Cannabis resin now 25% more potent

Know of anything interesting to share with your fellow cannabis crusaders?
Roots

Post by Roots »

The highest I’ve ever been was on Mexican weed with seeds, but that was back when I was a little girl, I doubt that weed has 2% thc.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1797 times
Received Karma : 1578 times

Post by Intrinsic »

Kind of interesting sorta, but I didn't see any measurement over time. 50 years?

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 71 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

As someone mentioned upthread, good weed is about the same as it ever was. It's just way easier to get today, less shit commercial (or ~none where I am).
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Post by bentech »

when i was in san diego wed pay attention to the seeded brick
cuz every now and then it was fantastic...
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 930 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

A lot of brick weed was good...seemed like the more it smelled like pepper, the better it was. :)

Two HUGE downfalls...being able to break it up into something more smokable than dust...and losing half the weight to stems and seeds. :(

Knowing how pollenating a plant changes the quality of the buds, makes me wonder what that brick weed would have been like had it not been seeded and put in a trash compacter. :p

Oldjoints

Post by Oldjoints »

Butcher Bob wrote:....being able to break it up into something more smokable than dust...
The key to that was moisture if it wasn’t already dust. We use to take a spray bottle to it and re-moisturize it and it came apart intact. Many moons ago I use to get a bale almost every week rapped in white paper. Always the same price and weighed from 25-32 lbs. But you could find huge stalks, bugs, rocks, and almost anything in with it.

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 420 times
Received Karma : 517 times

Post by Prawn Connery »

Actually, seeded bud can be stronger. I know I read that somewhere, and it had been proven that seeding induced the plant to produce more cannabinoids to protect the seeds. The overall THC percentage of seeded bud is lower – because obviously the seeds weigh a lot – but if you take the seeds out of the equation, then the percentage is higher when comparing the same strains. Please don't ask me to find the stuidy – it was a long time ago and I can't be fucked looking it up again. But I believed it then as I do now. The only reason we all grow sinsemilla now is because no-one wants to pay for seed weight or pick seeds out of their pot – not for potency reasons.
Licensed to Krill

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 930 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

Oldjoints wrote:The key to that was moisture if it wasn’t already dust. We use to take a spray bottle to it and re-moisturize it and it came apart intact.
We used to break it up somewhat, put it on a T-shirt, and hold it over a pot of boiling water or a steaming teapot spout......didn't work very often.:p

Prawn Connery wrote:Actually, seeded bud can be stronger. I know I read that somewhere...
Yeah I know...I probably read the same thing. However, IME, I did not find that to be true. I do not recall even a single time that a seeded plant was more potent than it's unseeded counterpart. Most of the time potency was the same...occasionally it was less. And flavor?...off the charts suckage. It got to a point where I just composted the material from seed crops.:p

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Jesús Malverde »

There was always some *extremely* high quality Mexican brick weed, the black pepper smell was one possible indicator of it. It was never easy to source though among all the brown shit commercial weed unless you had exceptional connections. If the bricks had dried out to the point of wanting to turn into fine powder, you could steam them open, but usually that was done to add water weight by dickhead dealers.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Prawn Connery wrote:Actually, seeded bud can be stronger. I know I read that somewhere, and it had been proven that seeding induced the plant to produce more cannabinoids to protect the seeds. The overall THC percentage of seeded bud is lower – because obviously the seeds weigh a lot – but if you take the seeds out of the equation, then the percentage is higher when comparing the same strains. Please don't ask me to find the stuidy – it was a long time ago and I can't be fucked looking it up again. But I believed it then as I do now. The only reason we all grow sinsemilla now is because no-one wants to pay for seed weight or pick seeds out of their pot – not for potency reasons.
I always suspected that to be the case. I used to deal weed and if I were sufficiently bored I could laboriously get a couple of joints worth of just calyxes by hand from an ounce of bud. It took a long time obviously but the resulting smoke was often better than even good hashish.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow