

Tracking details will be available once the package arrives at the UPS facility. Please check back soon!"

UPS tracking was showing same delivery date. Now shows...

"Estimated delivery

Check back tomorrow for an updated delivery date."
And yet....
Ebb and Flow Netpots 0001 05012021.jpg
...here they be!

:jerkinit: :roflmao:

:roflmao:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

WHAB Vegetative Grow Loft

Veg Day 34...

I just bumped up their nutes.

I mixed up another 5 gallon bucket of pH'd (5.8) water with Mega Crop's "Late Veg" recipe at full strength (2.5 grams of each A & B component) which resulted with an E.C. of 1.8 (900ppm on 500 scale) in the bucket...
Veg Day 34 0027 05012021.jpg
Veg Day 34 0028 05012021.jpg
...and with that in the reservoir it resulted in an E.C. bouncing between 1.2 / 1.4 = 1.3 ( (650ppm on the 500 scale) and a pH of 5.7.
Veg Day 34 0029 05012021.jpg
Veg Day 34 0029 05012021.jpg (911.98 KiB) Viewed 1013 times
Veg Day 34 0030 0501021.jpg
I also added 1-3/4 cup of H020 into the 30 gallons mix.

I received 12 of these today...(they won't go into service until the next run but, they're here when they are needed).
Ebb and Flow Netpots 0001 05012021.jpg
Although apprehensively (letting that much cash go through my fingers is anxiety inducing! :roflmao:), after wrestling with myself over the expenditure :roflmao:, I did buy this the other day...
Multi Flow Hydroponics Ebb and Flow Controller Brain Unit 0001A 05012021.jpg
Shipping was 39+ to receive it between May 10th/May14th. I paid an additional $20 to get it here between May 5th and May 10th.

Except for an air pump, air hose and airstones, as soon as I get the controller, I will have what I need to set it up for Flower. I will add the air system as soon as I can.

While mowing today, I scouted outdoor grow sites. There are 2 I'm sure will be excellent. One site I really like is tucked into a treeline with openings between the trees to the East and West, it will get Sun most of the day. This is one of the sites I had in my mind when I pondered it but I didn't think it would be as good as what I saw today.

I have set my alarm to wake up before sunrise to make sure what I think will happen is sure to happen.

:puffpass:,
WHAB
Last edited by WhiteHotAfterburner on Sun May 02, 2021 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1113 times
Received Karma : 1744 times

Post by Lrus007 »

nice
i swear the check is in the mail !!
:whistle:
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Lrus007 wrote:nice
i swear the check is in the mail !!
:whistle:
I'm counting on it, my friend!

:volcano:

:roflmao:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Slym3r wrote:By far the coolest journal ive read in two years of reading these!!!
I can't remember IF I responded to this or not. IF I had not - apologies. Thank You!

IF I had - post up, new friend!

WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

OH, I forgot - forgot :laugh:. I had to go lower the New Arrivals (except for the 1 DJ Short Blueberry, they're unsexed), they were touching the lights...
Unsexed Arrivals DJ Short Blueberry 0001 05012021.jpg
Unsexed Arrivals DJ Short Blueberry 0001 05012021.jpg (1.3 MiB) Viewed 996 times
Unsexed Arrivals DJ Short Blueberry 0002 05012021.jpg
I verified the Sun's entrance upon this topography! I also used this opportunity to verify an app called Sun Position. It tracks the path the Sun takes in real time. Looks great! The Sun came up a lot farther North than I anticipated.

:rollitiup:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Veg Day 35...
Veg Day 35 0056 0502021.jpg
Veg Day 35 0052 0502021.jpg
Veg Day 35 0052 0502021.jpg (916.92 KiB) Viewed 989 times
Veg Day 35 0051 0502021.jpg
Group photos...
Veg Day 35 0032 0502021.jpg
Veg Day 35 0033 0502021.jpg
Raspberry Cough (Saggy Sally :winky: ) - She's growing. She's 28 inches today. Also, she's A LOT less saggy with Lights On - she perks right up! *A little blurry - apologies!*
Veg Day 35 0034 0502021.jpg
Veg Day 35 0035 0502021.jpg
I completely forgot to get pictures of the other Raspberry Cough. It is being hidden by the other 2 plants on that side! :roflmao:. She's doing quite well. I'll get it next time :winky:.

Blueberry (Dutch Passion) She’s 31 inches today.
Veg Day 35 0036 0502021.jpg
Veg Day 35 0037 0502021.jpg
The Extended Edition! :winky:

WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie