Karma Jackpot
Karma Jackpot
Custom Title: Intangibles Inc.
Has bestowed Karma : 8 times
Received Karma : 6 times

LEDs

Post by nobodyknew »

Been wondering about LED's myself - following this one with interest
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime,somewhere someone said to themselves
"You know - I really want to set those people over there on fire but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." George Carlin R.I.P

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Has bestowed Karma : 417 times
Received Karma : 511 times

LEDs

Post by Prawn Connery »

To answer a question from ben, those are two-gallon pots with straight coco, each being fed half to one litre of nutrient solution a day. That varies, of course, due to weather and stage of growth. When it's hot and the girls are in full bloom, they might drink up to 2 litres (half gallon) each a day.
Licensed to Krill

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

LEDs

Post by deran »

Awesome show!
A big thx from the bottom of my heart!

RE the calcium
That's a known issue with LEDs, due to the missing wavelengths past the red PAR spectrum
Separately increasing Ca , with a cal-mag like product, the higher the ratio Ca:Mg, the better of course .. , pump it up by an EC of 0,3 , as your very first compound when mixing your solution, solves most strains, separately increasing temperature by 3-4 C , compared to hps ideal, helps too "adjusting" those issues, its simple, just juggle your knobs towards your wanted output

Gogogo!

:popcorn:
:woohoo:
awoken the right way

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1751 times
Received Karma : 1535 times

LEDs

Post by Intrinsic »

:popcorn: woohoo Plants and tech ... my favorite combo.

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

LEDs

Post by Prawn Connery »

MadMoonMan wrote:But how well will they flower?
Prawn Connery wrote:That's the $64,000 question. I'm hoping I flipped them at the right time and they don't overgrow the tent.
Damn you! :emp:

Two weeks and two days of 12/12 and they're still going mental.
2weeks2daysB.jpg
2weeks2days.jpg
2weeks2daysA.jpg
Licensed to Krill

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 70 times
Received Karma : 131 times

LEDs

Post by Jesús Malverde »

I'll be following. LEDs in the flower room are just recently getting a real try in the legal grow industry here. I mentioned in earlier that I bought some Amnesia haze grown completely under LEDs and it looked good and had potency, but the bud had a kind of a weird gummy texture and didn't smoke particularly well. Could have been at least partly the cure to blame too though I guess. I'm still waiting to find some LED-flowered stuff that ticks all the boxes.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

LEDs

Post by Prawn Connery »

deran wrote:Awesome show!
A big thx from the bottom of my heart!

RE the calcium
That's a known issue with LEDs, due to the missing wavelengths past the red PAR spectrum
Separately increasing Ca , with a cal-mag like product, the higher the ratio Ca:Mg, the better of course .. , pump it up by an EC of 0,3 , as your very first compound when mixing your solution, solves most strains, separately increasing temperature by 3-4 C , compared to hps ideal, helps too "adjusting" those issues, its simple, just juggle your knobs towards your wanted output

Gogogo!

:popcorn:
:woohoo:
coco2.jpg
I'm using pre-buffered (Ca Mg) coco, plus a very good coco nutrient that has an N-P-K-Ca-Mg ratio of about 15-3-20-8-3. As long as I feed them properly, they seem to do well. CX has a mineral-based Part A and an organic-based Part B. Temps are already quite warm here - 30-35C inside the grow tent.

The Monster Bud on the left is a single part organic flowering nutrient with lots of aminos, fulvic and humic acids with an N-P-K-Ca-MG of 15-11-18-4-2 - I use it as a P supplement after 2-3 weeks of flowering. It seems to mix well with the CX. I've used the same formula for years, including the Budlink silica additive. This is pretty much all I use.

I even use CX flowering nutes for veg. With run-to-waste, it doesn't matter - the plant takes what it needs and the rest gets flushed.
Licensed to Krill

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

LEDs

Post by Prawn Connery »

Week3halfB.jpg
Just over three-and-half weeks and starting to bud up a bit. Be interesting to see how they flowering. LEDs are fucking bright, but I can still get them inches away from the plants without burning them.
Licensed to Krill

Prawn Connery
MPG Founder
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda

LEDs

Post by Prawn Connery »

Week3halfD.jpg
Week3halfC.jpg
Licensed to Krill