Poll: Did Apollo missions go to the moon, or was it faked?

After enjoying the fruits of your labors, we all need a place to chill. This is that place. Totally senseless irrelevant banter encouraged.

did the Apollo missions really go to the moon, or was it all faked?

YES, the Apollo missions did really go to the moon!
50%
NO, the Apollo missions to the moon were faked!
25%
Undecided. I'm not convinced either way yet
25%

Total votes: 12

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Poll: Did Apollo missions go to the moon, or was it fake

Post by bentech »

that gravity youtube is horseshit

you've no case...
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Munchy
Board Administrator
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: Golden Member
Has bestowed Karma : 470 times
Received Karma : 957 times

Post by Munchy »

but you believe Wikipedia?

this is the one I've really been looking for, which I'd seen before...
peer reviewed papers included
Dr Thomas Van Flandern
The Speed of Gravity and ET Travel

although I suggest disregarding the Rover images as probably not from Mars
but I do consider the Mars Orbiter images to be real

What is the Speed of Gravity?

Wal Thornhill: An Examination of Gravitational Waves
Prohibition is Futile Image THC will be Assimilated
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ How To Pass Drug Tests ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by bentech »

its not that I believe wiki on this
its just they have a much more cohesive talk on the subject

which is in this case an operable definition of 'fields'

light has been shown conclusively to be a particle
gravity has not

that video did itself NO favors making the cheap illusion that the earths mass changes as a function of its distance from the sun
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1751 times
Received Karma : 1535 times

Post by Intrinsic »

Oh my God! i just watch that first video: 11 Does gravity travel at the speed of light?

General relativity is Wrong?? no evidence of this, no replicate experiment given to verifier such claim. either i completely misinterpret his point, or it is all bullshit.
Ben's right gravity is not from a particle but is an artifact from space/time geometry.

that video assumes time is uniform (flat) as in a Newtonian universe, garbage in, garbage out. remember time is also variable, not constant. hence the term space-time.
Time is relative to the observer. read it, learn it, live it.

So many other misconception but that alone is the deal breaker.
my 2 cents

Munchy
Board Administrator
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: Golden Member
Has bestowed Karma : 470 times
Received Karma : 957 times

Post by Munchy »

don't judge the whole topic by one bad video
that's like saying one hoaxed UFO means they are all hoaxes
what do you guys think of the one by Thomas Van Flandern?
Prohibition is Futile Image THC will be Assimilated
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ How To Pass Drug Tests ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. -Albert Einstein

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by bentech »

back to that 'removal' and the field thing

you will notice that they forget that a violation of the speed of light occurred when they
'removed the sun' from the solar system. and since light is particulate those that left its surface march onward in its absence

but when you concider gravity your talking about a field of influence around the sun which extends out past the limits of all bodies which orbit it.

we know how to turn maganitism and light off and on in devices we have created
we have never seen masses effect turned off and on

at present I think the science is well confirmed that the transfer of information between entangled particles has been shown to be occurring at speeds significantly faster than the speed of light we measure

then will most likely be shown to simply be that there is a medium within which light travels faster than any we have presently observed
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Poll: Did Apollo missions go to the moon, or was it faked?

Post by bentech »

per that next video munchy,
i would like to know more about the experimental measurement of the suns gravimetric center as compared to its luminous one

stanfords having none of it

Does gravity travel faster than the speed of light?
No, it doesn't appear to. Einstein's relativistic equation for gravity based on general relativity demands that gravity travels at the speed of light, otherwise the predictions we get for the bending of light and the precession of the perihelion of Mercury would be quite different than what is experimentally determined. Also, we can send spacecraft on long journeys through the solar system, and the light travel delays can be up to several hours. If gravity traveled at any other speed than that of light, the trajectories that are calculated for spacecraft would always come out wrong because they include gravitational influences that change from moment to moment as the spacecraft, Sun and planets change their positions. We would never be able to get all the different time delays of these gravitational influences to add up to the measured trajectory of the spacecraft.

https://einstein.stanford.edu/content/r ... q1510.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by bentech »

now mind you,
this collision occurred over a billion light years away...

the neutron star collision detected by the ligo gravity waves machine was also detected by radio telescopes at precisely the same time

IF gravity was traveling faster than light ligo's would have detected it well in advance and the world over telescopes would have turned to capture the light and radio signals coming in later

this didn't happen

I keep hearing flandern saying Einstein theory or gravity is keeping us back

back from what?

Using a collection of National Science Foundation radio telescopes, researchers have confirmed that a narrow jet of material was ejected at near light speeds from a neutron star collision. The collision, which was observed August 17, 2017 and occurred 130 million light-years from Earth, initially produced gravitational waves that were observed by the Laser Interferometry Gravitational-wave Observatory (LIGO), alongside a flood of light in the form of gamma rays, X-rays, visible light, and radio waves. It was the first cosmic event to be observed in both gravitational waves and light waves.

https://www.caltech.edu/about/news/supe ... sion-83414" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On 17 August 2017 the NSF's Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory (LIGO) in the United States, working with the Virgo Interferometer in Italy, detected gravitational waves passing the Earth. This event, the fifth ever detected, was named GW170817. About two seconds later, two space observatories, NASA’s Fermi Gamma-ray Space Telescope and ESA’s INTErnational Gamma Ray Astrophysics Laboratory (INTEGRAL), detected a short gamma-ray burst from the same area of the sky.

https://www.eso.org/public/usa/news/eso1733/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by bentech »

really good article

And so the quantum race began. Qubits can be made in different ways, but the rule is that two qubits can be both in state A, both in state B, one in state A and one in state B, or vice versa, so there are four probabilities in total. And you won’t know what state a qubit is at until you measure it and the qubit is yanked out of its quantum world of probabilities into our mundane physical reality.

https://www.wired.com/story/inside-the- ... ters-work/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1751 times
Received Karma : 1535 times

Post by Intrinsic »

Munchy wrote:don't judge the whole topic by one bad video
that's like saying one hoaxed UFO means they are all hoaxes
what do you guys think of the one by Thomas Van Flandern?
Right , i dont judge by one vid or any one source.
sorry i just don't have time or inclination, to watch most of the vids, Printed or published sources work better for me to review a subject.

Ok i viewed the Flandern vid and:

That vid keeps talking about curved space. But what einstein showed is space-time is curved not just space. the expert in the vid ignores time. Time IS not constant over any distance. That is why the math for orbits is so messy, that is why it means something to be a rocket scientist.

The rope crossing an orbit analogy, is odd. I understand curved space-time.
I do not understand why he thinks objects must be curved and not space.
He lost me. can anyone explain that one to me?

My feeling he trying to explain the universe in a Newtonian space but keeps talking about an Einstein space. In Newtonian space time is uniform.

When he said methane and formaldehyde are only formed from organics or volcanism. Not true both and many more organic molecules have been found in on asteroids and comets. If using that as one's premise for extraterrestrial life his conclusions are likely wrong.

It may be me, but that is why utube is a horrible source for education, printed material citing sources is my preferred venue (and hopefully peer reviewed). Even Wikipedia cites it's articles sources, otherwise it just guessing/making-things-up.
I suggest when you watch a vid, try to paraphrase or summarize what was said and concluded. If it is hard or confusing to do, suspect the source.

That whole face of mars has loooooong been debunked when NASA change the orbit of their imaging satellite for a hi-rez pic after public clamor for it. And no doubt it is a natural rock formation. For him going on about it still is at best disingenuous. I seen the hi-rez pic, it's a cooI rock formation, I even want to rock climb there.

Also anyone who says things such as “limitless source of free energy” is suspect fer sure.. Needs extraordinary proof.

Now I can relate to his misgivings about the present theories in physics and the quantum zoo, I too doubt we got it 100% right, but to give up on the scientific method to move forward and resort only to conjecture is disheartening to me.

as for gravity push theory and his and exploding planets are interesting, the idea is new to me, i would like to see some experiments to test it. tho i do not see how to.

my opinion fwiw.