Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1751 times
Received Karma : 1537 times

Senate Republicans ducking questions on his use of force

Post by Intrinsic »

Senate Republicans saved Trump's presidency. Now they're ducking questions on his use of force

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/6 ... protesters" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

deployed police force against peaceful protesters outside the White House for a photo op, the cat's got GOP leader Sen. Mitch McConnell's tongue.

Asked Tuesday about Trump's threat of unleashing military force on American cities, McConnell dodged, declining to answer reporter questions as he exited the Senate floor.

McConnell was uniquely responsible for saving Trump's presidency, convincing his caucus to not only acquit Trump of impeachment charges but to do so without even hearing from witnesses at the show trial they staged. 

As law enforcement officer-turned-Congresswoman Val Demings wrote on Twitter Monday night: "When we impeached this president, we warned that he was a dictator in waiting. I believe now what I believed then: this president is a threat to our democracy, our families, and to us."

As I have noted before, McConnell and Senate Republicans are uniquely responsible for turning Trump into the monster he is today precisely because they have condoned every single one of his lawless actions, from colluding with Russia to enlisting Ukraine's help in stealing the upcoming election to blocking all congressional oversight.

Now Trump wants to use the U.S. troops to deploy military force against American citizens and they've got nothing to say?

Sen. John Cornyn of Texas went a step further, criticizing Joe Biden's speech Tuesday morning as a campaign stunt.

"What we expect from leaders is to try to unify us, not point the finger of blame," Cornyn told Fox News. Is he f-cking kidding? Trump has spent his entire presidency sowing division among Americans and blaming everyone in the world but himself for his unprecedented string of failures. 

A quick check of the Twitter feeds around 11:30 AM from Sens. Susan Collins, Cory Gardner, and Thom Tillis turns up zilch about any of the events Monday night or Trump's threat of force against American citizens.

Through their silence, Senate Republicans are complicit.

They are embracing the dictatorial tactics of Trump without saying a word, just like they have condoned every other lawless act Trump has committed since setting foot in the Oval Office.

They must be voted out because they clearly no longer support democracy.  

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1751 times
Received Karma : 1537 times

Post by Intrinsic »

Kasie Hunt
https://threadreaderapp.com/user/kasie" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis., on the president’s photo op at St. John’s last night: “Didn’t really see it.”

Sen. Kelly Loeffler, R-Ga., does not respond when asked if what the president did last night was appropriate. Her spokesman handed me his card.

Sen. Pat Roberts, R-Kan. “I don’t have any comment on that.”

Sen. Rick Scott, R-Fla., does stop to talk and says “we all could” do better when asked if POTUS could do better.

Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah. “I didn’t watch it closely enough to know.”

Sen. Mike Enzi, R-Wyo.: “Sorry, I’m late for lunch.”

Sen. Marsha Blackburn, R-Tenn., walks by without saying anything.

Sen. Lisa Murkowski, R-Alaska: What we saw last night “was not the America that I know.”

Sen. Dan Sullivan, R-Alaska: Walks by with no response.

Sen. Rob Portman, R-Ohio: “I’m late for lunch.”

Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C., doesn’t stop at cameras here on the Hill. Told reporters he’s already “said too much,” per @LACaldwellDC

Sen. Steve Daines, R-Mont.: “I was grateful for the president’s leadership.” Says George Floyd was murdered but looting is not acceptable.

Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, when asked if what we saw at the White House last night was an abuse of power: “By the protestors, yes.”

Sen. Bill Cassidy, R-La.: “I didn’t follow, I’m sorry.”

Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo., stops to talk to cameras, says he has seen “conflicting reports” of what happened at the White House. Says looting and violence is detracting from what should be the focus on George Floyd.

Sen. Richard Shelby, R-Ala., walks by with no comment.

Sen. Mitch McConnell speaking now. Opens news conference by addressing George Floyd protests.
“Egregious wrongs have been done. Much of it recorded.”

Questions TK after other GOP leaders speak.

Sen. Joni Ernst, R-Iowa, at news conference (not in response to questions): “My heart hurts.” Says we need to hear peaceful protestors but “we can’t hear those peaceful protestors over the sound of shattering glass and splintering wood.”

I asked Sen. McConnell if President Trump’s leadership was right for this moment. “I’m not going to critique other people’s performances,” he said.

Senate GOP lunch and press conference concluded

Oldjoints

Post by Oldjoints »

Racists are all the same:
18A50501-820E-4942-BDBF-12A57B25F9B6.jpeg

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Post by rSin »

Look at how awkwardly he holds that bible!

I heard if you look close hes got it
Upside down and backward

And the attorney general coordimnating
Street security?!?!

Shit show
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Post by rSin »

A short history
Of US law enforcement
Infiltrating protests

The intercept
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

ben ttech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: godisnotwhite.com
Has bestowed Karma : 389 times
Received Karma : 240 times

Post by ben ttech »

You can usually tell them by their matching boots
And all they seem to know about climbing
Is head first rappeling