canbislower
needs karma

2020 Menu

Post by canbislower »

How long will it take to reap?

Roots

2020 Menu

Post by Roots »

^^I should harvest late Sept, all October and the first week of November depending on strain and weather.

.....and I ended up getting Runtz today.

I’m sure I’ll find one I like with 10 things on the menu.

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 417 times
Received Karma : 511 times

2020 Menu

Post by Prawn Connery »

Wish I could help. I was given some nice Cheesecake buds on Thursday and it's not bad, but it's not the original Wedding Cake, only a cross. Sweet, frosty and good potency with a nicely mellow high, but not really a stand-out.

Skywalker OG – nup. I'm growing out The OG#18, which is an OG backcross and is just about the tastiest thing I've ever smoked. Nice up high as well for an indica. One of the best modern strains I've tried . . . not that I've tried that many.

Blue Dream - smoked that. But I've got a Catpiss Haze x Schnazzleberry here with similar genetics that is better. I've also got some original Blue Heaven x SAGE I just finished that were given to me by ain sof and just about all the females are keepers. The Blue Heaven pheno is really nice – has a lovely choclate-blueberry flavour. Yields are shit, but the smoke is clean and in the head and has an anti-anxiety streak that I haven't experienced in other strains. It's one of my new favourites. Not a knock-out strain by any account, but one for the connoisseur.

Orange Creamsicle - nup. But I've grown and smoked Calizahr, which is close to the Creamsicle parent. Nice taste, but not that potent. Also very leafy and a bastard to trim.

Wedding Cake - as above.

You obviously have much more access to modern strains than I have, so I'm wondering what you think of them compared to the old stuff we used to smoke? I've just sprouted some original regular Sensi Star that I'm growing alongside The OG#18 just to compare them. You can't get SS regular seeds anymore – I think I got the last batch.
Licensed to Krill

Roots

2020 Menu

Post by Roots »

It’s been 15 years since I’ve grown Sensi Star and I only grew one pheno of it. I don’t miss any of the commercial strains from the past.

Roots

2020 Menu

Post by Roots »

Got the back ups ready.
Took nine days just sitting in a south facing window, no artificial light at all.
CFC6C966-C884-4FD9-AE61-7C94E219918A.jpeg
6FB7E2D6-721D-4E85-8D65-D6685ED7539D.jpeg

Roots

2020 Menu

Post by Roots »

Two products I’m using this year.

I use Sure Start every year, it helps bring old spent soil back to life, it’s the only granular I’ll use this year and I only use it at planting time.....I use this on house plants, trees and veggie garden too.

I’m experimenting with coco this year, I’ve bought things in the past that have had coco in them but I’ve never mixed it in before.

13267E8D-C0A1-4218-8A7A-224D32A1E703.jpeg
74F0325F-7B4B-4143-B6EB-7EC7A39BEBE7.jpeg

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 417 times
Received Karma : 511 times

2020 Menu

Post by Prawn Connery »

Roots wrote:It’s been 15 years since I’ve grown Sensi Star and I only grew one pheno of it. I don’t miss any of the commercial strains from the past.
Sure, but I mean you used to grow out a lot of SSH and others in the day, so I was just curious how you thought the oldies compared. My own (limited) experience is some of the new strains seem to be tastier, but they're all still a bit familiar at the same time. Which I guess isn't a surprise. Everyone seems to have jumped on the OG Kush wagon these days. Skywalker has been around a long time and Blue Dream is just SSH x BB. Cali-O is ancient.

Just thought I'd ask. :bonghitter:
Licensed to Krill

Roots

2020 Menu

Post by Roots »

SSH and Blue Dream were never grown for head stash, they’re just easy growing producers that look nice.

I’ll consider myself lucky if I really like two of the nine strains I’m growing.

Runtz had russet mites so I tossed it before it made my garden, maybe next year.

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 70 times
Received Karma : 131 times

2020 Menu

Post by Jesús Malverde »

New strains are mostly wonderful, but they are really just clever reshufflings of the gene pools of the old stuff. There are no new, novel genetic inputs and haven't been for decades.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow