Outdoor feeding suggestions required

Outdoor grows

Dick Fein
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot
Custom Title: Wiki Freak

Post by Dick Fein »

I am doing my first legal outdoor crop and my plants are quite a bit larger than any I have previously grown and it has been totally organic so far. Now they are beginning to flower and I am wondering if I should supplement with bloom and if so how much? I watered in a tablespoon of guano last week.

Oldjoints

Post by Oldjoints »

Here is my opinion:
Basically you want to do as normal and lower the nitrogen level and raise the potassium level. I wouldn’t use any fish emulsion or anything with fish in it as I have had serious problems with raccoons digging up my plants to rummage the soil looking for fish to eat. Is bloom fert really necessary? No but it will help in making your buds larger. A lot of this depends on where outdoor we are talking because in a fenced in yard is a world different then a guerilla grow. But in the whole I would use a bloom fert that is organic like a high potassium guano for best results. As far as how much it depends greatly on what product you decide to go with.

Dick Fein
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot

Post by Dick Fein »

It is a fenced yard in an iffy neighborhood, but I have a baby monitor going and 3 game cameras set up to at least photograph any trespassers.
I have already issued one stern warning.
I am having a little trouble finding neem oil (sounds like a movie title), apparently it has been implicated in that new syndrome so I hit them with endall and bought some tanglefoot to coat the trunk
Attachments
game cam 7 29 2018 014.JPG
July 27 2018 009.JPG

Oldjoints

Post by Oldjoints »

The endall I have used has neem oil in it. I can’t speak on the tanglefoot as I have never used it. Looks like they are a good size for veg so you should have a bountiful harvest. Hope things go well!

Dick Fein
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot

Post by Dick Fein »

Thanks again.

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 70 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

I've tried both using bloom fertz and not using them outdoors. It might make a slight difference but if the plants look healthy and vigorous, using them won't make much/any difference in yield. Just my anecdotal experience. Keep the plants healthy and the buddage takes care of itself, it's what the plant is designed to do.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1085 times
Received Karma : 1701 times

Post by Lrus007 »

more food and water the bigger the buds.
so i would feed bloom fert's. what kind is
up to you. when you do fert water in well.
the ferts need to get down to roots.
look good and happy.

Lrus007
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

Oldjoints

Post by Oldjoints »

This is response to what Jesús posted and a general answer for all readers. When Jesus stated that if your plants are healthy they need no supplements and do their thing naturally. I wholeheartedly agree with this statement. But what I have noticed is that in flower plants use up the natural potash found during thier flowering. Does potassium make your buds huge... NO! But in my opinion it does help make them larger then if nothing is added in the flowering process. Their are no fast hard rules in this game, every strain and plant is unique. This is why I have rarely given out growing advice. I have surely made errors with diagnosing plant health and anyone that tells me they haven’t is a lier or a fool. This is a hands on game with a great deal of factors so it is extremely hard to be a “couch” doctor and when given advice remember we aren’t there to take in all the factors involved and can only go by what we are told or shown in pictures.
My 2 cents....

Dick Fein
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot

Post by Dick Fein »

I think you have both reinforced what I already felt, that staying organic is the way to go for me. I will give them another tbsp of guano in a couple weeks and water with the ph adjusted to 5.7 for the duration. If these finish in time I might even be able to flower a couple of Widows outside in DWC before the first frost. Thanks for all your advice though.

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Post by bentech »

mabe start thinking about needing to tie some of those branches up?
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com