Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

WHAB: Still Forming Woodworking Shop & Future Grow Resid

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

Well that went better than I thought it would! :grin: :tup:

For some reason, probably because I've never used it here in the 1924 Schoolhouse, I only thought of my Bosch Router as an afterthought, when other options did not present themselves.

I made them longer slots than the hose is thick because I think the 3/4 inch plywood step-down will cover the opening of the slot on the bottom. I may have to add blocks to support the manifold plate.

Not an optimum setup, either....but it worked well enough!
Controller Hoses Manifold Plate 0001 03222021.jpg
Controller Hoses Manifold Plate 0002 03222021.jpg
Controller Hoses Manifold Plate 0003 03222021.jpg
Controller Hoses Manifold Plate 0004 03222021.jpg
I haven't tried it yet - :crossedfingers: :winky:

Here goes! :cantlook: :grin:

:smoke:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

It worked. It could be improved. The slots could be longer. I'll likely do that while I have the router set up.

But, after I put a blanket on top of the P&S on top of the hoses inside the space it completely blocked the light.
Controller Hoses Manifold Plate 0005 03222021.jpg
Controller Hoses Manifold Plate 0005 03222021.jpg (1.13 MiB) Viewed 1028 times
Controller Hoses Manifold Plate 0006 03222021.jpg
Controller Hoses Manifold Plate 0007 03222021.jpg
Controller Hoses Manifold Plate 0008 03222021.jpg
Controller Hoses Manifold Plate 0009 03222021.jpg
Controller Hoses Manifold Plate 0010 03222021.jpg
Controller Hoses Manifold Plate 0011 03222021.jpg
I feel better about closing the space in with that serious light leak remedied! There was no point in moving forward with closing it in if I couldn't close that leak.

:tup:

WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

I did route the slots longer. But, it looks like the manifold plate probably wasn't necessary at all. With the plush towel weighted down on the inside it looks like that is blocking the light leak all by itself.
Controller Hoses Manifold Plate 0012 03222021.jpg
Controller Hoses Manifold Plate 0013 03222021.jpg
Controller Hoses Manifold Plate 0013 03222021.jpg (1.15 MiB) Viewed 1028 times
Even knowing that, I made the slots deeper anyway!
Controller Hoses Manifold Plate 0014 03222021.jpg
Controller Hoses Manifold Plate 0015 03222021.jpg
Controller Hoses Manifold Plate 0016 03222021.jpg
Controller Hoses Manifold Plate 0017 03222021.jpg
The slots could go a little deeper still. Maybe or maybe not! :winky: Of course I will! :winky:

:wave:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

You would not believe how difficult this is doing this with only one person....wow! Besides handling about 12 foot of 6 foot wide material, doing it hunched over makes it twice as difficult, at least for me.

First I had to move the A/C unit. Instead of cutting that P&S away and running new P&S I just pivoted what I already had. It's not perfect but it will do for now. Until I get that long, East wall up.
Ready for Veg 0001 03232021.jpg
I cut a hole in the ceiling panel for the exhaust duct. The other hole to the right was where the hard-wired smoke alarm used to reside. Once I put that East wall up both of those holes will have to be blocked off. I've been keeping the cut out pieces for that purpose. I 'think' I'm going to cut another hole for the A/C Intake hose. I thought I had some 5 inch ducting hose. I don't. I have 4 inch ducting hose. I do have 3 pieces of 8 or 10 feet hard ducting.
Ready for Veg 0002 03232021.jpg
Then the view with it roughed in...
Ready for Veg 0003 03232021.jpg
This is what it looked like when I got it pivoted and the existing P&S roughed in. There is a wall-mount oscillating fan laying on the floor. It is now mounted to a stretcher board on that North wall that I had to make to avoid trying to hang the fan on the concrete (stucco). I thought I had taken a picture of it. Looks like I didn't. I ran the plastic on that North wall and mounted the fan on top of that.
Ready for Veg 0005 03232021.jpg

Then running the new P&S out and installing the Adhesive Backed VivoSun Zipper. I had to tuck the extra foot or so of the zipper under the plastic. I'm sure to trip on it! :grin:
Ready for Veg 0006 03232021.jpg
Ready for Veg 0007 03232021.jpg
Ready for Veg 0008 03232021.jpg
Ready for Veg 0009 03232021.jpg
I finished taping and stapling the loose cut ends of the plastic on the inside. I have to take care of some final light-proofing and will flip them to Veg at 12pm tomorrow. Lights off will be from 12pm to 6pm.

Back at it! :tup:

:rollitiup:

:wave:,
WHAB

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Post by bentech »

you should SERIOUSLY frame some of the knotholes...
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Post by bentech »

do those kinda drywall repairs all the time

we cut a wide strip of plywood that will just fit up into the hole
than lay its across above and run a pair of screws in each end on either side of the hole

cut your patch a bit underside so you can butter its edges
and the holes

if its the piece that actually came out

hit its edges with an agressive rasp

room for the butter...
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

bentech wrote:do those kinda drywall repairs all the time

we cut a wide strip of plywood that will just fit up into the hole
than lay its across above and run a pair of screws in each end on either side of the hole

cut your patch a bit underside so you can butter its edges
and the holes

if its the piece that actually came out

hit its edges with an agressive rasp

room for the butter...
Hey Ben! :wave:

Yeah, I've done those drywall repairs too. Fists or doorknob holes, mostly. Not my fist or my doorknob holes. I know better. I especially know better than to punch a fucking wall! :toker1:

IF I have to patch them, yes...I accept your guidance.

I'm not satisfied with these Luan ceiling panels. I want to replace all of it. IF I have to keep the Luan I'm still going to rework the trim and make it more like a lattice type ceiling...I'm not sure what to call it. I've called it lattice ceiling...but that doesn't seem like the right name.

Like this...
Screen+Shot+2015-04-30+at+4.28.05+PM.png
As soon as I acquire a device from which to reach this 11-1/2 foot ceiling, that is :winky:

Thanks, Ben! :tup:

WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

I tried to get up here last night to close the known light leaks...
Ready for Veg 0003 03232021.jpg
I couldn't get a proper foothold. Sketchy as hell! :grin: You can see the light leak in the corner above the A/C unit. Most of that was from staple holes from relocating that P&S plastic from where it was to where it is now.

I borrowed a ladder this morning and got it done...*gonna have to get me one of them there things! :winky:*
WHAB 1st Grow Veg 0008 03242021.jpg
I turned off the light so I could plug it into the Intermatic timer...

While the light was out I took a picture. Reminder - I screwed up. These plants probably shouldn't be alive at all. The plant just to the right of the Hygrometer is the one I thought was dead when I made the first transplant. It didn't die! :winky: The really wee ones are from the second transplant - they're still alive, somehow! :winky:
WHAB 1st Grow Veg 0003 03242021.jpg
WHAB 1st Grow Veg 0003 03242021.jpg (1.4 MiB) Viewed 984 times
There are 4 from the first transplant that are doing well, considering what I put them through. 2 more are trying hard!

Also, I noticed over the past 2 days that they were droopy. I think that's probably related to the high PPMs, which I questioned when I first mixed it up. I used the Mega Crop vegetative stage recipe that wound up registering 1000ppm. I diluted the nutes. I knocked it down to EC 1.4 (700 ppm) (still too high, imo). pH is as 5.9.

Also while I had the light off I happened to reach in there for the timer that I was keeping plugged into a power strip that is now inside the space and I noticed the seam I had taped previous was leaking. I would not have known that if I had not turn the light off.
WHAB 1st Grow Veg 0004 03242021.jpg
WHAB 1st Grow Veg 0005 03242021.jpg
The first time that timer has been put to work in more than a decade :woohoo: (see emphasis below :frown:) Somehow that timer has stayed with me through most of my moves (I think it was all my moves but I don't recall exactly), it's been plugged in for most of that time.
WHAB 1st Grow Veg 0006 03242021.jpg
I knotted the one cord around the other cord of the light to act as a 'strain relief'. I'll work on something better. I noticed when I first plugged the light into the timer the other day that the plug weighted the timer down on one side.
WHAB 1st Grow Veg 0007 03242021.jpg
***I started this before lights out. I wanted to report that the light was in fact off. The light didn't go out. I've been up there this whole time trying to figure it out :frown:***

Gonna get back at it :facepalm:

:frown:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Just a couple of things...

First; 2 weeks ago someone noticed my AcuRite Hygrometer in a picture I posted, with them telling me they had the exact same unit. I told them, yeah, I've had it more than a decade and I really like it. I bought it when I first started growing. I liked that I could see the conditions in the grow space without being in the space. One grow was in a crawl-space under a house that belonged to the owner of the property - I was just renting. But I lost that remote sensor when it quit working a few years ago and I told that person that I was going to try to find a replacement. After a good deal of research AcuRite's "Compatibility List" said a new 06002M remote sensor was the correct replacement. None of the lists I found included the W at the end of my model's alpha-numeric code, a 00592W. None of the models in the list had a letter extension.
AcuRite 00592W Hygrometer 0001 03262021.jpg
I tried to get it to pair up every way possible. I couldn't do it.

After my failed research, and my failed attempts to force it to work, I contacted AcuRite for assistance. I spent a great deal of time with them. They said I'd have to buy another main unit or go through Amazon for a refund. I then asked them to send me a compatible Hygrometer I could use with the new remote sensor I just bought. They weren't going for it! :roflmao: I tried! :winky: I finally got them to give me a 15% discount code good for 30 days on any purchase. I do own a few of their products.

One of the products of theirs that I own is their 5-in-1 Weather Station. The 01050 model. A few years ago I was informed the WiFi interface that I had that went with that weather station was being discontinued BUT that I could get a deal on the newest version of it. I bought it.

After all my research and an extended conversation with the Chat support, who never mentioned what I found. I went searching again determined there must be a way to see what was going on in the grow space without climbing into the loft every time.

I discovered the new remote sensor does pair with that new(er) AcuRite WiFi interface and I could see that remote sensor on my MyAcurite "Dashboard" on my desktop PC and the MyAcurite smartphone app.

Second; I built a frame for the Doran DV-99 Light Tight Darkroom Louver (vent) TWICE :grin: that is going in the grow space.
Doran DV99 Light Tight Darkroom Louver 0001 03262021.jpg
The fail...I tried to use one Kreg Pocket Hole screw coming from the wrong direction. I thought it would work, it didn't. The joint was loose and wonky. I didn't like it a bit.
Doran DV99 Light Tight Darkroom Louver 0002 03262021.jpg
The success...a typical Kreg joint.
Doran DV99 Light Tight Darkroom Louver 0003 03262021.jpg
The final product...
Doran DV99 Light Tight Darkroom Louver 0004 03262021.jpg
The reason for any of this post: I wanted to show the Doran Light Tight vent frame and it's installation AND to include the new AcuRite remote sensor. When I looked at the remote sensor on my PC to get a screenshot to post I saw that the temps were lower than what I would expect to see in a Lights On condition. The temps were way too low for the light to be on. I went up to the loft and the dang light is off. It shouldn't be off. I told the timer to turn the light off from 12pm to 6pm. I checked the programming and that's what I see. I don't know why the light is off. I don't know how long the light will be off.
5-In-1 Weather Station with New Remote Sensor 0001A 03262021.jpg
Without the new remote sensor and my finding out how to use it on my own, without help from AcuRite, I would not have known the light was off....I was going to bed!

Now, I have an appointment later today that I have to get up for a in a few hours. I won't be around for most of the day. I won't be able to physically monitor what's going on in the grow space.

I will be able to see how long the light is off - or on (hopefully)- by seeing the conditions in the grow space through remote sensor through the WiFi interface on my 5-in-1 Weather Station.

I was hoping to get the passive light-proof intake vent installed last night. That didn't happen. I'll try and get it installed when I get back tonight.

Make it a great day! :tup:

:beercheer:,
WHAB
Last edited by WhiteHotAfterburner on Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

WHAB's Still Forming Grow Space: Puzzled...

Puzzled...
5-In-1 Weather Station with New Remote Sensor 0002A 03262021.jpg
Going to force it on and try to figure it out when I get back... :frown:

Still, make it a great day! :tup:

:dunno:,
WHAB
Last edited by WhiteHotAfterburner on Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.