A damsel in distress. Plural of Mongoose Update.

Rant and Rave about The Canna Trade.
Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 70 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

http://www.reddit.com/r/AnonCrypto/comm ... ety_jones/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here's the Reddit page I found the links to the pdfs on. I was alerted to this by a simple google search.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Jesús Malverde »

I was getting a "your account has been suspended" page all day too. I was hoping it was just stochastic sitewide tech fuck up stuff and wasn't because of my update of these public documents.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

AGD
good karma
good karma
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 1 time
Received Karma : 1 time

Post by AGD »

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov ... 2.26.0.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
LAW OFFICE OFSTEPHANIE M. CARVLIN, ESQ.140 Broadway, Suite 4610New York, New York 10005S T E P H A N I E M . C A R V L I N , E S Q . T E L E P H O N E : 2 1 2 - 7 4 8 - 1 6 3 6fax: 212-858-7750e-mail: carvlin® hotmail^comJuly 15, 2019Honorable William H. PauleyUnited State District CourtSouthern District of New York500 Pearl StreetNewYork, NY 10007Re: United States v. Roger Thomas Clark15-cr-866(WHP)

Dear Judge Pauley:At the last status conference in this case on March 22, 2019, Your Honordirected the defense (and the government at its option) to submit a letter to theCourt describing the progress of the defense since the last appearance. TheCourt also asked the defense to indicate whether we are developing a sense ofwhat motions we may want to make "without committing!.]" (Transcript of March22, 2019, conference at 9.) This letter is submitted in response to the Court'sdirection.Since March 22, 2019, the defense has continued to make progress inreviewing the discovery and in making the discovery available to Mr. Clark in aformat that makes it possible for him to review the material efficiently. Problemshave arisen over the last year concerning Mr. Clark's access to the material atthe MDC, which have been based on staffing and security considerations.Through ongoing discussions with the legal staff at the MDC, and with thegovernment's assistance, we have solved the vast majority of theseimpediments. Mr. Clark reports that he now has regular access to the material inthe East Building of the MDC. While reviewing the discovery in the East Building(he is housed in the West Building and must be brought over to the East Buildingby staff to review the material) he is now being given food, water and access tobathroom facilities in the East Building. This makes it possible for him to spendlonger periods of time looking through the discovery. Additionally, through CJAfunds approved by the Court, I have been able to use the services of a paralegalto help Mr. Clark review the material and to assist him in obtaining legal materialshe believes relevant to his defense.One problem remains, which I believe we have resolved. Some of thematerial that it appears likely that the government will rely on at trial wasrecovered from a laptop seized from Ross Ulbricht. What I deemed to be themost pertinent of this material I made available to Mr. Clark on DVD or in hardcopies. Thus, he is able to review it (and has been I initially provided it in August,September and November of 2019). However, there are some "files" on theUlbricht laptop that cannot be reviewed with the programs that currently areinstalled on the computers at the MDC or on the laptop I provided to Mr. Clark.After consulting with a computer forensic expert I have now identified whatprograms will have to be installed either on the MDC computers or on Mr. Clark'slaptop to make all the material from the Ulbricht laptop readily available to Mr.Clark. Again, the government and defense have worked jointly to try to reach asolution that the MDC will approve. There are two or three options that will meetthe MDC's security concerns, and I expect to be able to provide Mr. Clark withaccess to this material within a month. Again, I have made and given Mr. Clarkcopies (hard copies or electronic copies on CD/DVD) of the material from theUlbricht laptop that I believe is significant to the defense. The other material,which Mr. Clark wants to be able to review himself, should be available to himshortly.Since the March 22, 2019, conference the defense has also consideredwhat motions would be appropriate in this case. While we cannot provide adefinite answer until we have done additional legal research (and my investigatorhas completed certain tasks), we do anticipate making a motion to dismiss theindictment on various grounds. I believe the defense will also make motions tosuppress the contents of servers that were seized in Iceland, in Pennsylvaniaand in California, as well as the contents of Mr. Ulbricht's laptop. Devices wereseized from Mr. Clark in Thailand (laptops, external drives, a camera, etc.). I willmove to suppress the contents of those devices also.I am confident that I will be in a position to file motions - and Mr. Clark willbe in a position to participate fully in that process - by the Fall. I therefore believethat it would be appropriate for the Court to set a motion schedule at the July 18,2019, conference. After consultation with the government, I request that theCourt order the following: defense motions by October 31, 2019; thegovernment's response due on or before December 12, 2019; Defense reply bvDecember 26, 2019.
Respectfully submitted

smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 184 times
Received Karma : 338 times

Post by smokebreaks »

There’s a couple of files that are unable to be viewed on the PACER system or at least it tells me that I don’t have access.
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Assuming a trial takes place, I sure hope there will be at least one interested reporter taking note of the events as the trial unfolds. It seems so far off the press radar right now that there may be nobody in the press present to report the trial.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

Roots

Post by Roots »

We should all make a deal....if any of us ever get his bitcoin wallet I get 5%.

This post is legally binding in all 50 states.

Munchy
Board Administrator
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: Golden Member
Has bestowed Karma : 470 times
Received Karma : 957 times

Post by Munchy »

here's wishing PoM a Merry & Free Christmas :beercheer:
Prohibition is Futile Image THC will be Assimilated
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ How To Pass Drug Tests ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

Roots

Post by Roots »

...and my 5% cut..... :fly:

Nov15th
some karma
some karma

Post by Nov15th »

Hi all,

I hope you're all well and enjoying summer.

It's very quiet in here?! Are you all just busy?

I thought I would drop in for my bi-annual check up into PoM news.

'Not sure if anyone cares about this really, but a while ago I was speculating that PoM was also St Exo / DPR2 on Silk Road/ Silk Road 2. It turns out that he was not, and that the person who was has been tried in the UK courts and sentenced. He's the reason that SR2 admin Defcon got off so lightly, he most probably agreed to testify at Sx Exo's trial but there have been reporting restrictions in the UK in place for the past five years or whatever while the trial was on progress so none of us knew that St Exo had been caught. He was busted in his home town Liverpool in the UK and was only 23. I really thought he was older. Totally vile and disgusting piece of work he is, you can read the news articles online if you're interested in this part of the SR saga. Here is one:

https://coinspice.io/news/alleged-silk- ... -4-months/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyway! What's interesting to me is that without the St Exo connection that PoM basically just gave Ulbricht advice and had his ego fluffed in return by a fairly n00bish stoner kid. Other than act as an older, more experienced advice giver/ Agony uncle type PoM really didn't do all that much by the looks of it. I suppose we'll learn more during his trial.

He wasn't a dealer, he didn't program or develop the site, he just gave Ulbricht advice (really terrible and ridiculous advice at times) and helped with things like hiring developers and writing up the text for competitions etc for the forum. So it's terrible really, just from poking his nose in and meddling here and there he's now up on conspiracy charges, so he faces some awfully stiff charges and a long sentence (most probably) yet he didn't even sell on the site?! I mean, he just came along once it was all up and running and poked his nose into Ulbricht's IMs. He even tried to hint to Ulbricht "who he was" one day, I remember reading some of their chats that were posted online and the silly old sausage said to Ulbricht (I just went and looked this up on another site): “I was, and am, Plural of Mongoose,” he wrote. “Folks who know and love me, it's Mongoose.” - Lol, again with the ego tripping him up. Ulbricht had no idea who or what a Mongoose was, but apparently it later helped - in part - the 3 letter agencies to figure out who he was when they were dotting i's and crossing t's.

We really do live in a crazy world.

What I wondered was, have any of you written to him or do you have any other updates? I hope he's doing ok. He must be pretty traumatised.

Gwern, who moderates the Silk Road subreddit, said there's nothing in any of the recent files on Pacer about Diamond etc. Maybe he made that up for attention or to try and put the feds off from prosecuting and ending up with yet another trial with corrupt agents. Who knows what was going through his mind. That shit about Mrs Ulbricht being kidnapped was pretty twisted, that poor woman has been through enough.

I have no doubt that PoM has lots of faults - as we all do - but I don't believe that he should end his days in a US prison. He should be writing his long-winded tales from a bungalow in Thailand with a spliff hanging out of his mouth. It's such a sad end to his story. I suppose we will have to wait until 2020 to find out how it all ends.

Worse, knowing what I know of PoM, which admittedly isn't much, all I know is from reading his posts here, his ego most likely won't allow him to cop a plea deal in return for a guilty plea. So if he goes to trial, like Ulbricht did, he will just end up with a horribly long sentence.

This summer Ulbricbt tried to claim that his lawyer at his trial was incompetent because he didn't ever explain to him that he would have been better off just pleading out.

Copy and paste:

In June, Ulbricht submitted a declaration in New York in which he claimed lawyer Joshua Dratel advised him badly about his prospects of winning at trial if he pleaded not guilty:
“Trial counsel recommended I reject the government’s offer because the sentencing exposure was too great, there was nothing to be gained by pleading guilty, and nothing to lose by going to trial…Trial counsel never told me that 97% of all federal defendants plead guilty because most defense attorneys…typically consider going to trial too risky and…likely to result in a harsher sentence (the “trial penalty”) if the defendant is convicted…I was not told that in 2012 and 2013…90% of those who went to trial were convicted at trial…I was not informed that fewer than 1% of federal criminal defendants in the United States were found not guilty in 2012 or 2013.”
I totally believe that Dratel was a shit lawyer for Ross. This article below says it all really.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/201 ... stigation/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seems crazy that PoM is going that same route, but maybe he knows he's screwed anyway so fancied a final hurrah and some press attention before he does his time. I will watch with interest - it seems mad to think that his initial 6 years, 3 months, 4 weeks etc ago post here will have been made very nearly six years ago by the time he has his trial. If I've understood correctly, Ross had his doxx on his seized laptop along with everyone else's so it seems strange that this has all taken so long to unfold. I expect a few more twists before all this is done.

Right, that's my rambling over for now. To sign off I will use a couple of his favourite smilies.

:emp: :gadday:

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1085 times
Received Karma : 1701 times

Post by Lrus007 »

thanks for the update
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.