A damsel in distress. Plural of Mongoose Update.

Rant and Rave about The Canna Trade.
Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 417 times
Received Karma : 511 times

Post by Prawn Connery »

Poor old fake ~shabang~ :frown:

We all knew him. He was one of us. If he's reading this, I'm so sorry for you mate.

I feel sorry for PoM also, but PoM always sailed close to the wind while me other ol' mate was perhaps a tad naive to tag along. I hope Ross gets his pardon too. Hopefully FS (fake ~s~) will be out in a few months on good behaviour and/or time served.
Licensed to Krill

dill786
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: memento mori
Has bestowed Karma : 955 times
Received Karma : 745 times

Post by dill786 »

he will be out in 3 months with good behaviour.....
Kuchisabishii

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

smokebreaks wrote:
AlwaysBlue wrote:
smokebreaks wrote:Well it may have been the coins that Tony stole from Ross that set off the whole murder for hire part of the story, but I’m still fairly confident that it was a part of the pre-sentencing bullshit the government goes through with defendants before their plea is finalized.

Mongoose had to have his ducks in a row before 11.6.2020.

Like I said yesterday, December 10th is the day we will know what he gets.
Could you please post his sentencing submission which is now on the docket? I don't have access to PACER

Thank you sir
It'd be a pretty big post if I were to do so.
63_Page_01.jpg
Damn ZIP file has quite a few attachments
1-15-cr-00866-WHP.zip
Man, I tried getting through all of this just to find out if there was a commissary fund I could donate to. I got about a dozen pages in - and while it is an interesting thread, thanks Smokes! - I headed to the last page and backed up in the pages to find an appropriate post in which to ask about it.

Is there a inmate fund for Mr. Clark?

PoM never did me wrong. He was always kind and considerate to me. He sent me some goodies out of pocket.

I hope he is well and lives through his sentence. I hope to possibly chat at least one more time with him. To at least read his words again. He is a great story teller. IF I can buy him some treats or needs while he's doing his time it is the least I can do and I'm willing right now to do it!

You're not bad writer either, Smokes. Well done, sir! :tup:

Regards,
WHAB

smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 184 times
Received Karma : 338 times

Post by smokebreaks »

Thanks WHAB, and welcome back. I am honestly not an overly verbose guy these days.
I was just reading the DOJ release about the ~s persona from the DOJ...

I hate to say it, and someday he's likely to read this, and it sucks to be that guy... truthfully.

I thank god I never had anything to do with the whole damn thing but the person I have the most empathy for is Ross.

The craziest part of the story? Mongoose well... he's always been full of shit but he was always entertaining as hell.

I really hope they let him get the fuck outta here after all the bullshit that he went through in Thailand.
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

smokebreaks wrote:Thanks WHAB, and welcome back. I am honestly not an overly verbose guy these days.
I was just reading the DOJ release about the ~s persona from the DOJ...

I hate to say it, and someday he's likely to read this, and it sucks to be that guy... truthfully.

I thank god I never had anything to do with the whole damn thing but the person I have the most empathy for is Ross.

The craziest part of the story? Mongoose well... he's always been full of shit but he was always entertaining as hell.

I really hope they let him get the fuck outta here after all the bullshit that he went through in Thailand.
You're welcome, smokes! And, thank you...good to be back.

Well, you certainly have a knack for it...

Yeah...all of it is fucked up on a certain level...adults putting in their own bodies substances they voluntarily consume fully knowing the ramifications or consequences of doing so. And, yeah, I hope they all get out - quickly. On top of that, I hope they all have something stashed to carry them through.

All the very best to ya, smokes!

:smoke:,
WHAB

EthicalGrower
some karma
some karma
Custom Title: uʍopǝpısdn

Post by EthicalGrower »

Blackie wrote:Southern District of New York
U.S. Attorneys » Southern District of New York » News » Press Releases
Department of Justice
U.S. Attorney’s Office
Southern District of New York

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/pr/co ... ement-silk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Friday, December 18, 2020

Computer Programmer Sentenced To Prison For Making False Statements About His Involvement In The “Silk Road” Website

Audrey Strauss, the Acting United States Attorney for the Southern District of New York, announced that MICHAEL R. WEIGAND, a/k/a “Shabang,” a/k/a “~Shabang~,” a/k/a “~s,” a/k/a “s,” was sentenced to eight months in prison today for making false statements to federal agents about his involvement in, and his work for, the “Silk Road” online illicit black market, which was responsible for distributing hundreds of millions of dollars of narcotics and other contraband. WEIGAND’s false statements concealed his role in the operation of the Silk Road website. WEIGAND previously pled guilty before United States District Judge William H. Pauley III, who also imposed today’s sentence.

Acting U.S. Attorney Audrey Strauss said: “Michael Weigand supplied technological advice directly to the leadership of Silk Road, a secret online marketplace for criminal activity. He laundered Silk Road proceeds and traveled overseas to remove Silk Road evidence from a co-conspirator’s residence. Weigand subsequently lied to law enforcement, falsely claiming to have done nothing for Silk Road, and has now been sentenced to prison for that knowing falsehood.”

According to the Information, court filings, statements made in court, and evidence presented during the 2015 trial of Ross Ulbricht, Silk Road’s founder and chief administrator:

Ulbricht created Silk Road in approximately January 2011, and owned and operated the underground website until it was shut down by law enforcement in October 2013. Silk Road emerged as the most sophisticated and extensive criminal marketplace on the Internet at the time. During its more than two-and-a-half years in operation, Silk Road was used by several thousand drug dealers and other unlawful vendors to distribute hundreds of kilograms of illegal drugs and other illicit goods and services to well over one hundred thousand buyers, and to launder hundreds of millions of dollars deriving from these unlawful transactions. Silk Road was specifically designed to allow its users to buy and sell drugs and other illegal goods and services anonymously and outside the reach of law enforcement through the use of the Tor network and a Bitcoin-based payment system.

WEIGAND, a computer programmer and electrical engineer, worked with Roger Thomas Clark, the senior adviser to Ulbricht, on certain aspects of Silk Road. For instance, WEIGAND and Clark worked to identify technological vulnerabilities in the Silk Road website. WEIGAND also supplied technological advice directly to Clark and Ulbricht. After Silk Road was shut down in October 2013, WEIGAND laundered more than $75,000 in Silk Road proceeds. In addition, in late 2013, the Government disclosed that it had been able to access the contents of Ulbricht’s laptop computer, which identified Clark as Ulbricht’s right-hand man; shortly after this revelation, Clark transferred more than $20,000 to WEIGAND in Bitcoin, and WEIGAND traveled to Clark’s London residence and removed Silk Road evidence.

In January 2019, WEIGAND was questioned by IRS and FBI Special Agents. After being specifically warned that it is a federal crime to make a false statement to a federal law enforcement officer, WEIGAND attempted to cover up his involvement in Silk Road by falsely stating, among other things, that (1) he never opened an account on Silk Road; (2) he never used the online pseudonyms “Shabang” or “~Shabang~”; (3) he never transferred Bitcoin to Silk Road; (4) he never exposed computer security vulnerabilities in the Silk Road website; (5) he never communicated with anyone who used the online pseudonym “Dread Pirate Roberts,” “DPR,” or “Silk Road” (i.e., Ulbricht); (6) he never performed any services for the Silk Road website; and (7) he did not know the true identity of “Variety Jones” (one of Clark’s pseudonyms) on Silk Road. WEIGAND also falsely stated that the purpose of his trip to London in late 2013, following the takedown of the Silk Road website and arrest of Ulbricht, was to meet with Clark’s associate regarding a marijuana seed business; in fact, WEIGAND went to Clark’s London residence and removed physical Silk Road evidence.

In addition to his prison term, WEIGAND, 59, of Kirtland, Ohio, was sentenced to three years of supervised release.

The founder and operator of Silk Road, Ross Ulbricht, was previously convicted of seven offenses after a jury trial: distributing narcotics, distributing narcotics by means of the Internet, conspiring to distribute narcotics, engaging in a continuing criminal enterprise, conspiring to commit computer hacking, conspiring to traffic in false identity documents, and conspiring to commit money laundering. Ulbricht was sentenced principally to life in prison and $183 million in forfeiture.

Ulbricht’s senior adviser, Roger Thomas Clark, pled guilty to conspiring to distribute narcotics and his sentencing is currently pending. Clark faces a maximum potential sentence of 20 years in prison.

Ms. Strauss praised the outstanding joint efforts of the Boston Field Office of the Internal Revenue Service – Criminal Investigation, the New York and Washington Field Offices of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the New York Field Office of Homeland Security Investigations, and the New York City Police Department. Ms. Strauss also thanked the FBI’s Cleveland Office for its assistance.

This case is being prosecuted by the Office’s Complex Frauds and Cybercrime Unit. Assistant United States Attorney Michael D. Neff is in charge of the prosecution.

Topic(s): Cyber Crime
Component(s): USAO - New York, Southern
(212) 637-2600
Press Release Number: 20-296
Updated December 18, 2020
:roflmao:
who's your daddy?

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 417 times
Received Karma : 511 times

Post by Prawn Connery »

EthicalGrower wrote: :roflmao:
Do you know what would be really funny?

If someone posted up your real personal details and casually mentioned the fact that you were colluding with PoM around the same time he was helping Ulbricht with Silk Road.

That would be hilarious. :tup:
Licensed to Krill

EthicalGrower
some karma
some karma

Post by EthicalGrower »

Prawn Connery wrote:
EthicalGrower wrote: :roflmao:
Do you know what would be really funny?

If someone posted up your real personal details and casually mentioned the fact that you were colluding with PoM around the same time he was helping Ulbricht with Silk Road.

That would be hilarious. :tup:
:roflmao:
who's your daddy?

EthicalGrower
some karma
some karma

Post by EthicalGrower »

Amazing how one can be so wrong, yet so sure.

[image]https://www.verywellmind.com/thmb/o40uL ... b29153.jpg[/image]
who's your daddy?

Roots

Post by Roots »

...or in my case, confused.