A damsel in distress. Plural of Mongoose Update.

Rant and Rave about The Canna Trade.
Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 417 times
Received Karma : 511 times

Post by Prawn Connery »

I just hope those bastards are rolling in Bitcoin. A few years in the clink for a multi-million payout isn't a bad little earner.
Licensed to Krill

smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 184 times
Received Karma : 338 times

Post by smokebreaks »

Last I had read there is still a mythical wallet floating around with like 75,000 of them fucking cryptocurrency coins.

That's nearing $800,000,000.00

oops... sorry...

101,857 BTC

https://news.sellorbuyhomefast.com/inde ... 8-in-fees/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The largest Bitcoin wallet that belongs to an unknown entity or individual recently moved 101,857 BTC, worth just over $933 million. The transfer was first noticed by automated crypto tracking service Bitcoin Block Bot on June 27.

And for this whopping transaction, the mysterious owner of the wallet paid just $0.48 in fees.

The address was documented as the richest among non-exchange BTC wallets back in April, when it was holding 0.55% of all existing Bitcoin at the time. And even when compared to the major exchanges, it ranked third—behind Huobi and Binance.

While funds that belong to exchanges are made up of customer funds, it’s unclear who actually owns the Bitcoin in this address. It’s possible that it could also be an exchange wallet, or belong to large Bitcoin investors such as the Winklevii.

(After this article was published, one Redditor claimed that the wallet belongs to crypto exchange BitStamp via custodial platform BitGo. We have reached out to both companies. Debra Bar, director of marketing at BitGo, said, “Thank you for reaching out. For privacy reasons, we cannot confirm clients or their addresses.”)

The funds were then sent to more unknown wallets. According to Bitcoin block explorer Blockchain.com, the recent $933 million transaction was split between two anonymous receiving wallets. The first one got 5,000 BTC ($45.8 million) while the rest got 96,857 BTC ($887.4 million) as “change.” The larger wallet is now the second biggest Bitcoin wallet, according to BitInfoCharts. It trails only Huobi’s cold storage wallet.
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »

Munchy wrote:I was also thinking that about Gad. this would be a good time for Gad to stop by and post to prove that point. but this doc reveals that ~s is in the USA, and I'm pretty sure the Gad was not? there now I've mentioned his name 3 times like Beetlejuice so he should be conjured up. but I'm not so sure if we should risk saying Juice 3 times as well? :confused:
beetlejuice_sm.jpg
I was referring to this. And, you know, the moon landings and all that :laugh:

You know, I only said ~J~'s name twice, but you had to go and quote me which made it look like I'd said it three times . . . And then he showed up! :facepalm:
Licensed to Krill

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Prawn Connery »

Roots wrote:Fuck you all..! (Especially Munchy)
You're welcome mate. :nutkick:
Licensed to Krill

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 70 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

This page isn’t working

news.sellorbuyhomefast.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500
Is there any known connection to SR here? (that domain name doesn't have much journalistic gravitas [or apparent bill paying ability] anyway)
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 184 times
Received Karma : 338 times

Post by smokebreaks »

Jesús Malverde wrote:
This page isn’t working

news.sellorbuyhomefast.com is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500
Is there any known connection to SR here? (that domain name doesn't have much journalistic gravitas [or apparent bill paying ability] anyway)

Who the fuck knows?

https://decrypt.co/34047/the-most-secre ... -1-billion" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 70 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

I got through to their cheesy website today. They link to their source here- https://decrypt.co/34047/the-most-secre ... -1-billion" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In brief
The largest unknown Bitcoin wallet just moved its funds to another two wallets.
It was the largest non-exchange Bitcoin address.
The huge transaction cost just $0.48 in fees.
The largest Bitcoin wallet that belongs to an unknown entity or individual recently moved 101,857 BTC, worth just over $933 million. The transfer was first noticed by automated crypto tracking service Bitcoin Block Bot on June 27.

And for this whopping transaction, the mysterious owner of the wallet paid just $0.48 in fees.

The address was documented as the richest among non-exchange BTC wallets back in April, when it was holding 0.55% of all existing Bitcoin at the time. And even when compared to the major exchanges, it ranked third—behind Huobi and Binance.

While funds that belong to exchanges are made up of customer funds, it’s unclear who actually owns the Bitcoin in this address. It’s possible that it could also be an exchange wallet, or belong to large Bitcoin investors such as the Winklevii.

(After this article was published, one Redditor claimed that the wallet belongs to crypto exchange BitStamp via custodial platform BitGo. We have reached out to both companies. Debra Bar, director of marketing at BitGo, said, "Thank you for reaching out. For privacy reasons, we cannot confirm clients or their addresses.")
We don't know if that wallet belonged to one individual or thousands of individual investors collectively, but it's a great mystery. We may never know but I'll bet the spooks do already.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Post by rSin »

Why on earth you wouldnt distribute such a god awful number of coins i cant imagine. Youd cut bitcoins value in half by merely putting a fifth of them up for grabs...
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Post by rSin »

Bet its simply a threat...
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

AGD
good karma
good karma
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 1 time
Received Karma : 1 time

Post by AGD »

The problem with these Bitcoins is, that it will be very hard to cash out or even buying goods with it. These coins are tainted for a very long time. For example in Germany transactions above 10000€ (about 1 BTC at the present time) will be checked by banks for money laundering. So most likely the holder of the money will have to wait until the SR indictment is statute barred. Even after that time people will know where the money came from. Selling the Bitcoins off the record will be quite difficult. Who will buy coins, that will raise attention from LE and the risk of being confiscated? I wouldn't.