Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Newbie because at my age I don't have a hook up lol

Post by bentech »

'chewing' sounds worse than just eating them
which I really didn't think was distasteful

I was given an ounce and decided to take half so I dumped em all out lined em up shape and sizewise and divided them in half like I would a bag of weed

the environment was alone and housesitting a property whos guesthouse I was living in while the kitchen got some new cabinets and tile

alone is good

best to have the place cleaned up
projects out of site

anything that reminds you of something you've been meaning to do sees to irritate

oh and take a shower right before and empty the garbage cans
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1084 times
Received Karma : 1699 times

Post by Lrus007 »

bob
just eat no need to chew like a cud.. just chew and swallow.
tea is simmered then strained. yes you throw away what you made tea from.
is a ok way to do them. you get plenty high.
i do not remember what hero dose was but a lot.
best place is a happy not busy place to enjoy the high.
hope this helps.
Lrus007
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Post by deran »

ripper5 wrote:Used my weed grinder to devastating effect of potent tea!
best grinder that you can find, and i had em all, even the stainless steel ones

yeah :tup:
awoken the right way

Oldjoints

Post by Oldjoints »

Butcher Bob wrote:Okay, that leads to some questions.

When I dose, I just take the mushrooms like a wad of chew...cram them all between my cheek and gum. Occasionally giving it a chew and moving it around the jaw and under the tongue...trying to let it absorb like a tincture. Eventually swallowing what remains after aboot 30 minutes. All the while drinking a pint of OJ.

What are other folks' opinions of 'chewin' vs eating?

I've heard of the tea, but have never known anyone to take it that way. My understanding of traditional tea making is that the tea is steeped for a period of time, the mushrooms are then strained out and tossed, and you drink the tea.

Is that correct?

And now you're grinding it to boot.

Are you just mixing it with the water and drinking it?...or are you tea-bagging it?

My brother is interested in micro-dosing. Initially he is thinking grinding to a powder and putting .1-.2 gm per caplet...maybe add a half tablet of vitamin C ground to powder and mixed in.

What are folks' thoughts aboot that?

Only been 10 days and I'm ready to go again.:p We still have 3 strains to test, and we're trying to keep the environment as similar as possible each time. With all the holiday shit going on, it might not be until X-mas for the next test. I'm hoping one is a front runner in potency, 'cause I want a hero dose that scares me. :grin:

For anyone that's done a hero's dose, how much did you do?...and what environment did you do it in?
I’m not sure what is considered a hero’s dose. I have done 5 grams at a time after going years of not dosing. I don’t suggest it for anyone as all I wanted was the effects to stop. I have done 3.5 grams several times and that is about my limit. Or should I say WAS my limit. After doing the 5 grams I never dosed again.....

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 2159 times
Received Karma : 1584 times

Post by ripper5 »

I just started doing the tea recently before that I would eat them by chewing and swallowing once its chewed. They taste horrible imo so I like to have lemon slices as it completely masks the wretched flavor. Yep I put whatever dose I want in 3 cups of simmering water for at least 15 minutes stirring frequently. I add a family size tea bag of regular black tea during the last 5 minutes. Then I strain the shrooms out and drink it from a glass. Mostly tastes like plain old tea.

I have to agree on all that everyone has said here. Tripped nice last night. I guess it was about 2.5 to 3gms. Grinding it fine seems to help the psylisibin to be absorbed into the water.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1317 times
Received Karma : 921 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

I love this thread. :)

I like the taste of regular mushrooms, so the cubes seem fine to me. The only reason I hold them in my mouth is for faster delivery...but I've been beginning to wonder if it's even worth the effort. I like the chocolate milkshake idea....bro was thinking smoothie.

Two things we do to maximize effect...
- We try not to eat anything for aboot three hours prior to taking them...so as to allow the gut to focus on absorbing the psilocin, rather than digestion of food.
- We drink the OJ for the vitamin C...which I understand helps your body connect with the psilocin. I don't remember the technical jargon explaining the process, I just remember reading it several places.:p

If you're throwing the mushrooms out after steeping, aren't you losing some of the goodness you're looking for?...or is it too small an amount to be significant?

Was thinking you could fashion a "teabag" from a coffee filter Ripper. That way you could more easily squeeze out every last drop when you remove them...but maybe they wouldn't steep as well...hmm, not sure on that one...just a thought.

Hero's dose is 5+ gms Oldjoints...so you've been there. I'm pretty comfortable doing 2-3 gms recreationally. I'm beginning to think I'm going to need at least 7 to attain my goal. I don't want it to be just a strong party trip...I want to go down the fukking rabbit hole.

The other aspect I haven't decided on yet is sense stimulation. Comfortable place and setting, noted. But what aboot visuals?...I'm not sure they'd even be needed. Or how aboot audio?...could be music, or shaman singing like is used in the ayahuasca ceremonies. Or should I just go the sensory deprivation route?...minimizing sensory input.

No thoughts on the micro-dosing? :dunno:

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Post by deran »

https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Psilocy ... _lemon_tek" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default. ... ts&t=25347" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.reddit.com/r/Drugs/comments ... ilohuasca/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:loony: :twisted:
awoken the right way

Oldjoints

Post by Oldjoints »

Butcher Bob wrote: The other aspect I haven't decided on yet is sense stimulation. Comfortable place and setting, noted. But what aboot visuals?...I'm not sure they'd even be needed. Or how aboot audio?...could be music, or shaman singing like is used in the ayahuasca ceremonies. Or should I just go the sensory deprivation route?...minimizing sensory input.

No thoughts on the micro-dosing? :dunno:
As far as audio and visual stimulation: Some find soothing waterfall or rain sounds or surf breaking on a beach a great relaxing thing while tripping. Music for some is a little much, everyone is different. Some people prefer to close themselves in while others like to be free and explore.
Mood has a lot to do with things also, I only use to trip if I was in a happy playful state. Tripping for me never worked well if I was depressed or in a bad state of mind.

As far as micro- dosing, I don’t think it’s the vitamin C but the acidity in citrus that helps the effect.....

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1317 times
Received Karma : 921 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

deran wrote: https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Psilocy ... _lemon_tek" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Oldjoints wrote:...I don’t think it’s the vitamin C but the acidity in citrus that helps the effect.....
Yeah, I'm aware of the tek to help convert the psilocybin to psilocin, but that's not what I'm referring to. What I recall was something aboot how vitamin C helps the psilocin attach to whatever it attaches to, to cause the effects. I think I saw it in a Paul Stamets lecture. I will have to look and see if I can find it again.

deran wrote: https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default. ... ts&t=25347" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.reddit.com/r/Drugs/comments ... ilohuasca/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I knew there was something aboot MAOIs affecting the intensity. I am not yet familiar enough with it, so it is on the table for future study. However I was not aware of throwing DMT into the mix as well. This is all going to be very interesting to study up on.:)

Oldjoints wrote:...everyone is different.
Boy you are not kidding there.:p Gave bro a list of 20 movies I thought would be hilarious to watch...he didn't think any would be good. Gave him a list of 50 tunes I thought were appropriate...he only liked 2 of them. We have however agreed that 9/10 Moody Blues tunes are great for tripping.

The hero dose is going to be more of an introspective experience...I'm not looking to explore anything outside my mind too much...I do not intend to be very active.

Oldjoints

Post by Oldjoints »

I only grew mushies for a couple years and what I learned was I was much better at growing bacteria than I was mycelium. So if you need help making green jars I’m your man.....