Build it and they will grow....

Grow room design, HID, fluoro, reflectors, ventilation, ballasts and wiring.
Oldjoints

Post by Oldjoints »

Hey WHAB!

Nice looking digs on the schoolhouse. Not a lot of space to work with but if it has good bones you would be surprised what could be done. Be glad to help in any way I can.
Glad to hear you are going to get back into the grow game. Stay safe and be well brother....

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

Oldjoints wrote:Hey WHAB!

Nice looking digs on the schoolhouse. Not a lot of space to work with but if it has good bones you would be surprised what could be done. Be glad to help in any way I can.
Glad to hear you are going to get back into the grow game. Stay safe and be well brother....
Thanks, my friend! I like the building A LOT. I like the history of it. To the left of the door, up on the wall is a placard denoting the date it was built. Pretty neat!

I'll be posting a thread on both, the grow and the woodworking.

Are you posting your woodworking here? I mean do you have a thread dedicated to woodworking here?

I'm interested in seeing what you've got going on. What direction you're going. I do seriously like the long cabinet and especially your grow cabinet!!!

I have several full extension slides I'm looking to put into something and your grow shelving is quite innovative! Nice work!

This is 110bf of Red Oak I acquired from a Amish mill for one job (the deteriorated fascia) and decided not to use it for that. I was supposed to be picking up White Oak for the fascia but Red Oak was on the top of the stack and I didn't know at that time that Red Oak isn't good in a horizontal orientation. I can make other things out of it. This place as exactly one "Kitchen" drawer. It is serious need for a kitchen build, for starters.

I really am interested in what you're doing...not just blowing smoke up your skirt! :wink:

Thank you, and you too, brother! :tup:

***not my RV. not my boat***

:smoke:

:wave:,
WHAB
Attachments
20201121_140927.jpg

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Post by rSin »

WellWell! Good to see ya old timer! Your ears must be burn as your name passed in discussing what hardle post members we should be looking. Say, ive spent alot of time researching kitchen design so id be happy to help with your floor plan. Although not the current rage galley kitchen are quite serviceable and excepional at saving square footage! Dont forget to start a few threads as would love to see what your thinking thes day! Shncerely, bentt
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Oldjoints

Post by Oldjoints »

Nope I have no thread on things I’ve built except for a couple of guitars I posted. I pretty much try to stay on topic.
And my grow is getting larger and taking up more and more space as I except caretaker for more folks.
And as Ben said I am sure together we could all come up with a good floor plan and that’s the place to start. And if not to far away I would come and give you a hand. I have done quite a bit of building and re-modeling.

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

rSin wrote:WellWell! Good to see ya old timer! Your ears must be burn as your name passed in discussing what hardle post members we should be looking. Say, ive spent alot of time researching kitchen design so id be happy to help with your floor plan. Although not the current rage galley kitchen are quite serviceable and excepional at saving square footage! Dont forget to start a few threads as would love to see what your thinking thes day! Shncerely, bentt
Good to see you too, friend! :rockon:

This is a different and potentially difficult situation to deal with. I'll save it for a Woodworking thread (I'm currently composing in my Thought Process Machine). The loft is built. Not how I would have done it. There is a huge (humongous!) island in the "kitchen" area (I'm going to reduce its size to a more manageable island). The "kitchen" sink is in the wrong place (staring at a wall - on the only wall were one would typically put counters and cabinets). Parts of the interior walls aren't not very stable and I may not be able to attach cabinets to them). One part reminds me of a wall you might find at the Alamo :-) I'm glad my niece saved it. I'd like to keep it BUT it is still crumbling and I can't figure out a way to save it. I know I can't hang cabinets on it. I was thinking free-standing cabinets (not attached to any wall) uppers and lowers. Right now, I've been correcting some things that was not done correctly :frown: :-) Oh, there were no ceiling lights in here :frown: :crazy: :-)

But, I don't want to hijack my friends thread on my plans. *apologies Oldjoints!*

I'll leave with one picture here showing the island (where I am going to move the sink to, btw). It's 4'9"x6'. Not sure what in hell she was thinking! :-) That was the first day I walked into the place to take up residency. That fridge is no longer here.

*also: note the painting on the knee wall up on the loft. It's a painting that was given to my niece when they saw she was working on it. It's a painting that was done a very long time ago. Also: the blue part of the loft knee wall IS the tin that was on the ceiling here. Most of it was deteriorated. She saved that bit of it. The wood on the side of the loft wall is the old floorboards she saved out of the schoolhouse*

:toker1:

:wave:
Attachments
20191001_163630.jpg

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Oldjoints wrote:Nope I have no thread on things I’ve built except for a couple of guitars I posted. I pretty much try to stay on topic.
And my grow is getting larger and taking up more and more space as I except caretaker for more folks.
And as Ben said I am sure together we could all come up with a good floor plan and that’s the place to start. And if not to far away I would come and give you a hand. I have done quite a bit of building and re-modeling.
It is unfortunate you, or anyone else for that matter, has not started a woodworking thread. I would think it would be of interest to quite a few people. Maybe 'we' can break the mold! :-) I would find your woodworking interesting.

Your grow is awesome, man! I'm glad to hear you're taking care of peeps that need it! Good on ya!

I'm in South West Missouri. I don't have a clue as to your general location. Whether or not you can make it over here or not - I do sincerely appreciate the generous offer, my friend! :tup: :toker1:

I'm trying to get things done what wasn't done correctly the first time and do them in the order in which they need to be done. There is virtually no insulation in the attic. They put 'some' 15 inch batt insulation in 24 inch bays :facepalm:

In the picture I posted you can see gaps in the ceiling panels they put up :facepalm: Being Winter here, I'm watching $$$ escape out of those gaps :frown: :crazy:

But, like I said, in the order in which they should be done. I had to put lights in before I could even consider insulating to attic. I can't insulate the attic until the fascia is fixed (it's the entire fascia that needs to be replaced and why I bought the lumber I thought I needed). Wind and weather has easy and open access to the attic and everything that comes with that. Feathered animal and more....

I don't want to hijack your thread, my friend. It was never intended to even get this far.

I will start a thread soon and we can all get a grasp of things there :wink: Also, I'm doing this all on a limited budget as I can afford it.

Sincere regards,
WHAB