The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God
Custom Title: High Society Stoner
Has bestowed Karma : 184 times
Received Karma : 341 times

Operation Bayonet

Post by smokebreaks »

Pay close attention to the details of this story.

I’ve been busy so forgive me but a few months back I had stumbled on this story because, like lately, for some reason I’ve been curious about things and I happened across Andy Greenberg’s latest.

You can find it at the link: https://www.wired.com/story/hansa-dutch ... operation/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FOR ANYONE WHO has watched the last few years of cat-and-mouse games on the dark web's black markets, the pattern is familiar: A contraband bazaar like the Silk Road attracts thousands of drug dealers and their customers, along with intense scrutiny from police and three-letter agencies. Authorities hunt down its administrators, and tear the site offline in a dramatic takedown—only to find that its buyers and sellers have simply migrated to the next dark-web market on their list.

So when Dutch police got onto the trail of the popular dark-web marketplace Hansa in the fall of 2016, they decided on a different approach: Not a mere takedown, but a takeover.

In interviews with WIRED, ahead of a talk they plan to give at Kaspersky Security Analyst Summit Thursday, two Netherlands National High Tech Crime Unit officers detailed their 10-month investigation into Hansa, once the largest dark-web market in Europe. At its height, Hansa's 3,600 dealers offered more than 24,000 drug product listings, from cocaine to MDMA to heroin, as well as a smaller trade in fraud tools and counterfeit documents. In their probe into that free-trade zone, which would come to be known as Operation Bayonet, the Dutch investigators not only identified the two alleged administrators of Hansa's black market operation in Germany, but went so far as to hijack the two arrested men's accounts to take full control of the site itself.

The NHTCU officers explained how, in the undercover work that followed, they surveilled Hansa's buyers and sellers, discreetly altered the site's code to grab more identifying information of those users, and even tricked dozens of Hansa's anonymous sellers into opening a beacon file on their computers that revealed their locations. The fallout of that law enforcement coup, the officers claim, has been one of the most successful blows against the dark web in its short history: millions of dollars worth of confiscated bitcoins, more than a dozen arrests and counting of the site's top drug dealers, and a vast database of Hansa user information that authorities say should haunt anyone who bought or sold on the site during its last month online.
So in regards to the original Silk Road site, forgive me but who do you think is moving that kind of weight?

People are really dumb enough to say hey, that’s looks like a deal let’s cash in the 401k and buy 10 lbs of H? You wanna send that Next Day to my house? Sure feel free.

I honestly have no sympathy to be honest these people are fucking dumb and deserving or what comes next.

Kinda surprised that it took this long that they’d finally figured it out that they would catch more leaving it up than shutting it down.
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1111 times
Received Karma : 1741 times

Operation Bayonet

Post by Lrus007 »

only lasted a month. you know the gov..
they prob lost money running it lol
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Operation Bayonet

Post by bentech »

"The undercover agents had studied the logs of the real admins' conversations with their moderators and the site's users long enough to convincingly impersonate them..."
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Operation Bayonet

Post by deran »

the only reason that this is happening is legal money laundering

no, not the mean users of those sites and services, no sir , the government itself, and that ladies and gentlemen, thats the real bummer, thats the story

no matter if 1 gram of skunk has switched its owners or 10 tons of heroin

the government is the real villain - legally stealing dope n money, dope will re-grow the one way or the other, but hey, catching bitcoins across the globe and wallets shows how deep "our" moral has dropped, ppl who were elected by us (we/us on remote) , makes a story that is not morally allowed but nevertheless has become a normal routine ... fuck this world and their liers , like fuck us selfs for allowing such things to happen, but then again: ppl / or even a nation that has allowed a trump will also allow 3rd worldwar , money laundering on the darkwebz is compared to this nothing more then re salting your soup you ordered , monkeys already overtook our evolution , im embarrassed for our heritage !
awoken the right way

DD Ramone
good karma
good karma
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 2 times
Received Karma : 2 times

Operation Bayonet

Post by DD Ramone »

When I first heard about this 'dark-web' and that people were telling me that it was a safe and anonymous place you could go to if you required goods or services that were not easy to acquire on the regular web, immediately I thought that it would attract LE to set up 'Honey-Trap' sites, so that they could catch narcotics/gun/guns for hire/fake ID dealers etc.

It just makes the coppers job easier really. They don't even have to go out and do surveillance much any more, they can just sit at a computer terminal and garner all the evidence they will ever need to convict anyone stupid enough to think that anything they do on the intraweb's is private, after all they bloody well invented the internet and have blank cheque budgets to go after anyone they fancy going after, even if it means paying millions of bucks to the Carnegie - Melon institute to get a few 'puter - net savvy boffins to crack TOR or whatever.

So I have never even downloaded the TOR browser, because right there is a red-flag to the old bill.
DD Ramone, picks his bass to the bone, he's a BLITZKRIEG BOPPER !

smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God

Operation Bayonet

Post by smokebreaks »

It really ain’t that hard to crack something that your DARPA contract paid for.

TOR is available through my webrowsers just simply by typing .tor to a .onion address. I’ve found it pretty to simple to use, but that’s probably because it was created by the US Navy for communications agents to send messages back to base covertly.

TOR projects own website says

A branch of the U.S. Navy uses Tor for open source intelligence gathering, and one of its teams used Tor while deployed in the Middle East recently. Law enforcement uses Tor for visiting or surveilling web sites without leaving government IP addresses in their web logs, and for security during sting operations.
GOVERNMENT WARNING: Marijuana use can cause complex thoughts leading to better ideas of how to live your life. Caution, free thinking has been routinely reported with continued use.

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Operation Bayonet

Post by bentech »

legalize all drugs
ban war...
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 71 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Operation Bayonet

Post by Jesús Malverde »

In the end it was the paperwork piling up that actually crashed the operation. Result: a trophy or two and 50 knock and talks.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

smokebreaks
The Big Cheese
Karma God
Karma God

Operation Bayonet

Post by smokebreaks »

deran wrote:the only reason that this is happening is legal money laundering

no, not the mean users of those sites and services, no sir , the government itself, and that ladies and gentlemen, thats the real bummer, thats the story

the government is the real villain -
Dude, have I told you lately that I missed you? You, get it.

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Operation Bayonet

Post by deran »

smokebreaks wrote:
deran wrote:the only reason that this is happening is legal money laundering

the government is the real villain -
Dude, have I told you lately that I missed you? You, get it.

the sun is always here/there - just bc clouds dont allow us to see it, its not gone from the face of the earth

i will spend more time here in the near future, as soon as i get internet access by wire, now im only online bc of my prepaid online cell phone, which is a tether 4G/LTE line limited to only 1,5 gigs pre month , which is nearly nothing when you have a fast connection 500mbit , a couple of HD tube vids here n there, and its gone .... eeewwww ... costs some additional 20 euros a month , but its pita arranging it, as i do have also a special phone option for not EU countries ....
i did call the service number but didnt got anyone on the line who has some profound knowledge in "mixing" not compatible phone a inet packages , with other words .. im happy that i got the not EU option at all for the phone

as long as you are looking for inside EU packages, its all a breeze .... but i dont hvae anybody to call there lol

the phone isnt my idea, i need it for my relatives living outside of the EU, not all heve a puter and inet, and not all are so young as us here to manage new technologies ... crap crap crap

actually im lucky, as vodafon, my provider, is also streaming some hundreds of TV stations along the glassfibre, including also new 4K standards ... the list is endless, and by that i mean, endless complicated ... and we all know .. on the other side of the phone is just a chick sitting somewhere in a call center and having only the infos that her software is providing her ... lol

but i will find one nice day somebody who can help me ;)
awoken the right way