A damsel in distress. Plural of Mongoose Update.

Rant and Rave about The Canna Trade.
Munchy
Board Administrator
Karma Monster
Karma Monster
Custom Title: UnhingedMotherfucker
Has bestowed Karma : 499 times
Received Karma : 983 times

Post by Munchy »

I don't recall if what I consider to be the core of the evidence in this case has really been discussed... that being, what sort of evidence is it that an online entity messaged or chatted online that he was PoM? anyone could've simply written that as a mis-direction tactic.

regardless of whether PoM ever posted an image of his ID on any other site(s) (which he may well have, as I'm sure we can certainly all recall that he posted what were allegedly a bunch of his passports) or how someone else may have gotten the image to transmit, even messaging an image of an ID card should be inadmissible in court, as it does not legitimately prove a culprits identity, unless if it was recorded on a video like skype showing his face to go with the card. If you show someone your ID, they are supposed to see your face and be sure it matches up.

it seems to me that they would need to further prove the alleged identity by other means, such as maybe an IP, if that would even be enough, as it still may not prove that he was the actual user at the time and IP location, but I don't recall even seeing an IP on the logs was there? do you think they would have that? if not, I don't see how the logs can reasonably be considered as proof of valid identity.

hell, spoofing and mimicking other online posters wording and such for fun and sport used to be quite a regular occurrence on these sites, and I vividly recall a most excellent rendition by the nick of Mongooses™. so this seems to me as a very weak link in their case, so if that's all they've got is some fool in a chat message claiming to be PoM, to prove that Mr Clark was the actual user of the variety jones handle, he should certainly go free by Christmas... eh. :woohoo:
Attachments
the lawyer is in.jpg
the lawyer is in.jpg (17.17 KiB) Viewed 3386 times
Prohibition is Futile Image THC will be Assimilated
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ How To Pass Drug Tests ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

Nov15th
some karma
some karma

Post by Nov15th »

Munchy wrote:I don't recall if what I consider to be the core of the evidence in this case has really been discussed... that being, what sort of evidence is it that an online entity messaged or chatted online that he was PoM? anyone could've simply written that as a mis-direction tactic.

regardless of whether PoM ever posted an image of his ID on any other site(s) (which he may well have, as I'm sure we can certainly all recall that he posted what were allegedly a bunch of his passports) or how someone else may have gotten the image to transmit, even messaging an image of an ID card should be inadmissible in court, as it does not legitimately prove a culprits identity, unless if it was recorded on a video like skype showing his face to go with the card. If you show someone your ID, they are supposed to see your face and be sure it matches up.

it seems to me that they would need to further prove the alleged identity by other means, such as maybe an IP, if that would even be enough, as it still may not prove that he was the actual user at the time and IP location, but I don't recall even seeing an IP on the logs was there? do you think they would have that? if not, I don't see how the logs can reasonably be considered as proof of valid identity.

hell, spoofing and mimicking other online posters wording and such for fun and sport used to be quite a regular occurrence on these sites, and I vividly recall a most excellent rendition by the nick of Mongooses™. so this seems to me as a very weak link in their case, so if that's all they've got is some fool in a chat message claiming to be PoM, to prove that Mr Clark was the actual user of the variety jones handle, he should certainly go free by Christmas... eh. :woohoo:
Usually I would agree with you, but having watched Ross Ulbricht's trial unfold, it seems that the US courts tend to get the results they want.

Theoretically all the evidence is just PoM's messages back and forth with Ross. They could easily have been faked and edited. But with these SR cases they're going to extremes to nail their guys, I suppose because they don't want everyone to be able to say, 'Oh but it was online! you don't have my IP, how do you know it was definitely me?'. It seems mad that they're able to do this, but the other guys in the case have all been found guilty - none walked.

It would be nice if he was free by Xmas, but I do have a sinking feeling that he won't be.

AGD
good karma
good karma
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 1 time
Received Karma : 1 time

Post by AGD »

Ulbricht had no idea who or what a Mongoose was, but apparently it later helped - in part - the 3 letter agencies to figure out who he was when they were dotting i's and crossing t's.
It wasn't the 3 letters who found this out. It was LaMoustache who did this research, which he has released here: https://antilop.cc/sr/#jones" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am not even sure if the 3 letters were actually going after him at that point.
The reason why he is in jail right now are several emails written by PoM to Assistant United States Attorney Serrin Turner, that basically says 'Please, come and get me!'

To me this action makes no sense, unless there is some truth in the Diamond story.
If he was in fact VJ, there was no reason to write these emails, because he knew he would be facing the same punishment as Ross U. VJ probably would flee.
Imagine LaMoustache's research falsely spat out your name. Would you write emails to the USG to arrest you on a tropical island to put you in jail? I probably would rather move silently to another place if I get to know this or - since I probably can, without a doubt, prove I was NOT VJ - I might try to resolve this issue with the USG, which could turn out to be very very risky.

In his postings here on MPG PoM seemed to induce, that he was in jail at the time, when some of the VJ action took place. Let's say he CAN prove, that he could not be VJ. Is it possible he wants to present this ace up his sleeve in movie style on a big stage? (some people here would say, that this action would fit exactly to the PoM persona)

Roots

Post by Roots »

Any update on my bitcoin wallet..?

rSin
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: world where everone gets
Has bestowed Karma : 1668 times
Received Karma : 1063 times

Post by rSin »

still phishing for it!
the intolerance of the old order is emerging from the rosy mist in which it has hitherto been obscured.

user_1138
needs karma
Custom Title: Think PEACE; then proSEED

Post by user_1138 »

AGD wrote:
...unless there is some truth in the Diamond story.
I seem to think there is *some* truth to this story. There seems to be much behind --cwt (not chris tarbell) / Shawn Bridges / Serrin Turner threads that are not going to come to light absent whistleblower disclosures. It is noted in the "Railroaded" write-up about the vast array of corruption Bridges is involved in. Methinks there is sooooo much more to be learned about the SR case of corrupt gov officials.

https://freeross.com/railroaded" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [scroll towards the bottom]
Curious observer, conscientious objector. Think "peace" and then proSEED.

Munchy
Board Administrator
Karma Monster
Karma Monster
Custom Title: UnhingedMotherfucker
Has bestowed Karma : 499 times
Received Karma : 983 times

Post by Munchy »

user_1138 wrote:https://freeross.com/railroaded [scroll towards the bottom]
WARNING: that link seems to be malicious!

"Your connection is not private
Attackers might be trying to steal your information from freeross.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).
NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID "
Prohibition is Futile Image THC will be Assimilated
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ How To Pass Drug Tests ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 184 times
Received Karma : 341 times

Post by smokebreaks »

It's just a bad certificate Munchy...

Update -- Defense motions due by October 31, 2019 --

Status conference in November and it looks like trial tentatively May 4, 2020.. Defense expects it to take a week.
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

Roots

Post by Roots »

Just let me know when I’m needed to turn that crypto wallet into cash.

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 71 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Meanwhile Variety Jones in Dublin just got a Michelin star :gadday:
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow