DNC outs the bernie wing?!?!

Unmoderated except for TOU and security breaches.
bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Post by bentech »

More than a dozen progressive groups are urging the Democratic National Committee’s post-2016 Unity Reform Commission to recommend the party end its superdelegate system, where one-sixth of those nominating the presidential candidate are chosen before primaries and caucuses.
“On behalf of our more than 12 million members, we urge the Commission to recommend the full elimination of superdelegates’ power to overrule the will of Democratic primary voters in selecting the party’s presidential nominee,” the groups wrote in a letter released Thursday, in anticipation of the Unity Commission’s final meeting this weekend.
“If this is not the Commission’s final recommendation, the Commission should at the very least follow the mandate from the Democratic National Convention’s Rules Committee to reduce the voting power of superdelegates by approximately two-thirds,” said the letter, which was co-signed by the Center for Popular Democracy, Courage Campaign, CREDO Action, Demand Progress Action, MoveOn.org, National Nurses United, NDN, Other98, Our Revolution, Progressive Change Campaign Committee, Progressive Democrats of America, RootsAction.org and Social Security Works.
The Unity Commission's recommendations will come before the DNC, which will then decide what to do.

https://www.alternet.org/activism/progr ... est-ending" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Jesús Malverde
Site Moderator
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: Munchy Sock since OG lol
Has bestowed Karma : 70 times
Received Karma : 131 times

Post by Jesús Malverde »

Democrats are paid to lose. Even when they win. Good work, I guess, if you can get it.
One for the rook

One for the crow

One to rot

and one to grow

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Post by bentech »

hot at work gearing up to throw the midterm elections!!!

democratic memo leaked,
demands party 'unity' and...

a requirement that the campaigns
must agree "not to engage in tactics that do
harm to our chances of winning a general
election"

the memo mandates that candidates preserve
at least 75% of all funds they raise for
"paid communications"- which is seen as
code for TV advertising, a method viewed by
much of the new generations of democrats as
outmoded, especially for mobilizing young and
minority voters who could be cretical in 2018

https://tytnetwork.com/2017/12/05/leake ... andidates/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the best commentary on the subject

https://jimmydorecomedy.com/home/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

MadMoonMan
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: nOT-a-BoT
Has bestowed Karma : 15 times
Received Karma : 231 times

Post by MadMoonMan »

anyone who denies reality is either bOiNgers! Or have an ulterior motive.
Just because I can't spell misanthrope doesn't mean I'm completely stupid.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1751 times
Received Karma : 1537 times

Post by Intrinsic »

Butcher Bob wrote: Just goes to show, republican or democrat, there is no difference...it's all a big game, .. :fubird:
:tup:
Can't be said enough.

Homie don't play that game.
Write-ins ARE a valid option and not throwing yer vote away.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God
Has bestowed Karma : 1317 times
Received Karma : 921 times

Post by Butcher Bob »

Write-ins are only valid if they have registered as such and met certain criteria. Voting a write-in that has not done that is the same as not voting.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

I never heard this. i'm sure there is some bureaucracy. but is it a inconvenience or a road block?

on the ballot there is a space for write in. i do not remember seeing anything written about restriction on the ballot itself or a notice posted in the polling place.

I know write ins have been successful. i thinking the Lisa Murkowski write-in win Alaska. (had to spell her name correct for it to count too)

anyway then, voting for dem or reb is the equivalent of throwing yer vote away. therefor write in is as valid if not more so, as a voting for one of the known jerkwads. if nothing else as a message to the powers that be.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God

Post by Butcher Bob »

I was surprised to find out they had to register, but it's a reasonable requirement. The criteria was simplistic. They have to meet the requirements for the job...age, residency, etc. They have to show intent, which registering does...you can't force someone into the job that doesn't want it. And usually some other minor obstacles.

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie

Post by Intrinsic »

Yeah I can see the need for intent as a good thing. (tho some have argued that those who don't want the job would be better for the job).

Well then I suppose at least those candidates/parties that are registered on the ballot in some states but not in others are still valid as write-ins in all states.(?)

If so then write-ins are the voting public's only power over the two party system.
I know grass roots competing with gobs-of-money thingie. But still.
Right?

And may be moot in a nation of sheep.

Butcher Bob
Karma God
Karma God

Post by Butcher Bob »

Intrinsic wrote:Well then I suppose at least those candidates/parties that are registered on the ballot in some states but not in others are still valid as write-ins in all states.(?)
That was the biggest sticking point I saw. You have to register in each state whose ballot you want to be on...I thought a single federal registration makes more sense. And to make things more difficult, every state has slightly different requirements and deadlines. Again, to me, it would seem a unified system would make more sense.:dunno: