The Truth About Corona Virus

Unmoderated except for TOU and security breaches.
smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 184 times
Received Karma : 338 times

Post by smokebreaks »

Roots wrote:How old is that video..?

My wife manages multiple clinics and just today they went from airborne precautions to droplet precautions.
They're fucking that up because it's been reported now, person to person which doesn't make sense.

Whomever put the SARS and MERS virii together is a fucking asshole.
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1085 times
Received Karma : 1701 times

Post by Lrus007 »

got test back today no corona virus :roflmao:
Attachments
VA4gb7L.jpg
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

Munchy
Board Administrator
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: Golden Member
Has bestowed Karma : 470 times
Received Karma : 957 times

Post by Munchy »

hey Roots, thanks for stopping by... the video was 6 days old. on what basis did they make that change, some new scientific finding, or perhaps just the wealth of propaganda to which I'm referring?

good luck with that HIV Lrus, way to stay positive, but it seems ironic that you got tested for Corona since you had so strongly proclaimed your lack of concern for this whole pandemic as some kind of big overblown hoax. but I guess it was a good idea with your other condition which actually explains a lot, but that is another big difference between USA and other countries as well... thanks to Trump having rejected the notion of acquiring tests made in Germany or any other country, obviously just to be a dick and fudge our numbers so they would seem to be staying low, doctors here have had a hard time trying get tests even for patients showing all the Corona symptoms, despite all of his lies about tests being readily available. and we're basically being told not to go seek any medical aids or testing and just stay home if we think we have it, unless we're practically dying from it already.

my 401k lost over 15% in the past week, including the past few business days it took to actually freeze my trades after I had made the call.

WinCo is huge super-store here which has been ridiculously letting only 5 people in at a time for days, causing crowds to stand in line outside waiting hours for their turn as each of those 5 people exit.

and my county went on lock-down starting tonight.

heard the one about the guy who stopped shaking people's hands?
not for fear of catching the virus... but because he figures
they probably ran out of toilet paper! :tokie:

speaking of TP, click full-screen:
Prohibition is Futile Image THC will be Assimilated
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ How To Pass Drug Tests ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Lrus007 »

well munchy was a joke. no test no aids lol. i am at ground 0..
6 have died in my town last count. is 6 miles as the crow flies.
stores are empty around here. better to joke than panic...
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

Munchy
Board Administrator
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: Golden Member
Has bestowed Karma : 470 times
Received Karma : 957 times

Post by Munchy »

yeah, I know... it's called deadpan humor, and you walked right into it... :laugh:
Prohibition is Futile Image THC will be Assimilated
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ How To Pass Drug Tests ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1751 times
Received Karma : 1537 times

Post by Intrinsic »

smokebreaks wrote:
Whomever put the SARS and MERS virii together is a fucking asshole.
What do you mean smokes, they put them together?
as in RNA merging? Or just classified together?
??

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Lrus007 »

Studies Claim Malaria Drug Chloroquine Effective Against Coronavirus

Chloroquine phosphate, an old-fashioned anti-malarial drug, has shown strong results against COVID-19 infections in South Korea and China.

As Anthony Watts notes here there have been at least three studies demonstrating its efficacy against the Coronavirus.

Here is one, by James M Todaro and Gregory J Rigano, in association with Stanford University School of Medicine and National Academy of Sciences Researchers.

According to the summary:

Recent guidelines from South Korea and China report that chloroquine is an effective antiviral therapeutic treatment against Coronavirus Disease 2019. Use of chloroquine (tablets) is showing favorable outcomes in humans infected with Coronavirus including faster time to recovery and shorter hospital stay. US CDC research shows that chloroquine also has strong potential as a prophylactic (preventative) measure against coronavirus in the lab, while we wait for a vaccine to be developed. Chloroquine is an inexpensive, globally available drug that has been in widespread human use since 1945 against malaria, autoimmune and various other conditions.

It concludes:

Chloroquine can both prevent and treat malaria. Chloroquine can both prevent and treat coronavirus in primate cells (Figure 1 and Figure 2). According to South Korean and China human treatment guidelines, chloroquine is effective in treating COVID-19. Given chloroquine’s human safety profile and existence, it can be implemented today in the U.S., Europe and the rest of the world. Medical doctors may be reluctant to prescribe chloroquine to treat COVID-19 since it is not FDA approved for this use. The United States of America and other countries should immediately authorize and indemnify medical doctors for prescribing chloroquine to treat COVID-19. We must explore whether chloroquine can safely serve as a preventative measure prior to infection of COVID-19 to stop further spread of this highly contagious virus.

Here is the second study by Jianjun Gao, Zhenxue Tian, Xu Yang

Abstract:

The coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) virus is spreading rapidly, and scientists are endeavoring to discover drugs for its efficacious treatment in China. Chloroquine phosphate, an old drug for treatment of malaria, is shown to have apparent efficacy and acceptable safety against COVID-19 associated pneumonia in multicenter clinical trials conducted in China. The drug is recommended to be included in the next version of the Guidelines for the Prevention, Diagnosis, and Treatment of Pneumonia Caused by COVID-19 issued by the National Health Commission of the People’s Republic of China for treatment of COVID-19 infection in larger populations in the future.

Here is the third, in the journal Nature. It’s titled ‘Remdesivir and chloroquine effectively inhibit the recently emerged novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) in vitro’
Extract:

Chloroquine, a widely-used anti-malarial and autoimmune disease drug, has recently been reported as a potential broad-spectrum antiviral drug.8,9 Chloroquine is known to block virus infection by increasing endosomal pH required for virus/cell fusion, as well as interfering with the glycosylation of cellular receptors of SARS-CoV.10Our time-of-addition assay demonstrated that chloroquine functioned at both entry, and at post-entry stages of the 2019-nCoV infection in Vero E6 cells (Fig. 1c, d). Besides its antiviral activity, chloroquine has an immune-modulating activity, which may synergistically enhance its antiviral effect in vivo. Chloroquine is widely distributed in the whole body, including lung, after oral administration. The EC90 value of chloroquine against the 2019-nCoV in Vero E6 cells was 6.90 μM, which can be clinically achievable as demonstrated in the plasma of rheumatoid arthritis patients who received 500 mg administration.11Chloroquine is a cheap and a safe drug that has been used for more than 70 years and, therefore, it is potentially clinically applicable against the 2019-nCoV.

What does this mean?

Essentially it means the end of the nightmare is – or ought to be – much closer than we think.

It will take many, many months before a vaccine is available for COVID-19. In the meantime, this is a very effective stop-gap solution. Not only does it make those critically affected by the virus less likely to die; but it also acts as a prophylactic – that is, it is capable of stopping people from getting the disease in the first place.

The reason that Chloroquine works, I understand from an expert in viral pandemics, is that enables the body to absorb more zinc. Zinc appears to be the most effective agent in disrupting the virus and preventing the ‘cytokine storm’, which is the deadly phase in which the virus tricks the body’s immune system into attacking its own healthy tissue, with often fatal consequences.

Why isn’t there more excitement about this readily available treatment?

One possible reason is that chloroquine is a generic drug to which no pharmaceutical company owns the patent. Big Pharma’s money and lobbying power will strive to persuade governments – and markets – that the only viable solution to the coronavirus is a vaccine. But in the short term this simply isn’t true. Nor is it clear to me that the global economy is going to survive on lockdown for as long as it takes to develop and test that vaccine – which may not even prove effective in any case.

Note that point in the Todaro and Rigano paper about the need for FDA approval. There is no time to waste.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...t-coronavirus/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:tup:

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

Butcher Bob wrote:People are losing their god damn minds. Gordan's, aboot 40% empty shelves...Aldi's, aboot 80% empty shelves...Walmart, aboot 80% empty shelves. Want essential foods like milk and bread...forget it. Folks...there is no food shortage! It's one of the few things we produce an over abundance of. It's shit from China we can't get, like medicines and medical supplies...not food. For fuks sake, Wally's is closing at 11 tonight, not because of some curfew, but to restock the shelves when all the trucks roll in tonight. If you want something to freak out aboot, look at your 401K.

So glad I'm a hermit. :p
Yeah, I,m kind of a hermit also, glad I stockpile for the next 4 months last month as routine, damn good thing I remembered the TP this time too. :grin:

Anyway I have found as a hermit, I get in close quarters of strangers, say in a vehicle or last time closed building during a deposition; I get sick, I have no immunity, I'm away from people and hospitals for so much II don't get exposed to normal ecology of pathogens on a regular basis hence my immunity system has no stockpiled information to work from.

Forgive the rambling, I'm not feverish just a little high.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

And other news the governor here has declared people of my age to stay under self quarantine. So when are they sending the young girls to help out this old person under quarantine?

Here is the natural quarantine I'm currently under..:bong4:
20200317_101704.jpg
20200317_101704.jpg (2.2 MiB) Viewed 2341 times

Oldjoints

Post by Oldjoints »

Intrinsic wrote:So when are they sending the young girls to help out this old person under quarantine?
So you are choosing a quick death? At least the mortician will earn his money getting that smile off you face..... :grin: