The Truth About Corona Virus

Unmoderated except for TOU and security breaches.
Munchy
Board Administrator
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: Golden Member
Has bestowed Karma : 470 times
Received Karma : 957 times

contrary to popular belief, most C-19 cases won't have fever

Post by Munchy »

my wife has been slightly ill since she was informed that a co-worker had tested positive, but in her typical fashion of denial, she claims that since she has no fever, she must be okay. I can hear her upstairs coughing constantly right now. and I've had a hell of a headache for the past 24+ hours, which no amount of Tylenol or sleep could help. a double-shot of Irish cream in my coffee finally muted it. But my point is that I just noticed this important related info, which says that most C-19 cases won't have fevers, contrary to what I've been noticing is quite a popular belief, given that even medical centers are routinely checking the temperature of everyone entering, and if no fever is detected, well I was given a green sticker to wear showing that I had screened as ok.

https://qr.ae/pNsxQi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Is the “dry cough” of COVID-19 readily recognizable to a person even casually familiar with the disease? Is the cough unique?
Let me be clear, there is no easily detectable, obvious symptom for C-19. The “covid cough” you are referring to does exist. Many people will have a “slight dry cough” as one of their C-19 symptoms. But most will not. They will still be infectious though.

Many people will have a fever as a result of their C-19 infection. But most will not. Assuming that a building is “safe" because they are taking temperature readings is foolish because most C-19 cases won't have fevers. But they will still be infectious.

It is estimated that 80% of all C-19 infections will be asymptomatic or very mild. So mild that you probably wouldn't even know you were sick. Yet all of these individuals are still going to be infectious to some degree, and it will be impossible to tell by looking at them.

The 20% that get seriously ill from their C-19 infection will go through a presymptomatic phase before they start having coughs or fevers. People typically become infectious 3 days after getting infected but generally have no symptoms for 10–15 days before becoming ill. During this whole time they are infectious without any visible sign of their infection.

There is no easily detectable way to know if someone has a C-19 infection. You cannot tell by looking at someone. You cannot tell by taking their temperature. You cannot tell by listening to their cough.

This is why masking for everyone in public is necessary to help prevent the spread of the virus. Because even people who have the virus cannot always tell if they have it. Pretty much assume that anyone not wearing a mask is spewing virus particles into the air and adding to the viral load of the space they are in. Avoid enclosed spaces where masking is not being practiced.
Prohibition is Futile Image THC will be Assimilated
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ How To Pass Drug Tests ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1751 times
Received Karma : 1537 times

Post by Intrinsic »

Dude serious! Symptoms! Have you and your wife been tested yet?
dios mio! Please take care.

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Post by rSin »

The figures ive been comfortable with are that 25percent of positives have no symptoms and another 25percent have such slight symptoms that they never seek testing. That means that at least half of all positives go uncounted and explains the mysterious surge all states are reporting in addition to covid victims. The 150,000 total is a signifacant undercount. I had the horrible dry cough with no fever of note for about three weeks in late march
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by rSin »

But testing wasnt available and i didnt press the issue at the time as the facts were far less in evidence at the time. Havnt had any discernable side effects that are being talked about but then again the worest would need a doctor to point out
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Munchy
Board Administrator
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: Golden Member
Has bestowed Karma : 470 times
Received Karma : 957 times

Post by Munchy »

with this lack of fever info, I just finally convinced her to schedule a test, but she hasn't yet told me when it will be. and the news lately indicates at least a week to get results. hopefully now she will start acting like she's in quarantine at least around here pending the results, but the way things have been going, if she has it, I probably won't be able to avoid getting it as well, if I haven't already. my cat Gizmo died a few weeks back and Tigger has started having problems now as well, suddenly barely able walk, so it may just be clean sweep. at least I've finally gotten my work backlog under control.
Prohibition is Futile Image THC will be Assimilated
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ How To Pass Drug Tests ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by rSin »

Rip gizmo

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

rSin wrote:If That Stat About permenate heart damage proves correct my vaccine stance will be changed markedly
This news, I missed it.. thanks,

https://www.statnews.com/2020/07/27/cov ... rt-damage/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/ ... art-damage" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I do not want to get this disease, no sir.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1317 times
Received Karma : 921 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

Intrinsic wrote:Top 15 hot spots States for new deaths:
State new deaths.jpg
The numbers for MI are not accurate...they are over stated.
You have access to the numbers I follow...compare them.
If MI is over stated, what of the others?
....just sayin'.

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by rSin »

By overstated your talking simply that they are more than tested positive?

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

Bob, My numbers come from World o meter .. John Hopkins ect..
I thought you said those were the same numbers you were talking about earlier.

Here's a repost of the snapshot. it's a database. I clicked on the sort by new deaths button and you see the new sorting.

You can also go World o meter and sort by new deaths or new cases per million. I was trying not to downplay California's predicament. I wanted to include New York as that used to be the number one hotspot.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Attachments
State new deaths.jpg