Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1122 times
Received Karma : 1753 times

Newbie because at my age I don't have a hook up lol

Post by Lrus007 »

yes we all had nice sound systems.
and nice turntables also.
i still have my sansui 9090 hooked to four speakerlab super 7's.
dark side of the moon still sounds great lol
Lrus007
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1332 times
Received Karma : 935 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

ripper5 wrote: Ive been wondering what the downtime minimum is? I read where a week and even 2 weeks was necessary but that doesn't jive with my experiences with acid back in the day. Like you say only 2 or 3 days was all that it took
In my personal experience, 1 day seemed like a 50% drop in potency...3 days, 25%...1 week, 10%..2 weeks, back to full. But I think there are a lot of factors that could alter that one way or the other. And those figures are very generalized.

Something we've done on the last two trips that seemed to have a positive effect, was to, at the point you crest the peak and notice you're on the downward slope, take another 50% of what you took initially...a bump so to speak. Instead of a long steady decline, the road became a bit more bumpy...like a roller coaster. :grin:

Looks like we're good to go for Thanksgiving...a B+ finished up...
Bplus1.jpg
Bplus2.jpg
Bplus3.jpg
:woohoo:

Is 44 gm wet in an acceptable range for one cake? :dunno:
I don't have the slightest clue what to expect for yields.

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Post by bentech »

lots less literature on that line of the subject but I think its because the legal consequences have been so extreme
the kid in the video I mentioned put a number on the increase you get moving from jars to bags

from what ive gather its a crap shoot for a good while and anyone whos got it down doesn't talk much...
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God

Post by Butcher Bob »

bentech wrote:from what ive gather its a crap shoot for a good while and anyone whos got it down doesn't talk much...
Yeah I kind of gathered that the variance from cake to cake could be a wide range.

This shit ain't making it out of the family....'cause we're a bunch of greedy little fuks. :grin:
Bro and I both want to explore some medical applications, both at the micro and god dose level.
Plus we want to test the various strains....have a lot of fun along the way.
And other family members coming along for rides.
I sometimes wonder if we'll be able to keep up with our own consumption. :dunno:

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 71 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Share what you find out, it's interesting.

And I still don't get how fungi that naturally grow in dung-filled pasture are so sensitive to "contamination". You'd think nothing would survive in the wild and its contamination *everywhere*.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

Oldjoints

Post by Oldjoints »

Jesús Malverde wrote:Share what you find out, it's interesting.

And I still don't get how fungi that naturally grow in dung-filled pasture are so sensitive to "contamination". You'd think nothing would survive in the wild and its contamination *everywhere*.
When I was growing mushies I asked the same question. What I was told was that what you are sterilizing against is mainly bacteria, and to not think of sterilization like in an operating room but as a medium free of bacteria that will attack the mycelium.
I was told that most dung is actually fairly free of bad bacteria due to the process of digestion and the acids in that process.
Whether this is true or not I don’t know but at least made sense to me at the time.

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 2191 times
Received Karma : 1612 times

Post by ripper5 »

I'd say you have a good yield there Bob. That one cake should be about 4.5 grams dry. About a gram shy of a Hero's Dose, or 2 mild/average doses.
Seems that during inoculation is really the only time that the mycelium is extra sensitive to contaminates. Once it's fully colonized, it can withstand more. My contaminated jars all spoiled before full consolidation.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God

Post by Butcher Bob »

I would agree with both those posts^^^
...and add that some molds aren't removed because they are a danger to the mushrooms, they are removed because they are dangerous to work around.

I thought it looked like a pretty good bloom...just wasn't sure aboot the weight. Now I'm wondering if we'll have enough. Bro and I for sure...trying to convince sis-in-law to join us...nephew is already begging... and niece's BF could get included as well....plus there's an old family friend that bro needs to make up to, where the gift of trip may just be what the doctor ordered.:p

Oldjoints

Post by Oldjoints »

So you will go from doing a hero’s dose to actually being one.... :gadday:

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God

Post by Butcher Bob »

When I had those 6 gm, I wanted so bad to do them all in a hero dose. It was very hard to make the decision to share them with my bro instead. It really was Ripper's thread that tipped the scale...gave me hope that I could grow more on my own.:) Now things have worked out better than I could have ever expected. So I can't help but to want to spread the joy.