Build it and they will grow....

Grow room design, HID, fluoro, reflectors, ventilation, ballasts and wiring.
Oldjoints

Post by Oldjoints »

Much appreciated, thanks....

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Post by bentech »

hows that deck coming???

your old steps give me shudders...
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Oldjoints

Post by Oldjoints »

Still working on it. I have the basic deck built, the steps are built, have to pretty it all up yet. I am working on the landing right now. Unfortunately Mother Nature has decided to throw a monkey wrench in by bringing in cold, ice, and rain so haven’t been able to work on it for days. I will post a few pics when I get the landing finished.
And yes I fell off those steps last winter due to ice and screwed up my shoulder.

Oldjoints

Post by Oldjoints »

I am far from done but have the basic deck in place. Still have to put the kickers in the stairs, and the fillers in between posts, skirting and paint. So here is what I have so far:
F6C19006-B309-4DA9-978A-7D14EA0B393D.jpeg
B49B95C7-622D-4388-849E-C4D36394900D.jpeg
39BF2505-13D8-41F6-B697-F1B11B1CFEAE.jpeg
B416FECE-7366-4A01-88CD-A361DB2AA47B.jpeg

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1751 times
Received Karma : 1537 times

Post by Intrinsic »

Holy dingo's that's nice. a nice place enjoy a Brew at sunset. is that Landing cement or wood?

Oldjoints

Post by Oldjoints »

It’s wood but when finished will have natural stone set in cement in front of it.

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Post by rSin »

You really built out those post tops. Pretty much all i see is the 2x6 screwed down to them with a 2x4 on edge right under...
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Oldjoints

Post by Oldjoints »

The 2x4 boxes at the top of the posts were put there for stability. I didn’t like the idea of a 2x8 being held in place by 2 screws 2” apart in the 4x4. Plus I just liked the look it created.

Oldjoints

Post by Oldjoints »

Ok so weather here is turning so figured I better paint what I’ve got done before it gets to cold to do so. Still have to finish skirting and figure out how to decorate between posts on the deck.
Here is what it looks like now:
88BB76C8-B58C-406E-9C91-3CDDC5B7BEA7.jpeg

WhiteHotAfterburner
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: Turbine Powered Toker
Has bestowed Karma : 521 times
Received Karma : 217 times

Post by WhiteHotAfterburner »

Oldjoints wrote:Working on my detached garage to accommodate a veg and flower room and a woodworking shop. The previous owner in their wisdom pulled out all the electric out of the building because someone tried to break into it and she assumed it was to strip out the wiring to scrap. So now I have to re-wire the building completely including the main feed, breaker box and all circuits. Then insulate and install drywall and build my two grow rooms. I am also removing the garage door and building a wall where the garage door was.

Here is a pic of the garage, and the mess of me tearing shit out:
Hey Oldjoints :wave: !

Great looking space! Your work looks awesome!

I too have decided to get back into woodworking. But, more importantly, I'm also going to get back to growing. It's legal here now but I'm not too keen on having some government official traipsing around my place so I don't think I'm going to get the card.

I live here now; a 1924 Brick Schoolhouse (double stacked brick - two stacks+ thick). It's generally a 30'x30' except for those two inside corners. Behind the door is a vestibule and behind those two windows is what used to be a "cloak room" and is now a bathroom. The main space is about 22'x30'.

It was uninhabitable a couple of years ago. My niece put a bunch of work into it then she moved. It was offered to me and I gratefully accepted (it''s on my brother's acreage). I still haven't figured out what I'm going to do with the floorplan (where I will grow, where I will rest) but as it is now she built a loft but no way to access the loft. The first thing I built was a Modified Ship's Ladder.

There is no garage or an outbuilding suitable for growing, so I'll either put it under the loft or maybe in the attic. The place still needs A LOT of work. Woodworking will be part of that.

I look forward to your progress here in both areas, growing and building!

Great job!

:smoke:

:wave:,
WHAB
Attachments
92823169_650699858824098_4676904396331918661_n.jpg
92823169_650699858824098_4676904396331918661_n.jpg (105.53 KiB) Viewed 1018 times
20200726_082644.jpg