Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

WHAB Vegetative Grow Loft

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

Veg Day 31...
Veg Day 31 0003 04282021.jpg
E.C. bouncing between .8 and 1.0 = .9 = 450ppm's (on 500 scale).
Veg Day 31 0005 04282021.jpg
Veg Day 31 0004 04282021.jpg
Raspberry Cough (Saggy Sally :winky:) - She's growing. She's 24-1/2 inches today.
Veg Day 31 0006 04282021.jpg
Veg Day 31 0007 04282021.jpg
Raspberry Cough
Veg Day 31 0008 04282021.jpg
Veg Day 31 0009 04282021.jpg
Blueberry (Dutch Passion) She’s 27-1/2 inch. I took pictures of them with a yard stick but the perspective was wrong.
Veg Day 31 0010 04282021.jpg
Veg Day 31 0011 04282021.jpg
Continued...

WHAB
Last edited by WhiteHotAfterburner on Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Blueberry (Dutch Passion)
Veg Day 31 0012 04282021.jpg
Veg Day 31 0013 04282021.jpg
Tangerine Dream x C99
Veg Day 31 0014 04282021.jpg
Veg Day 31 0015 04282021.jpg
Tangerine Dream x C99
Veg Day 31 0016 04282021.jpg
Veg Day 31 0017 04282021.jpg
The Wee Ones - Tangerine Dream x C99 I've been misidentifying this one. It is a Raspberry Cough. (my apologies!)
Veg Day 31 0020 04282021.jpg
Veg Day 31 0021 04282021.jpg
Blueberry (Dutch Passion)
Veg Day 31 0018 04282021.jpg
Veg Day 31 0019 04282021.jpg
This follow-up took a little extra time because I kept bumping up against an "General Error" screen.. :confused: :frown:

Make it a great night! :tup:

:rollitiup:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

I just bumped up their nutes

I mixed up a 5 gallon bucket of pH'd (5.8) water with Mega Crop's "Late Veg" recipe at full strength (2.5 grams of each A & B component) which resulted with an E.C. of 1.6 in the bucket...
Veg Day 32 0024 04282021.jpg
Veg Day 32 0023 04282021.jpg
Veg Day 32 0023 04282021.jpg (874.23 KiB) Viewed 1053 times
...and put that in the reservoir which resulted in an E.C. of 1.2 (600ppm on the 500 scale) and a pH of 6.
Veg Day 32 0026 04282021.jpg
Veg Day 32 0025 04282021.jpg
:rockon:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

WHAB's Ebb & Flow Upgrade In Progress!

In preparation of the upgraded Ebb & Flow system I routed out the lids of the new 100% opaque black 5 gallon buckets. These lids are a one-time use to accept the 2 gallon inner buckets in the grow space now.

I did find some of my router accessories, specifically the starting pin. I used it as a guide instead of the F clamp I used the last time. It is a lead pin allowing you to get a good start when addressing the cutter. I still fell out of the line a couple of times :wink:
Ebb&Flow 0006 04292021.jpg
Ebb&Flow 0007 04292021.jpg
Then the aftermath :winky: (this was with me vacuuming up the top surfaces each time :winky:)
Ebb&Flow 0008 04292021.jpg
Ebb&Flow 0009 04292021.jpg
Ebb&Flow 0010 04292021.jpg
Again, it threw plastic more than 6 feet to the left. A bit messy but I think it is the best way I had to accomplish the task. I intentionally made the holes just a smidge smaller than the holes I cut in the blue lids. The 2 gallon buckets fit snugly in the lids. That 'may' present a problem down the road. They 'may' be difficult to remove once their in their new home IF I need to remove them for any reason. But, again, these cut-out lids are a one time use in the new Flower system.

I bought 12 netpots for the next grow that will take the plants from the Veg stage in the 2 gallon buckets then those netpots will go right onto the 5 gallon buckets (Tentatively :winky:).

I bought the netpots from Home Depot - they had the best price that included shipping. $29.93

Their tracking page was showing a delivery date of 04/29/2021 - today. Now the Home Depot page is showing...

"Just Shipped!

Tracking details will be available once the package arrives at the UPS facility. Please check back soon!"

UPS tracking was showing same delivery date. Now shows...

"Estimated delivery

Check back tomorrow for an updated delivery date."

I placed the order on 04/20/2021 (coincidentally :winky:). They've had it since 04/20.

Now I don't know when they'll arrive :frown:

I forgot to check the plants just prior to Lights On...

After I do a cleanup of the plastic debris, I am going to go up and check things in the Veg space and the new arrivals, then I'm going to start processing the 5 gallon buckets to accept the 3/4 inch bulkhead fittings I bought for them.

I've also tentatively decided to use some of the treated 2x4's for the long wall, the East wall, where the systems are currently located. The one I have here at the 1924 Schoolhouse that I was going to use is 14+ feel long, and decided not to use it because it is treated and I thought that would be wasteful. I haven't looked at the pile for a while. I am assuming it is all still there! :winky:

I don't have any plans of building any 'real' structure outdoors as of now and with the price of lumber I don't have much choice. I want that wall studded out so I can better utilize that space and at the same time get the controller bucket in the conditioned space. Along with the East wall, I also want at least the short wall, the South wall, studded out so I can better run the P&S. I am 'planning' to put the controller bucket right in front to air conditioner outlet duct to keep it cool.

IF I am unable to build the attic out for a Flower room I am thinking I 'might' be able to do both - Veg and Flower - in the loft BUT, I don't really want buckets of liquid right above where I bed down :winky: :grin:

When I reconfigured the buckets in the Veg space 2 buckets did leak. I went up and adjusted the fittings in the bucket and I thought I had corrected the problem. I had not :roflmao: The cardboard it was dripping on got waterlogged and wasn't making a dripping sound when it hit it. It was still leaking but I didn't know it, the waterlogged cardboard acted as a silencer! :roflmao: When I discovered I had not corrected the problem I grabbed to 2 remaining new 1/2 grommets and that fixed it.

IF I do wind up building out the loft to do double duty, I am going to try and either waterproof the floor up there or create a diverter of some sort to drain into a bucket under the loft, near where I bed down and HOPEFULLY not drain on where I bed down! :roflmao:.

:wave:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

WHAB Vegetative Grow Loft - Veg...

6 buckets processed.

I measured 1.2 inches from the very bottom of the outside of the bucket which placed the body of the 3/4 inch bulkhead fitting butt up against the bottom of the inside of the bucket, as seen in the first picture below. That's for a bulkhead fitting with at width (on the 'flat', not the nibs on the body) of 1.77 (splitting the difference of previous measurement). That puts the through-hole for the fitting 5/32nds inch (0.156 inch) from the very bottom of the inside of the bucket.
Ebb&Flow 0012 04292021.jpg
Ebb&Flow 0013 04292021.jpg
Ebb&Flow 0014 04292021.jpg
That's ready to go, in this iteration.

Just fyi, I had considered putting the bulkhead fittings on the bottom of these buckets and drilling holes through the floor of the loft to get the last little bit of nutrients/water out of the buckets on the Drain cycle. But, I couldn't work it out in my head how best to get it back in the Controller bucket to send it back to the Reservoir. The Controller bucket will be approximately where it is now, on the loft. Unless the controller is taken off the loft and put on the main floor I don't see a good way of doing that. Especially since I'd 'like' to have the controller bucket in the conditioned space.

I only processed 6 of the new 100% opaque 5 gallon buckets because there is a chance that after running this new system for a while I 'might' decide there is a better way as mentioned above.

Next I am going to finish up with the Cloning Machine II and try to get it up in the loft and likely start on the stand for it I have in my Thought Process Machine :winky: - I may just use the unused 2 gallon buckets I already have up there as I mentioned previously. There is one problem with that and that is lighting. I'd like to take some clones off the girls in Veg now but those 2 foot long T5's is being used by the new unsexed arrivals. IF I get a chance I'll buy those 4 foot long lights @Dequilo recommended and is using with great success.

However, @Roots graciously sent me this...
Ebb&Flow 0015 04292021.jpg
Ebb&Flow 0016 04292021.jpg
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

...and I don't know with what I need to put it into use. In researching it I find that the once recommended Compact Fluorescent Fixture is no longer available, it's been discontinued. Everything I have found returns back to that discontinued fixture.

Does anyone know what I need to put that 95W CFL with a E39 base in to service?

Would something like this...(a E26 to E39 Adapter)
E26 to E39 Adapter 0001 04292021.jpg
https://www.amazon.com/DiCUNO-Adapter-C ... B07GZD3N4R" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...work? Is it as simple as that? I mean, I see the voltage is 120V so I know it can run off of a common power outlet. Is that what other growers are doing?

Oh, everything up in the loft is doing amazingly! :tup:

:puffpass:,
WHAB

mistergrafik

WHAB: Still Forming Woodworking Shop & Future Grow Resid

Post by mistergrafik »

Wish I was a sparky! I have no clue what you'd need..

Where is the Roots man? I'm sure he would know - Phone home :emp:

This reminds me though, I just got a few new LED's this morning I have to set up... Shit. Hey Prawn if u see this... I forgot to message you back about the UVB question but I still need another board! It has to come with MPG logo on it and a nice loyalty discount.

I opened this one already. It's going in the flower room for added trichomage.
LED_UPGRADE.jpg
'
Sorry for hijacking ur thread WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

mistergrafik wrote:Wish I was a sparky! I have no clue what you'd need..

Where is the Roots man? I'm sure he would know - Phone home :emp:

This reminds me though, I just got a few new LED's this morning I have to set up... Shit. Hey Prawn if u see this... I forgot to message you back about the UVB question but I still need another board! It has to come with MPG logo on it and a nice loyalty discount.

I opened this one already. It's going in the flower room for added trichomage.
LED_UPGRADE.jpg
'
Sorry for hijacking ur thread WHAB
Cool neon :smoke:. Not sure how much it will help with the attitude of your plants but I'm sure it sets the right attitude for many people, you included, it seems! :tup: :roflmao:

No apologies necessary, Mister G. This thread is open to one and all. I started it in the "Lounge" :winky:

:puffpass:,
WHAB

mistergrafik

Post by mistergrafik »

Ah wonderful. I hardly notice it was in the lounge -

Haha! Plants with attitude. Now that's something to consider!

While we are considering things... Considering the multiple applications for the four letter word, I thought it was a brilliant purchase.
Not neon but handmade LED from a friend of mine. Very creative guy.

FUCK that's a lot of trichomes.

FUCK that smells amazing.

To top it off... I'm the only one with one! Makes me feel like an OG.

* EDIT (ADD): I also have one that says FRESH. In Green and Blue instead of Red and White.

mistergrafik

Post by mistergrafik »

I just looked - It's not in the lounge.

I have been deceived! :grin:

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

It 'was' in the Lounge. I put it there to promote discussion besides the grow portion of the thread - "WHAB: Still Forming Woodworking Shop...".

I thought it would be interesting to combine both discussions as I am sure there are people on the Cannabis grow sites as interested in the topic as I am.

It was moved. I'm okay with that. I was just trying to revive discussion on this site and I thought the Lounge would be a good spot for that.

Especially now, that I'm 'thinking' about starting the Cloning Machine II stand. Maybe I'll post in both, this thread and start a stand-alone Cloning Machine II Stand thread in the Lounge :winky:

Neon looking LED. Interesting! Your friend does do great work! Very nice!

:smoke:,
WHAB