And it begins

Grow room design, HID, fluoro, reflectors, ventilation, ballasts and wiring.
Oldjoints

And it begins

Post by Oldjoints »

I am building a grow room in a 10 x 10 with a veg area for mother’s, a flowering area and an isolation area for germs and males (closet). I was told to do nothing permenant and use no 2x4’s or nails. The grow light is the only light in the room since I took down the ceiling fan to use as an exhaust port. I will go in detail in my next post on dimensions and further plans. Just thought I would start this thread and update with pics as I go. All comments/suggestions are welcome be they good or bad.

The flower room I decided to make 7x7:
Last edited by Oldjoints on Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oldjoints

And it begins

Post by Oldjoints »

I am allowed 6 adults and 6 starts. I have no problem with 6 adults...,
Mother room:
Last edited by Oldjoints on Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

And it begins

Post by bentech »

the rigid insulation board is a great product!

will you be conditioning your air?

lots of ways to join that stuff. rigid corners are possible using angle brackets with drywall screws running through it and the board into scraps of plywood

probably wouldn't meet the spirit of the instruction you've been given but if I need lumber I go with 2x3 for most things. the lumber is usually in far better condition than any 2x4's in the yard and there is just no need for larger dimensions most of the time
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Oldjoints

And it begins

Post by Oldjoints »

Yes, the a/c vent to the room is above the buckets, I will be feeding it into the flower room also. I used reflective vent tape on ceiling and floor for the panels and seams.

Dick Fein
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot
Custom Title: Wiki Freak

And it begins

Post by Dick Fein »

Cool! That 2 sided tape I use can be found in the flooring section at Home Depot intended to join vinyl flooring seams. It is a transparent membrane with long fibers in it and can be removed without damage from painted walls.

Oldjoints

And it begins

Post by Oldjoints »

Thanks Dick! I will remember that for future reference. I am not really worried much about the paint. The floor is tile though and since I couldn’t use proper framing and already had that tape used it.

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 417 times
Received Karma : 511 times

And it begins

Post by Prawn Connery »

Get rid of the reflector and hang that bulb vertically (is it a 1000HPS?). Six plants is the ideal number for a vertical grow and with 7x7 you'll have enough room to walk around and access all plants. You'll get much better yields with a vertical grow than a horizontal grow for the same output. It's also the best way to grow sativas (IMO) if that's what you like to grow.
Licensed to Krill

Oldjoints

And it begins

Post by Oldjoints »

Hi Prawn,
A bare bulb grow is not possible as the health dept. will be doing inspections and safety is their major concern. No outdoor, everything behind locked doors, the rules go on and on. Could do a cool tube but for now at least it’s a traditional horizontal grow. Yes the light is a 1000 hps/mh. I also have a 400 hps/mh for the mother room. Not doing any sativa’s in this grow but will have some in the mix down the road.
Appreciate the advice... welcome back!

ripper5
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 2159 times
Received Karma : 1584 times

And it begins

Post by ripper5 »

:lurk:
Good luck!

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 417 times
Received Karma : 511 times

And it begins

Post by Prawn Connery »

No worries. That's a shame. Are you planning to grow in soil or coco?
Licensed to Krill