The Truth About Corona Virus

Unmoderated except for TOU and security breaches.
rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Post by rSin »

Your noticing source lag
Not fraud bob

What do they show today?
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Munchy
Board Administrator
Karma Monster
Karma Monster
Custom Title: UnhingedMotherfucker
Has bestowed Karma : 499 times
Received Karma : 983 times

Post by Munchy »

you guys heard about Trump stating repeatedly that the reason we have so many cases is because of increased testing, and asymptomatic cases should not count, as if they aren't spreading the virus, and what we don't know won't hurt him, and defines a case as only a confirmed case, as if those who have the virus but aren't tested do not count as a real case. almost as if an effective method of birth control would be to do away with pregnancy tests.
then he also stated that asked his people to slow down the testing, because it looks bad to have so many cases? his press secretary said he was joking, but then he would not deny that he meant it, and further stated that he was not kidding and does not kid around. then they also announced the de-funding of like 13 testing centers in just a few days. we had the largest # of new case the other day since April, and he acts like it's over, and people shouldn't be wearing masks, and even hassled a WH press guy for wearing one. doctors say forget about a second wave, because we aren't getting over the first one, although most other countries have succeeded. and the UK is considering banning travelers from the US.
btw, it has also bothered me since the beginning how media and doctors are always referring to asymptomatic cases without offering any explanation of the meaning of that term whenever they say it, as if everyone knows what it means. and sure smart and educated people all understand, but they don't seem to realize how many fucking dumb people there are who do not understand, because without the letter A, it sounds like symptomatic, which is a big reason why so many people do not follow the guidelines, figuring they aren't sick so they don't need to wear masks or socially distance, which fucks up the whole plan for everyone else who is doing the right thing.
Prohibition is Futile Image THC will be Assimilated
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ How To Pass Drug Tests ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 930 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

rSin wrote:Your noticing source lag
Not fraud bob

What do they show today?
It ain't lag...CNN is talking shit.
I monitor Mlive daily...the MDHHS releases the updated numbers every day at 3 PM, and Mlive publishes those updates shortly after. The updated charts for today can be found here...
https://www.mlive.com/public-interest/2 ... higan.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
...and here...
https://www.mlive.com/news/2020/06/mich ... -days.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Our charts show the scenario Fauci said we were hoping for when this shit first started...flatten the curve, bring daily new case numbers down (so as not to overwhelm medical facilities), then reopen once numbers are more manageable, expecting a slight rise in cases. MI is the textbook example he wanted to see happen. Yet CNN would rather make Trump look as bad as possible, than to tell the truth. Nobody needs to lie to make Trump look bad...he does that well enough on his own. Politicizing this event just makes things worse. Maybe if the states experiencing their highs right now had followed MI's lead, we wouldn't be seeing this explosion in numbers. THAT is what CNN should be reporting.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1797 times
Received Karma : 1578 times

Post by Intrinsic »

Yeah they're way off base on the metrics.
But i'm seeing a steady upward trend and there have been a few days where there was more than a 50% increase. But not as CNN reported.

June 15th to June 16th
31 to 184 cases
June 20th > 448 cases

On MLive I didn't see a graph for cases only.
Here is a link to World o Meter > Michigan, they now have one.
You'll see visually what I'm talking about.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/michigan/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Too bad I've always admired Michigan stats but they're on an upward case trend. Knock on wood that's all.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

Munchy wrote: btw, it has also bothered me since the beginning how media and doctors are always referring to asymptomatic cases without offering any explanation of the meaning of that term whenever they say it, as if everyone knows what it means. and sure smart and educated people all understand, but they don't seem to realize how many fucking dumb people there are who do not understand, because without the letter A, it sounds like symptomatic, which is a big reason why so many people do not follow the guidelines, figuring they aren't sick so they don't need to wear masks or socially distance, which fucks up the whole plan for everyone else who is doing the right thing.
Excellent point. I totally missed that.
I remember when I first learned it, as in apolitical, but it's now back of my eyelid sort of thing. Same problem I had on the flip side with flammable and inflammable.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 930 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

Intrinsic wrote:On MLive I didn't see a graph for cases only.
Here is a link to World o Meter > Michigan
It's in the first link, with the 7 day running average superimposed.
Your link has the correct numbers...but with their "current cases" graph that looks quite saw toothed, it helps to know that 'recovered' figures are only updated once a week. If they were updated daily it would appear as a steady decline, rather than the up and down depiction on the graph.

We are seeing an increase in daily new cases, but when you consider that the restaurants and bars have reopened, and that we are still nowhere near our peak numbers, it paints a very different picture than CNN is painting. News should not be deceptive.

I'm almost to the point of thinking we should just let darwinism run it's course. :frown:
My folks and my brother can't quit talking aboot how Trump has fuk'd the response up...yet I have to remind them to wear their mask when we're out in public. How fuk'd up is that? :rolleyes:

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by rSin »

Rather

Like racists
Who're sure they arent
Because
They have that one black friend
They talk to
At the neighborhood republican meeting...
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

deaths per million 0.jpg
North America is on the rise
optimistic, you don't want to see absolute summations No-No no no no

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

death per million 1.jpg
death per million 1.jpg (265.84 KiB) Viewed 1930 times
Opps :whistle: Added Australia, New Zealand.

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by rSin »

No symptoms
Home requirement
Ive got medical
But i wasnt even asked
Free

Had the worst cough for 3 weeks
Back in march
Scheduled a test
But they called back an hour later
Out of supplies