Simulation Theory

After enjoying the fruits of your labors, we all need a place to chill. This is that place. Totally senseless irrelevant banter encouraged.
Munchy
Board Administrator
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: Golden Member
Has bestowed Karma : 470 times
Received Karma : 957 times

Simulation Theory

Post by Munchy »

an excellent new Q & A for your viewing pleasure... please enjoy :toker1:

:!: please do not comment until you've watched all 20 minutes :tokie:
if you simply can't be bothered to watch, then don't bother to post either :wink:
feel free to poke your head back into the sand and ignore it 100% :squishu:
thanks for playing! :gadday:
Prohibition is Futile Image THC will be Assimilated
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ How To Pass Drug Tests ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Simulation Theory

Post by rSin »

wasn't never interested in this till last year, but
the slit experiment ramifications finally dawned on me
that and the speed of light constant

those obvious weirdnesses are best explained this way
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Simulation Theory

Post by rSin »

you've thought about it right?

one stars flying at you kilometers a second
the others not moving

and light pouring off em has the same velocity?!?!?!

hehe...

fail
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1751 times
Received Karma : 1537 times

Simulation Theory

Post by Intrinsic »

Good topic!

Don't mind me Munchy, I can't help myself, philosophy n science is my indulgence when high. not meaning to rain on yer parade

Quantuum probibilty.
My first thought is we have been unable to predict some quantum behavior, quantum probability has a true randomness. It is unpredictable individually.

Anyone who has programmed physics simulations or even Games., knows it is impossible to write a true random generator.
Thus a computer simulation that is distinguishable from the reality is created under is not possible so far. (it has been tried, it requires more memory poits tehn there are atoms in the observable universe, it would require a comp bigger then the universe it is simulating, taken in account quantum randomness.
We can observed randomness in quantum mechanics but not represent with current math disciplines.
Simple put: there is randomness observed in our universe therefore it cannot be a simulation.
Of course the simulation may program us to think that.

In addition the infinite irrational numbers on the number line , which is continuous and not discreet as in computer math, is needed in designing electronic computers and cannot be expresses in rational terms in reality or in computers. Only as a concept in our minds such as pi or e.

I could see maybe an infinite complex computer existing multiple dimensions, but that would led back to the holographic universe concept. Not that there is anything wrong with it.

This sums it up for me nicely:
..discreteness, describing a world of irreducible building blocks. It stands to reason that computers—which process information in discrete chunks—should be able to simulate nature fully, at least in principle. But it turns out that certain asymmetries in particle physics cannot be discretized; they are irreducibly continuous. In that case, the world can never be fully simulated on a computer.
"Is Quantum Reality Analog after all” ~David Tong

Simply put, if the simulation hypothesis is true, we can’t trust the science on which the simulation hypothesis is based, in which case it would be irrational to believe the simulation hypothesis. It looks like the simulation hypothesis has a deeply self-defeating character to it.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1751 times
Received Karma : 1537 times

Simulation Theory

Post by Intrinsic »

rSin wrote:wasn't never interested in this till last year, but
the slit experiment ramifications finally dawned on me
that and the speed of light constant

those obvious weirdnesses are best explained this way
Personally i think QED, quantum electrodynamics, works better for me. It completely explains the result of the Michelson–Morley experiment . Light travels in all directions, but due to cancellation of the angler momentum we observed only one direction the photon travels. That is weird. even weirder in QED is the photon also travels back in time, but it too cancels out to one path I rambled on about some of this in MMM "almost had me fooled" thread.
FWIW feynman's QED is written for the layman, no math beyond grade school is needed but it's not light reading.

Remember light speed is constant relative to observer. As in or because of rate of time is NOT a constant. Time flows faster closer to a mass (matter) , relative to farther away from the mass. Time flows slower in earths orbit then on the planet surface. Altho not intuitive it why we only observed light as constant in vacuum.

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Simulation Theory

Post by rSin »

Intrinsic wrote:
Simply put, if the simulation hypothesis is true, we can’t trust the science on which the simulation hypothesis is based, in which case it would be irrational to believe the simulation hypothesis. It looks like the simulation hypothesis has a deeply self-defeating character to it.
that is an easy out
that would have been just as accessible one two three hundred years ago at every point of science showing things

were kinda stuck with our observations
and our language

theirs a giant hole in the two which
is about 90 years old

and simulation seems to drive through way better than any other hypotheses…

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Simulation Theory

Post by bentech »

Leonard Susskind on The World As Hologram

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DIl3Hfh9tY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 417 times
Received Karma : 511 times

Simulation Theory

Post by Prawn Connery »

There is no such thing as randomness or chance.

Because with infinite possibilities there is really no way to determine if "chance" is part of a greater pattern – which in all likelihood it is.

If every conceivable possibility has already taken place – in the past, in the present and in the future – and there is no beginning or end, then surely every event is predictable. Because every event is a possibility that has already happened. Even if it hasn't already happened (in fact, it has already happened – we just haven't reached that point yet).

In the world of infinity, everything that could exist does exist, and has existed, and will exist, and will continue to exist – because it has always existed.

Simulation Theory is therefore as plausible as any other theory.

If you think it, it exists.
Licensed to Krill

dill786
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: memento mori
Has bestowed Karma : 955 times
Received Karma : 745 times

Simulation Theory

Post by dill786 »

a great book i recommend is "the holographic universe" by David talbot ,
Kuchisabishii