Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1115 times
Received Karma : 1746 times

WHAB: Still Forming Woodworking Shop & Future Grow Resid

Post by Lrus007 »

good job your working like a motherfucker.
i used to get beat up all the time judo and wresting.
for your back ice and tiger balm should help a bit.
looks good.
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

BOSTONBUD
Karma Whore
Karma Whore
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Received Karma : 1 time

Post by BOSTONBUD »

looking good my friend, I've installed a few of those attic stairs in my younger days. the worst is when you have a 9 or 10 foot ceiling. Heavy awkward and unwieldy.. in short they suck! I'm sure your glad that's done. I tip my hat to you ,nice job.
Seek not to be better than someone else, seek only to be better than thy former self.

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

Lrus007 wrote:good job your working like a motherfucker.
i used to get beat up all the time judo and wresting.
for your back ice and tiger balm should help a bit.
looks good.
Hello L! Good to see you! :wave: Thank you, man!

I was at the Drs. today. I meant to ask her to re-approve my Chiropractor appointments and it completely slipped my mind, somehow. I think them offer me the COVID vaccine in the AM threw me off my game! :winky:

Thanks for the king words, my friend! I hope all is well with you and yours! :tup:

:puffpass:

:smoke:,
WHAB

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1115 times
Received Karma : 1746 times

Post by Lrus007 »

i have found that a good massage worked better than a chiropractor.
you might want to give that a try. take care
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

BOSTONBUD wrote:looking good my friend, I've installed a few of those attic stairs in my younger days. the worst is when you have a 9 or 10 foot ceiling. Heavy awkward and unwieldy.. in short they suck! I'm sure your glad that's done. I tip my hat to you ,nice job.
Hey there BB! :wave:

"Heavy awkward and unwieldy"...ah, you are experienced! :winky:

This one was a little tough only because while it wasn't 9 or 10 high, that loft space is shorter than I stand. I was hunched over for nearly every minute of it. My back was cussing me out every minute of it! :grin:

Yes, extremely glad that is done! Just amazed no one saw a need for one prior to my putting one in, IF only for light storage. But, I was also the first one that saw a need for ceiling lights! :roflmao:

Now I need to get a piece of Luan (just as a test piece and I know there is some around here) to see what I can get up that attic ladder in one piece. I'm hoping 4x8s, but I don't know.

Thank you for your kind words also, my friend! I appreciate that! :tup:

I hope you're well and fine! :tup:

:puffpass:

WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Lrus007 wrote:i have found that a good massage worked better than a chiropractor.
you might want to give that a try. take care
I hear ya, my friend! I'll bring it up the next time I get the chance.

Thank you, Lrus! :tup:

WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

The ground was thawed, the rocks were not!

When I got back from my COVID vaccine shot we tackled the mailbox (would have been nice to have had when they shoved nearly 19lbs of Mega Crop fertilizer in the old one! :facepalm: :grin:).
Mailbox 0002 03202021.jpg
Mailbox 0002 03202021.jpg (784.25 KiB) Viewed 1063 times
I made the mailbox post on my brother's antique Stanley Mitre Box when I didn't have any of my tools here. The joint is half-lapped. It came out pretty well (Dang! I just noticed the stainless steel pyramid cap didn't get put on the post...gonna have to get that done!). The mailbox is attached to the post by a piece of nearly 100 year old Oak flooring joist out of the 1924 Schoolhouse. Still need to tamp the ground around it down some more. A beautiful day outdoors!

I tried to find these V V V locally. No avail. I tried 4 or 5 local "building supply" establishments :facepalm: I got these while I was 'in town' (a place nearly 1 hour away) getting my shot (1/2 hour total time (Including 15 minute hold), very efficient operation - Thank you VAMC!)...
WHAB 1st Grow Ducting 0001 03192021.jpg
Just waiting on the AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T6 6” Inline Duct Fan to match it up with! :winky:. I see it is sitting in that 'town' mentioned above. Hoping it will make it here tomorrow instead of Monday as Amazon and UPS are showing in their tracking.

Gonna get the loft cleaned up, along with the bench in the picture and the woodshop in general - more specifically, the loft, though....it's still thrashed.

Also, preparing to close up the space after getting the ventilation installed (it's sitting at 80°F with it opened up and that booster ran running). I'm still pondering how to increase the space, at least to the North wall, and close it up. 2 more days at max before I do close it up and switch the ladies to Veg. The first ones I put in the Ebb&Gro are coming around after I failed at trying to kill them! :crazy: :roflmao:. The one Tangerine Dream x C99 is bushing out!

WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Topped'er off!

My neighbors came out to check out my work!
Mailbox 0004 03202021.jpg
They Mooed in approval and just kept busily noshing away! :grin:

:puffpass:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

I've been dealing with my back issues since my last post. I did get my first line of security in place Saturday evening, a Schlage Double Cylinder Deadbolt. I still have to install the aftermarket Reinforced Striker Plate...just need to mortise it in. It uses 6 long screws that reach through the door jamb and in to the Jack Stud.
Dual Security Strike Plate 0002.jpg
IF you are unfamiliar (I know I've mentioned it here before, a refresher, then! :winky:), a Double Cylinder Deadbolt uses a key on both sides of the door. I have installed several in places where I have lived.
Schlage B62 Double Cylinder Grade 1 Deadbolt.jpg
Schlage B62 Double Cylinder Grade 1 Deadbolt.jpg (25.49 KiB) Viewed 1054 times
IF a thief does gain entry into your space, they'll pile up their loot at the door but when they try to exit out that door (or any door so equipped) they realize they need a key, which they don't have, to get out. They are left with having to exit out their entry point (other than that door, if that door is their attempted entry point they'll realize sooner than they can't even get in), most often empty handed.

I did vacuum the thrashed loft. Still have some minor detail work to complete the clean up. Will try and get that done tonight.

Then, I did receive the "AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T6, Quiet 6” Inline Duct Fan with Temperature Humidity Controller" this afternoon.
AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T6 Quiet 6” Inline Duct Fan 0001 03182021.jpg
However, I'm sure it doesn't mean anything but, the User Manual arrived upside down...I'm hoping it's not a omen of bad things! :winky:
AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T6 Quiet 6” Inline Duct Fan 0001 03222021.jpg
AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T6 Quiet 6” Inline Duct Fan Bits and Bobs 0001 03222021.jpg
I bought both metal (plumbing tape) and plastic hanger straps. I think I'll use the plastic strapping because it is less likely to wear into the ducting whereas metal strapping (plumbing tape) certainly will over time. IF I do wind up using the plumbing tape I'll line it with rubber to reduce the potential of wearing through.

So, I am going to get that installed today.

I'm still pondering how I'm going to close this space up. My Thought Process Machine is having a difficult time getting everything laid out to make sure all the equipment/gear can still be serviceable. Once I have that tall East wall installed the Ebb&Gro controller will be difficult to get to. I would like to put the Air Conditioner right next to where the controller is now and route the Intake&Exhaust hoses out the ceiling panel there as well. But, when that East wall is installed they'll both be difficult to get to to service them. I don't want either one IN the grow space. It looks like I will have to build in an access panel/door on that wall to get to them. I can't move them to the West side of the space because the reservoir is directly under the controller now and that is the best place to have that. I still have time to figure that out but I need move the A/C to that side and I still have to figure out a way to block a light leak created where the Fill&Drain hoses pass through the P&S (Poly Shield) sheeting.
Controller Hoses 0001 03222021.jpg
Controller Hoses 0002 03222021.jpg
One possibility is to lay a piece of plush cloth (like a bath towel) on top of the hoses where it passes through to the buckets and put a piece of wood on to of it the force the shape of the pass through (I think this will work). Another possibility I've been toying with is creating a physical manifold cover plate with the 6 hoses individually surrounded...like at wooden plate with cut-outs for each hose (I think this is what I will wind up with). Maybe a combination of both the cloth closure and the hose pass-through plate.

IF any of you have any ideas on how to best prevent that potential light leak I'd be willing to consider them.

I'm goin' in! :tup: :winky:

:puffpass:,
WHAB

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

I have tentatively routed the AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T6 Inline Duct Fan out the East side. I don't want it out the East side. I want to go out the West side, the "back yard". The East side is the front of the 1924 Schoolhouse. But, that useless, Tits-On-A-Bull Strong-back is in the way of running the ducting level with the elbow. I suppose I could go over the strong-back but it doesn't work in my brain....it's not the optimum way to run it. Air prefers to move in a straight line. I'm going to leave it like this temporarily but I'm likely to change it to go out the West side.
AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T6 0001 03222021.jpg
This also introduces another down the road problem. Wherever I put that duct in the attic I won't be able to build on top of it without losing head room in the future attic setup.
AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T6 0002 03222021.jpg
AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T6 0003 03222021.jpg
That gray hose is from my Dust Collection system...I have another longer piece of 6 inch DC hose (clear) if I need it. I didn't want to cut into the new AC Infinity ducting that will reach out to the end of that run, either the East of West sides.

The plastic strapping will work well in this instance...
AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T6 0004A 03222021.jpg
AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T6 0004 03222021.jpg
When I set this up in the loft I knew I'd only do one or two full Veg and Flowering cycles in the loft then move it all up in to the attic when I can get that built.

I'll have to plan the builds and changes in a way that I won't be stepping on my own foot, so to speak.

When I went up there for the first time tonight the Air Temp was 80°F....soon after the fan was operational, it dropped down to 77°F. As you can see in the last picture, it's down to 74°F.
AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T6 0005 03222021.jpg
AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T6 0006 03222021.jpg
The second bucket and the fifth bucket are from the first transplant. The second bucket is one I was sure would die. It's hangin' tough!

The others are from the second transplant of plants I was sure were dead. They don't look like it in the picture but they are still alive.
I think this fan is exactly what I needed to keep the temps in check!

I only have the fan controller hanging upside temporarily. I will mount it properly when I get the installation completed, even if I have to build a mount for it attached to the ceiling.

I would like to be able to monitor what is going on up there from down here! That Hygrometer sitting in the bucket used to sit on my desk and the remote sensor that paired with it stayed in the grow but that sensor gave up the ghost years ago. I'll see if I can find a replacement for it. IF I can't find a replacement sensor I'll try to buy another hygrometer.

I'd still like to see that AC Infinity fan remotely...but, unless I get a video camera up there (something I don't own) I don't think that will be possible, at least for now.

Gonna work on that closeout manifold for the controller hoses.

:tup:,
WHAB