oldtimer - dog new tricks

After enjoying the fruits of your labors, we all need a place to chill. This is that place. Totally senseless irrelevant banter encouraged.
deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman
Custom Title: time bandit
Has bestowed Karma : 63 times
Received Karma : 107 times

Post by deran »

it passed some time since i had my last mobile phone - actullay it was around 2010/2011 - i had it maybe for 2 months or so when the bust happend, some might remember ... well not my first - but hopefuly my last bust ... lol

well - those are the "rules" to our "game" ...

anyways, i was at my lawyer bc of the bust and he played some mp3 files for me, actually it were the surveilance tape from my phone, they tapped on me and voila ... got all my calls on tape

knowing with whom im playing, the tapes werent of any interest - actually most the tinmes its me talking to my co-workers

but the result was - i refused to have a mobile phone - i still refused it ...

well - until yesterday

i had a "moment" - went to "saturn" and bought me a new smart phone

you have to know that all this technology is completly new to me and i got a lots of stuff still to learn and so ...

its an android phone and im playing with it , already charged the batterie for 3 times "while playing" ... lol ...

anybody got any tips for me, be it apps or hints or anything else

on my to do list is still - rooting it, so i can use linux deploy and load the kali distro

now i become ET calling home lol
awoken the right way

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Post by bentech »

cant help you here my friend,
im still a firm avoider

wouldnt mind having access to such good maps though...
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

Intrinsic
Advanced Grower
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Has bestowed Karma : 1751 times
Received Karma : 1537 times

Post by Intrinsic »

well in relatively new too, got a cheapie one as a gift with service paid up for a year.
for me cause it is a cheapy and tied to ATT, i'm not able to root it. i concluded it is best to pay xtra and get one designed for a os with user privileges. or get the android developer kit (invertible), work at it and hope for the best. let me know how you fare.

Also i see no way to trust any software for encryption on a an android or apple.

Also i have found it sometimes pings home/somewhere even in airplane mode.
when turned off it is still consuming battery power so i have suspicions. The engineer switch (remove battery) is the only real off button.

And get xtra batteries for traveling. my batteries are flat enough to leave one in my wallet.

As a completely unrelated tangent. i have never charge my phone from the grid, solar charged solely for a year now.

my carrier is ATT. ATT sucks large green donkey dicks.

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman

Post by deran »

hi mate ! :)

thx on your input, similiar to me, i didnt wanted an expansive apple toy nor its "cousin" samsung, simply bc i have had very bad experience with samsung and their planed selfdestruction methods, namely a few years ago i got myself a new samsung flat tv, a half year passed by when guarantee was over and baaam - black screen - no sign of life at all ...
i gogled around and found out that samsung and lg are the ones with a planed obsolescence - of course, imagine they would build a tv that lasts for decades /like it used to be with the big old no-flat tv`s .. speaking of those, one is still running in my bedroom without any issues ... those companies would go broke, they have to sell tvs to survive , and to get this done, they have this selfdestruction mode, bc its easier and cheaper to get a brand new tv than to try to repair the tv, which is often more costly than a new tv and/or its simply impossible to change the broken part ... fuck you lg and samsung ...

with that in mind, i went to number#3 - huawei , knowing this company as a hardware usb stick that im using for inet when not at home at the router, i havent had any problems with this company (so far) , and i was reasonably choosing my toy ... meaning i dont need all fancy things the adverts are suggesting me ... i mean come on, im a (half)pro photographer using a full frame digital slr ... and they really want to tell me, that my phone has more mega pixels built into the cam, than my big real photo apparatus .... well, many folks are dumb and fall for this comparison, not taking into account the size of the sensors ... lol
20 mega pixels on a 35mm full frame sensor will give you the best image quality possible, now pack all those mega pixels onto a chip, smaller than the size of your small finger nail .. yeah baby - you will get so much noise, image quality being for the "loo" ... lol
so yes, camera was not a primary factor ... as with some other things ...
and i got a good deal, its a huawei P8 lite, has 2 slots for sim cards, so i can use 2 different providers, one for calling texting, the other one for surfing ...
android is version 6. 0 afaik , not rooted yet, not sure if i need it really ... just put a pentest app onto my phone, some things need root ... we will see ... ;)

android is so scaleable that you can change so many things that i havent it all under my belt, i still dont know whats running in foreground and background, whats pulling juice and what not, not to mention the data flow ...

btw thanks for this idea !

im gonna run wireshark on the big box and im going to watch the data stream from the mobile phone, looking to whom its calling in the background ...

some good news for the security stuff:
https://threema.ch/en/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

end-to-end encryption in 4096 bit , for files AND - hold on - hold on - hold on - and for calls ! the voice gets live encrypted while phoning, you will experience a delay of 1 - 3 seconds (depending on the power of your cpu and a few other things) - highly recommended !

as up to now, i installed a few things like the good ol "total commander" - a file manager - most should know as its simply the best tool , fing a net scanner and zanti the penetration tool ...

rooting has to be done, so can use "linux deploy" and with this app, you can load awesome distros onto your phone like backtrack / kali linux , making your phone a mobile hackers dream toy , yay ... :D

if something further comes to my mind, im gonna update here
awoken the right way

bentech
MPG Ambassador
Karma Hippie
Karma Hippie
Custom Title: eye the witch Melancholy
Has bestowed Karma : 33 times
Received Karma : 28 times

Post by bentech »

The Father Of Mobile Computing Is Not Impressed

https://www.fastcompany.com/40435064/wh ... nology-now" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"we must strive to become good ancestors" nader
https://www.myplanetganja.com/viewforum.php?f=48
FUCK jimmydorecomedy.com

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman

Post by deran »

bentech wrote:The Father Of Mobile Computing Is Not Impressed

https://www.fastcompany.com/40435064/wh ... nology-now" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

his fault he didnt tried out an android phone

you know : android = linux :emp:
awoken the right way

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman

Post by deran »

holy crap - what did i miss OMG

im "playing" with the google assistant ... via voice .. im talking to my phone, and its talking back, full voice recognition, a great artificial intelligence .. im really having a better conversation with the google assistant than with some girls with whom i was out ...

OMG

future is really here WTF

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/137722- ... s-offer-it" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
awoken the right way

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1085 times
Received Karma : 1701 times

Post by Lrus007 »

don't own one anymore. don't miss it either.
everywhere i go people have there phone in there face.
then the fucking slide show that you just have to see.
sad really..

Lrus007
Attachments
ajNON0q_700b.jpg
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.

deran
Karma Shaman
Karma Shaman

Post by deran »

Lrus007 wrote:don't own one anymore. don't miss it either.
everywhere i go people have there phone in there face.
then the fucking slide show that you just have to see.
sad really..

Lrus007

yeah true - i know exaclty what you mean and how you feel about it, me 2 could tear up ppls faces when they are in "tunnel-mode" .. it went so far that when walking on the street and somebody is coming in my way and this one is strictly looking into his phone .. well i run them over .. for not watching their way where they go ...

i got a slight advantage, bc i didnt had a phone for some 6 or 7 years, i dont have this monkey behavior, meaning im not one of those mombies, i do plug in the headphones to listen some music while roaming around, also when sitting in the bus or the train i do play some games here n there, like spiderman lol ...
but i dont do this when walking around ... i mean, im missing a lot of nice girl faces and so on ... nah .. not my cup of tea
awoken the right way

Lrus007
Advanced Grower
Karma Bhudda
Karma Bhudda
Custom Title: hash and oil maker
Has bestowed Karma : 1085 times
Received Karma : 1701 times

Post by Lrus007 »

mostly at post office i start talking back to people.
like they started the convo with me. is quite funny.
a few have got mad.. hi.. hi.. i am at post office.. yes me to, in the line with you..
Lrus007
My therapist says I am a habitual liar and an attention seeker, therefore nothing I say/write is true and under no circumstances should I be believed nor held accountable for anything I say. all photo's are paintings

People are born with the instinct to fight against their own death, to struggle with their last breath against even the most unavoidable and uncompromising ends.