Is this what I think it is?

Insect control and prevention, plant diseases, PH issues, nutrient deficiencies and other plant problems. Problems with your plants? Ask here,share advice.
Dick Fein
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot
Custom Title: Wiki Freak

Post by Dick Fein »

It has been a damp year but this is the only plant affected so far. It is just beginning to flower so sulphur is not an option. I am thinking of removing anything black and not watering it again until it shows it really needs water. Any other suggestions?
Attachments
Oh oh! 005.JPG
Oh oh! 009.JPG

Dick Fein
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot

Post by Dick Fein »

This is an outdoor plant by the way.

Oldjoints

Post by Oldjoints »

Looks like black mold to me. If it is you have a pest problem also. Black mold grows on honeydew from aphids, leafhoppers, whiteflies and such so check your plants real well under the leaves for these pests. Neem oil will control both pests and mold (which I highly suggest) but if you can’t get it try mixing one teaspoon of Dawn or similar dish soap in a gallon of water. Wipe the affected area with the soap and sponge, cloth, toothbrush, whatever and get off as much as the black as you can. Then spray entire plant with the soap mixture. I would also check all your plants for pests and mold. Repeat every week or until problem is gone.

Dick Fein
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot

Post by Dick Fein »

Thanks. There is a large ant nest in the yard and I am not using any pesticides so I was counting on nature to keep things in check but I do have some safers and will use it. They are just beginning to flower now so how far into flowering can you use Neem?

Oldjoints

Post by Oldjoints »

Up until a few weeks before harvest so you are good to go.....

Dick Fein
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot

Post by Dick Fein »

This one has only about 4 weeks to go so I gave it a good dousing this morning. It is Durban x God Bud and is the only one of the 6 females that had Indica structure and is far ahead in flowering.
The black mold seems to be totally gone from this one but I did do some pruning of the worst areas.
Attachments
Gods Poison early Ind dom 007.JPG
Gods Poison early Ind dom 004.JPG

Oldjoints

Post by Oldjoints »

Glad to hear you resolved the mold problem, hope you enjoy that early pheno....

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 70 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

That plant is impressively crazy early. I'm in on a little Blue Dream/Afgooie grow and those are just this past week beginning to throw out real pistils.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

Dick Fein
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot

Post by Dick Fein »

Thanks. Jordan has done a great job of aclimatimatizing these varieties for northern growers. His White Widow is a dead ringer for the original widow of the 90's but a much larger plant. Even the sativa doms should finish mid Nov. They are all well into it.
I also did a final guerilla grow this year and I have pretty much abandoned it. I can't justify the time basically for such a pathetic return, comparatively. Sick plants is the only place to show these.
Attachments
Ultimate guerilla grow 024.JPG
Ultimate guerilla grow 018.JPG
Ultimate guerilla grow 011.JPG
Ultimate guerilla grow 010.JPG

Dick Fein
Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot

Post by Dick Fein »

I am about 2 weeks from harvesting the first 3 Gods Poison and 2 weeks since I last hit them with Neem Oil and I spotted a little PM this morning.
So I need to make a decision should I spray again?
Is 2 weeks enough time for it to break down? or should I chop it early? or just ride it out?
Attachments
9 14 2018 014.JPG
9 14 2018 013.JPG
9 14 2018 012.JPG
9 14 2018 011.JPG