Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1318 times
Received Karma : 921 times

Newbie because at my age I don't have a hook up lol

Post by Butcher Bob »

What a lovely holiday. :)

Got a look at the set up...bro got a dehydrator.:p

Seems the 1st batch is performing the best, and the 3rd the worst. So we are assuming vigor relates to output.

Bro is having a difficult time maintaining humidity in the shotgun chamber. The air pump chambers pretty much stay around 95%, whereas the shotgun chamber is around 80%. He's started moving cakes from the 3rd batch out of the shotgun and into the 1st chamber.

The ziplocs were used straight from the box. Reasoning...they better be fukking sterile seeing as they are sold to put food in.

I'd heard him mention boiling to remove toxins before...referring to specific strains. Seems like you would be removing some of what you're trying to preserve though. :dunno:

No trip to the lake house, but we did some testing anyways. Tried the Golden Teacher. Aboot average for what I expect from decent 'shrooms, and very comfortable feeling.:)

Ripper, you freeze them?...or store in a pantry environment?

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 2159 times
Received Karma : 1584 times

Post by ripper5 »

So far, I've jarred them with some silica, and kept em in the fridge. I dry them by placing them in front of a regular old box fan, usually for a couple of days.
Going to read up on freezing and/or long term storage.

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by ripper5 »

I notice with the shotgun chamber, you have to occasionally pour water into the perlite in order to keep it hydrated enough. It's such a nice little simple effective setup. If it's working correctly, it's constantly breathing moisture out through all the above perlite drilled holes. Misting and fanning isn't absolutely necessary, it seems to supercharge the system though.

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Post by bentech »

i read that your fruiting volume really picks up as your system gets to and remains at 90% humidity

you fellas aint got around to automating that yet?
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God

Post by Butcher Bob »

ripper5 wrote:I notice with the shotgun chamber, you have to occasionally pour water into the perlite in order to keep it hydrated enough.
Yeah, I was under the impression that a little water in the perlite would maintain the humidity, but bro says that the holes need to be in the bottom as well to promote airflow and that water should not be left in the perlite as it's a breeding ground for contaminants. I have not seen anything indicating that before. :dunno:

bentech wrote:...90% humidity
I thought ideal level is 95%...
...anyways, the air pump set up is pretty good at maintaining a proper level.

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by bentech »

got a link to an 'air pump chamber' design?
ive been meaning to mess around with edibles for a long time so im gonna go bigger than the shotgun setup and automated it

id figured there were more dedicated products for this
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God

Post by Butcher Bob »

Another contaminated cake goes bad after the 3rd dunk...
BAD.jpg

bentech wrote:got a link to an 'air pump chamber' design?
Air pump is on a 15 minute on/off cycle. Pumps air to bottom of Mason jar...bubbles up through the water in the ceramic pellets, through the fiber section, and out a second tube on top, to the tub. Tubing goes in one side of the tub...air exhausts out holes in the opposite side of the tub. Provides air exchange and humidity.
AirPump.jpg

Bro's abandoned the shotgun tub completely now, and the cakes have started taking off since they've been moved to the air pump chambers.

The first batch of cakes are on their 4th dunk now. Two of the three appear to have enough pins to be worthwhile.

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by bentech »

now that ive seen!
some guys drop an aquarium heater in the water to massage their systems temperature

its easy to start watching videos of guys growing edibles in garage and up sized spaces full of racks of bags of grain with mushrooms coming out holes they cut in them

are they really cutting those bags off and then soaking those blocks for second and third flushes??!??

ive yet to see any fruiting mass over the jar size thats not still in a bag...
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

Post by ripper5 »

Used my weed grinder to devastating effect of potent tea!
Attachments
20181203_155604.jpg

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God

Post by Butcher Bob »

Okay, that leads to some questions.

When I dose, I just take the mushrooms like a wad of chew...cram them all between my cheek and gum. Occasionally giving it a chew and moving it around the jaw and under the tongue...trying to let it absorb like a tincture. Eventually swallowing what remains after aboot 30 minutes. All the while drinking a pint of OJ.

What are other folks' opinions of 'chewin' vs eating?

I've heard of the tea, but have never known anyone to take it that way. My understanding of traditional tea making is that the tea is steeped for a period of time, the mushrooms are then strained out and tossed, and you drink the tea.

Is that correct?

And now you're grinding it to boot.

Are you just mixing it with the water and drinking it?...or are you tea-bagging it?

My brother is interested in micro-dosing. Initially he is thinking grinding to a powder and putting .1-.2 gm per caplet...maybe add a half tablet of vitamin C ground to powder and mixed in.

What are folks' thoughts aboot that?

Only been 10 days and I'm ready to go again.:p We still have 3 strains to test, and we're trying to keep the environment as similar as possible each time. With all the holiday shit going on, it might not be until X-mas for the next test. I'm hoping one is a front runner in potency, 'cause I want a hero dose that scares me. :grin:

For anyone that's done a hero's dose, how much did you do?...and what environment did you do it in?